Friedman: Teams interested in Trocheck

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The disconnect between Panthers fans' opinions on Trocheck this season and the underlying numbers is really remarkable. Analytically he's having his best season in years, especially when it comes to driving offence.

That just goes to show you what crap analytics is sometimes. Trocheck is a steaming pile of dog turd. The only thing he's driving towards is a career in Hollywood with his elite post game media scrums .

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
We wouldn’t want Zucc but Staal is worth it

Is Staal + Soucy for Trocheck + 2nd/3rd closer?

Wild have defense prospects up their ass, so I could see another one being thrown in to bridge the gap if there is one. No idea what Trocheck's perceived value is anymore based off of some of the reactions in this thread. Only reason I had Zucc in there was cause of Florida's previous interest and the Wild's abundance of wingers.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Is Staal + Soucy for Trocheck + 2nd/3rd closer?

Wild have defense prospects up their ass, so I could see another one being thrown in to bridge the gap if there is one. No idea what Trocheck's perceived value is anymore based off of some of the reactions in this thread. Only reason I had Zucc in there was cause of Florida's previous interest and the Wild's abundance of wingers.
How do we get Brodin and Staal?

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
How do we get Brodin and Staal?

Trocheck + 1st + Borgstrom at a minimum probably.

I'm still not sure if I'd even do that though. I think the key to the Wild's success is keeping their Top 4 in tact, but that package also tends to our biggest need in young centers.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Because we mentioned it on our board what about Savard+reasonable kid or pick. Ask anyone who watched Savard lasy playoffs what a beast he is especially blocking shots. He may have stopped more then Bob the 2nd series . We can trade Wennberg with to see if he works and if not the buyout is insanely cheap for a chance at a reclamation.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Stepan
Hammer
Oesterle
Hinostroza

For

Yandle
Trocheck
Pysyk
Hawryluk

Shaves a third of a million off the cap for Florida, and gets Q his favourites. Shakes up AZ and brings back Yandle and some grit.

Now just figure out how to balance the rest with futures haha
8 player deal and like 30m in aav cap, seems legit.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Trocheck + 1st + Borgstrom at a minimum probably.

I'm still not sure if I'd even do that though. I think the key to the Wild's success is keeping their Top 4 in tact, but that package also tends to our biggest need in young centers.

I’m not trying to be rude here but I do not think there is a fan base that currently overvalued their players more than wild fans.

Trocheck, Borg and a 1st is the minimum?

Reactions: Auston Escobar

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Panther fans,what do you think would it would take for a Trochek to NYI trade?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Trocheck back from 2 middle and heavy Injurie in 2 Years are still not in shape, as been before the 2 Injuries. His Speed getting better from month to Month.
But the biggest problem with him is. Head first into a brick wall. he is skilled can skate with the Puck and has still a shot. But he looseing by far near any Board Battle, physical Battle and looseing the Puck while skating around the 3 or 4th Defensman.
His Prime Years so far was on the PP Unite 1. Had a lot of Icetime and shots, on PP Unite 2 where he is with Ekblad on the Line not more that Sharp.

His Contract is what anyone is after, even in his current state, its a winning Situation. So dont await a Teamplayer if you go after trocheck.

I hope Elliot doesnt do it on a friendship help, to spread it around.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
I’m not trying to be rude here but I do not think there is a fan base that currently overvalued their players more than wild fans.

Staal is our 1C koivu is done so we don't have anyone to replace him.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Is this thing on? Testing 1-2.
Tro for Ghost would be a good basis for a trade, mind you I'm not as down on Vinnie as most Panther fans.

The big issue with this trade is positional need. While the Cats should be looking to acquire a top 4 d-man, they need more of a shutdown guy and, obviously, Ghost plays a different game than that.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Brodin would seem to fit a lot of what Florida fans believe they need.

Trocheck would immediately be the Wild best center by default and is young enough to make sense.

The obvious concern from my point of view as a Wild fan is that Brodin is playing the best hockey he ever has and has been one of the top players on the team over the course of the year and Florida fans seem to feel like Trocheck is regressing. Would probably still do it...

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

For Brodin and Staal? Maybe, yeah.

Brodin's having the best year he's ever had at both ends of the ice. The points are nice but he's been an absolute wizard in his own end and brings exactly what the Panthers seem to lack. He suppresses high-danger shots as well as any defenseman in the league and is a one-man breakout. He's also got an extra year and is probably inclined to extend in Minnesota, so time is on Guerin's side.

I don't want to read too much into fan reactions, but Trocheck is having kind of a down year in terms of production and the talk of his play suffering after his injury is worrying. It's the same situation we're in with Dumba: I wouldn't blame anyone for being skeptical about him right now, even with him having bounced back in these last 10 games or so. With his contract Trocheck's still a very valuable player, but I'm not all that comfortable with giving up Brodin for him right now. And again, Minnesota isn't the team that needs to make something happen here.

Going by Boston's offer last year Staal's probably worth a late 1st. He's not doing great right now but he wasn't doing great last year around the deadline either. Teams still pay for a cheap 2C with his experience and history of producing.

Borgstrom, whatever he's been in the past, is currently 22 and putting up ~20 points in 40 AHL games. Maybe we'd be buying low on a guy that'll get over the hump and be a good player, but from afar he seems like a risk right now.

The bottom line is that we'd be giving up a great defenseman with zero question marks for a center that's being traded from a team that has no replacement for him. If Florida wants to do that, wants to do it now and wants to get a replacement 2C in the deal? Yes, they'd have to sweeten the pot.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes