Friedman: Teams interested in Trocheck

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Stepan and Hammer for Trocheck and Yandle

Cap hits are roughly the same. AZ takes on Yandle's contract years. Everybody else is on a two yr deal, I think.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
It would create a hole, but we could plug it with a Tierney/Granlund type acquisition for now. Go out and acquire a no.2 center in the off-season.

well I think it fits both teams needs. Both salary are comparable. Age is similar. Get a year and a 1/4 of each guy before committing long term. Seems like a good trade

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
If coleman got Foote and a 1st. Trocheck should go for something similar if not more.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Just want to re mention the CBJ in here because I truly believe if Trocheck is available theres 0 chance we arent in the top 3 options. We have the D to move. We have mid prospects that can be moved on top of D.

Reactions: Dumais

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Trocheck is till only 26 year's old. He can maybe bounce back after a change of scenery perhaps so maybe some team can get a good deal here while his value is low.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
to FLA: Puljujarvi, Larsson, Gagner, 1st 2020, conditional 2021-3rd( becomes a second if the oilers make the SCF or resign Hoffman)

To Edmonton: Hoffman, Trochek

This give the Panthers a top 4 Defenceman with some term, a good prospect with some warts but high potential and a couple of picks for the future.

This gives the Oilers a Third line center and top line Leftwinger for Mcdavid.

I am sure i get crucified by oiler fans, but I woudl pay this.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
to FLA: Puljujarvi, Larsson, Gagner, 1st 2020, conditional 2021-3rd( becomes a second if the oilers make the SCF or resign Hoffman)

To Edmonton: Hoffman, Trochek

This give the Panthers a top 4 Defenceman with some term, a good prospect with some warts but high potential and a couple of picks for the future.

This gives the Oilers a Third line center and top line Leftwinger for Mcdavid.

I am sure i get crucified by oiler fans, but I woudl pay this.

Larsson for Trochek is a sideways deal and you want to throw in Puljujarvi, a 1st, and a 3rd/2nd for Hoffman? That's a bad deal for the Oilers. It's not crazy given the overpays going on but it doesn't make sense either. Bouchard or Benning haven't shown capable of top 4 minutes and the Oilers won't want to play lefties like Russell or Jones a rookie. I'd love both guys but the team can't give up their only veteran RD to do it, especially a guy who plays big minutes like him. I'm also not sure that Florida really needs him with Ekblad and Stralman in their top 4. Russell makes sense for Florida based on the need for a defensive guy, and he's an outstanding PKer, but I'd doubt he's on his trade list or that he'd waive to go there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->