LeBrun: Teams checking on Barkov's availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If Barkov is actually available and Florida is looking to rebuild, LA has several pieces that might be attractive for the Panthers. Perhaps something around Byfield + Clague/Grans + Kupari + Grundstrom + LA's first round pick in 21 as a starting point? Two A+ pieces and a few B pieces. LA could eat some salary too if needed, taking back Yandle as well.

Next year, the Kings could run:

Turcotte - Barkov - Carter
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Vilardi - Athanasiou
Wagner - Lizotte - Moore

Bjornfot - Doughty
Yandle - Roy
Anderson - Walker

They don’t move Barkov to LA without Turcotte being one of the return pieces.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
You don’t get Barkov without it hurting
Actually if the Panthers keep losing, the odds of him re-signing are slim. So the Panthers have 1.5 years to get it together or else they'll have to take the best offer they can get at the TDL next season.

You can ask for A pieces all you want but if you only get B pieces, that's what you'll have to take. The Panthers lose leverage the moment Barkov asks for a trade and the less term remaining on his contract, the lesser the return will be.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Just like PLD, Sens don't get Barkov w/o Stutzle...it starts with something serious

i just don’t see Ottawa going for him. Not after he demands a trade from one team. God knows it’s only a matter of time before the Sens do something stupid and he may ask for a trade out of Ottawa too.

It’s such a shame what’s happened to the fans of the Sens over the last decade or so. The city would love to revolve around the team but it’s always some sort of drama with the owner.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So you just pick what you read?

Go read the previous post and tell me what’s do bad about them.

But I can only assume you’re a fan who thinks Tallon did fantastic job and there’s absolutely nothing to fix. Cup champs 2021

& Believing in that teams potential from 2022-> is so damm bad

Well you questioned our offense already and we have 10 goals in 2 games so far, yes against CHItanko but you also played NJ two games.
How many goals does BOS have through 3 games?
You continually never back up your claim why Ekblad isn't a #1D.

For all the bad Tallon did with signings/contracts (Matheson and Bob), his recent 1st round drafts look to be okay (Tippet/Denisenko/Knight) and Huberdeau, Barkov and Ekblad are still in Panther uniforms.
I can take criticism of my team but you claiming you're a FLA fan is laughable.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Just like PLD, Sens don't get Barkov w/o Stutzle...it starts with something serious
1.5 years.of Barkov is worth NO WHERE close to Stutzle. Please show me the last time any player of his pedigree was traded?

Even a signed Stone got no where close.to that kind of player. A full season of Karlsson got nowhere close to that. RoR got no where close to that.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
1.5 years.of Barkov is worth NO WHERE close to Stutzle. Please show me the last time any player of his pedigree was traded?

Even a signed Stone got no where close.to that kind of player. A full season of Karlsson got nowhere close to that. RoR got no where close to that.
name the last time a top 10 center who is 25 years old was traded?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

Really? A Top10 1C isnt worth a shiny new toy? Go check PLD threads. In them PLD is worth more than any of the new guys and Barkov >>>> PLD

Reactions: Fro

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
name the last time a top 10 center who is 25 years old was traded?
The arguable #1D in the world was traded at 27 and got a few B level pieces.

A top 10W in the game was traded at 26 (and signed long term too) and only got a top 4D prospect.

You aren't getting Stutzle or anything close to that :laugh:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Really? A Top10 1C isnt worth a shiny new toy? Go check PLD threads. In them PLD is worth more than any of the new guys and Barkov >>>> PLD
No, fans of teams think they are getting that much.

History has shown that a prospect like Stutzle is not getting traded for Barkov and if that's what you actually think you'll be massively disappointed

Show me anytime a top 3 prospect in the world was traded for what could be a 1.5 rental? Hell show me anytime a prospect like that was traded at all...

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would love to make proposals, but i dont see the point. Barkov isn't going anywhere.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

A top 10W in the game was traded at 26 (and signed long term too) and only got a top 4D prospect.

Karlsson was on the last year of his deal and Stone was at the deadline needing a new deal.

Barkov is 25 and has 2 full seasons left on his current sweetheart deal. You are comparing apples to oranges and not even doing a decent job of it.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

What Top 10W are you referring too? And Karlsson asked for a trade with 1yr left and a M-NTC and had only a few destinations he wanted to goto. Not exactly the best scenario for a selling team.

Johansen also asked for a trade - he fetched Set Jones and Johansen is worse than Barkov on every facet

Reactions: Gagnefan924
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad