LeBrun: Teams checking on Barkov's availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don’t think it’s going to be a money issue with Barkov. More of a competitive issues. Covid season kind of throws things out of whack which sucks for FLA cause they can extend him in the off season but if they don’t make noise this season how much faith does Barkov have to extend in the off season and expect the team to contend over the next 9 seasons?

Valid points but FLA is still one of the options until they aren't.
Zito will likely push to make playoffs this year and probably try to sell him on the young prospects and going somewhat all in (trading 1sts with 2nd tier prospects for team needs) next year and beyond if he re-signs.

Maybe his buddy Laine who would be one year closer to UFA.

Or Jets Scheifele for Barkov :sarcasm:

I dont hate it and may be the only way Laine would re-sign there but just dont see Laine there long term and WPG seems like a market Barkov may avoid with regards to his personality

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
What would Florida want from NYR for Barkov? This team is desperate for that kind of strength down the middle.
Zibanejad and Barkov hitting free agency at the same time would be a disaster. Plus it’s the Rangers, they’ll probably just sign Barkov in 1.5 years anyway.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
One thing that’s annoying about this thread: everyone is assuming that Barkov wants to leave and hence is offering these pretty mediocre packages. There is no evidence that he wants to leave, especially considering my we can offer him the most money.

If you’re offering a package, ask yourself: would I accept this package for my team’s star player who needs a new contract and has not voiced any desire to leave? Would I be happy if another fan base offered this package?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
One thing that’s annoying about this thread: everyone is assuming that Barkov wants to leave and hence is offering these pretty mediocre packages. There is no evidence that he wants to leave, especially considering my we can offer him the most money.

If you’re offering a package, ask yourself: would I accept this package for my team’s star player who needs a new contract and has not voiced any desire to leave? Would I be happy if another fan base offered this package?

Isles fans:

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpg

Drunkenfish

Oct 1, 2018
He will sign as rfa with Boston to replace Bergy. We can trow 11 millions a year easy next year.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

I believe the whole premise is if he wants out...not necc that they think he wants out...

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I kinda don’t see him outside of Florida, he has been on two teams his whole career so far, he even went as far as becoming one of the owners of his old team Tappara. Barkov loves living in Florida, he takes his captaincy seriously and has not shown any signs of wanting out and Panthers love to have him, they won’t trade him till they absolutely need to, or someone overpays but i don’t even know what would be considered a overpayment because he is so valuable for Panthers.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
NO, Bobrosky is your problem

He’s been around for a year, he wasn’t the problem. A crap defense, a weak bottom 6, and a GM who didn’t pick well outside of the first round was/is the problem.

currently Bob needs to work on his glove, he’s watched open shots go past him, but the defense has limited the shots, the team is (so far) playing in all three zones, and there’s depth.

long way to go, but Zito has started fixing the problems, not just patching them up.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Some team might get ultimate lucky if they will have this guy. Bobrovsky said that Barkov is the best player in nhl. Well i dont think in offence but he is the most complete and top5 player in the league now for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad