LeBrun: Teams checking on Barkov's availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Let's see what happens this season and if the Panthers can have some success. But one thing is for sure, the Panthers definitely aren't trading him right now.

I really doubt they can have success in their division.
Just look at Barkovs linemates for puck start.

There’s hope for Florida, but that hope isn’t seen as well in the NHL this year.

Lundell could be a huge core player but he’s in Europe right now.
Knight could be a franchise goalie but he’s developing elsewhere right now.

Zito seems like a smart Gm but from the situation he entered it’s really going to take a couple years to see results.

With the current lineup+ division I bet Florida is looking at a pretty good pick for draft and will stay to my thought that 22-23 is the season we could see a big lift on Floridaa game. When Barkov is UFA and 27

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

There’s hope for Florida, but that hope isn’t seen as well in the NHL this year.

Zito seems like a smart Gm but from the situation he entered it’s really going to take a couple years to see results.

With the current lineup+ division I bet Florida is looking at a pretty good pick for draft and will stay to my thought that 22-23 is the season we could see a big lift on Floridaa game. When Barkov is UFA and 27

What? This division isn't that tough. And Barkov's line looked good last night. He should have had 3 points, but only finished with 1. I mean it's really too early to declare anything either way, but there's no reason the Panthers can't have success in that division.

Reactions: Laus723

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Barkov on the Avs would make them the clear favourites for the cup imo, Lightning included.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Barkov on the Avs would make them the clear favourites for the cup imo, Lightning included.

MacKinnon on the Panthers would do the same. Doesn’t mean it’s happening, but dream away I guess.

did you watch last night? The started slowly, but got it together in the second. No pre-season doesn’t help things, but all the teams are in the same boat. Have no issues with his line mates atm.

Reactions: G0bias

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
MacKinnon on the Panthers would do the same. Doesn’t mean it’s happening, but dream away I guess.

did you watch last night? The started slowly, but got it together in the second. No pre-season doesn’t help things, but all the teams are in the same boat. Have no issues with his line mates atm.

One is on a cup contender and a top 2 player in the league, the other is on a team that would consider making the playoffs a great season and is 2 years away from leaving for nothing.

Not the same no matter how big of a Panthers fan you are.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Sure start with Byram+Newhook and maybe just maybe Zito listens.
The Avs are already cup contenders, they should only do it if it makes sense for them long-term.

I'm not an Avs fan but i highly doubt 2 years of Barkov is worth Byram...If Barkov is on the market the
Avs just need to be the highest bidder. What team with a prospect similar to Byram do you see being offered for Barkov? Elite teams typically don't have prospects of Byram's potential and bad teams wouldn't move that level of prospect for 2 years of Barkov.

It's the Panthers that risk losing Barkov for nothing ala the Isles with Tavares. They either keep him the next 2 years and try to convince him to re-sign, trade him, or risk losing him for nothing. The longer they wait the less they will get back.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
One is on a cup contender and a top 2 player in the league, the other is on a team that would consider making the playoffs a great season and is 2 years away from leaving for nothing.

Not the same no matter how big of a Panthers fan you are.

lmao, was mostly pointing out that in your mind, “he’s leaving for nothing.” What’re the lottery numbers??

mans you're out of your mind if you think MacKinnon and Barkov centering two lines wouldn’t change the path of any team.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
The Avs are already cup contenders, they should only do it if it makes sense for them long-term.

I'm not an Avs fan but i highly doubt 2 years of Barkov is worth Byram...If Barkov is on the market the
Avs just need to be the highest bidder. What team with a prospect similar to Byram do you see being offered for Barkov? Elite teams typically don't have prospects of Byram's potential and bad teams wouldn't move that level of prospect for 2 years of Barkov.

It's the Panthers that risk losing Barkov for nothing ala the Isles with Tavares. They either keep him the next 2 years and try to convince him to re-sign, trade him, or risk losing him for nothing. The longer they wait the less they will get back.

cant talk to him until after the season is over. Nothing points toward losing him. No need to move him.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
lmao, was mostly pointing out that in your mind, “he’s leaving for nothing.” What’re the lottery numbers??

mans you're out of your mind if you think MacKinnon and Barkov centering two lines wouldn’t change the path of any team.
1. If the Panthers don't re-sign him in 2 years his contract ends and he leaves for nothing...there's nothing predictive about that, it's literally how contracts work

2. Buddy really came into a Barkov trade thread and complained about me suggesting the Avs as a good fit...lmfao

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
cant talk to him until after the season is over. Nothing points toward losing him. No need to move him.

Spoken like every Isles/Jackets fan leading up to Tavares/Panarin leaving...

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
1. If the Panthers don't re-sign him in 2 years his contract ends and he leaves for nothing...there's nothing predictive about that, it's literally how contracts work

2. Buddy really came into a Barkov trade thread and complained about me suggesting the Avs as a good fit...lmfao

Wow never heard this one before. You forgot, "we could just sign him for free in the offseason"

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What? This division isn't that tough. And Barkov's line looked good last night. He should have had 3 points, but only finished with 1. I mean it's really too early to declare anything either way, but there's no reason the Panthers can't have success in that division.

How can you say that?
Neither are anywhere close to proven 1st line guys.
Barkov is a superstar level player and best he got was Duclair

Yes I watched the game, it’s a long season where you need consistency from your players.
Not 1 game against garbage Hawks.

They replaced 2 proven 1st line offensive guys with worse offensive guys.
They’ll be better defensively but that offense scares nobody right now.

Tampa/Dallas/Carolina/Columbus/Nashville.
It’s going to be a helluva fight to get into top4

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Another post by the guy that says he regularly defends the Panthers...:laugh:
I'm glad he doesn't come to our boards as much as they used to.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
How can you say that?

Yes I watched the game, it’s a long season where you need consistency from your players.

I used to like your opinions about the Panthers but your analysis of them has been off for a year now. You act like the Panthers' offense is garbage because we lost Hoff and Dads, but in reality it's not that bad. Yes, it was against the Hawks but the forward lines looked deeper and more well balanced than last year just like I thought they would. Still early, but good signs. Verhaeghe is a good player. He was clearly buried in Tampa's depth, on another team he would have already shown he's a good, skilled forward. He can skate, he has hands, and he has iq. Duclair is what he is, but he can still score at a 25 goal pace easily playing with Barkov. They're not proven 1st line players, but they're good enough and Barkov can make them better than they are. We didn't lose that many goals with the changes we made in the offseason. Tampa and Carolina are the class of the division. After that, it's wide open. Unfortunately for Dallas, this covid thing may have set them back a little. And they were already without Seguin and Bishop. It's not gonna be as easy to make the playoffs as it could have been for them. Columbus looks distracted by the PLD situation. A good team in ordinary circumstances, but not infallible. Their offense also looks terrible. Nashville is a solid team, but so are the Panthers. Their road to the playoffs is easier in this division than it would have been in the regular Atlantic.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

its not a Barkov trade thread, it’s a Barkov speculation thread. You acted like it’s a foregone conclusion, I said it’s not, then you did the whole “roflmao just like Isles and Jackets,” as if every elite guy leaves his team. Uhhhh nope.

They can’t talk to him until after this year. Period. Starting the off-season, we can talk to him. Period. If those talks go nowhere, and we’re at the TDL, THEN I’ll put more weight in this. As of right now, it’s BS speculation...buddy.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
How can you say that?

the Panthers were a one line team the couple years, sometimes the 2nd line added to it, and then there was the 3rd and 4th lines. Boughner constantly had the top line out, wearing them out, and Q did his best to find scoring on the other lines. Yeah they’ve been a high scoring team, but it didn’t come throughout the lineup. Now, the lines are more balanced. There is more depth, and the defense has been repaired.

dreadclaws did a good job explaining things further.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
its not a Barkov trade thread, it’s a Barkov speculation thread. You acted like it’s a foregone conclusion, I said it’s not, then you did the whole “roflmao just like Isles and Jackets,” as if every elite guy leaves his team. Uhhhh nope.

They can’t talk to him until after this year. Period. Starting the off-season, we can talk to him. Period. If those talks go nowhere, and we’re at the TDL, THEN I’ll put more weight in this. As of right now, it’s BS speculation...buddy.

ON THE TRADE FORUM

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Barkov might be traded at the deadline next season, but I can't see Florida moving him unless its 100% clear he won't resign, he is their best player since Bure and any trade where you give away a player like that will be lost.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Barkov to the Avalanche would be ridiculous.

I imagine both Kadri and Newhook would be going back but who or what else?

Risky though to trade Newhook in case Barkov doesn't re-sign. But Florida would want something top notch in return...

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Barkov to the Avalanche would be ridiculous.

I imagine both Kadri and Newhook would be going back but who or what else?

Risky though to trade Newhook in case Barkov doesn't re-sign. But Florida would want something top notch in return...
Take a piece you don't want to trade, then add another. Hint, Newhook isn't it. Panthers don't trade Barkov at this point unless it is a massive overpay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad