LeBrun: Teams checking on Barkov's availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Karlsson was on the last year of his deal and Stone was at the deadline needing a new deal.

Barkov is 25 and has 2 full seasons left on his current sweetheart deal. You are comparing apples to oranges and not even doing a decent job of it.
Stone deal was already in place with an extension.

Karlsson was for one full year, Barkov would be for 1.5 (they're not trading him before the deadline). The extra .5 year is not the difference between Stutzle and what Karlsson got, especially when Karlsson was viewed as the better player

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
If you're trading Barkov, why not consider a reset where you net all the assets you possibly can and reload a la NYR? He's a top C and you don't trade those away to be competitive. Also, if you can send the goalie out with him, that's a big win. That deal is terrible. Maybe not today, but definitely tomorrow.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
What Top 10W are you referring too? And Karlsson asked for a trade with 1yr left and a M-NTC and had only a few destinations he wanted to goto. Not exactly the best scenario for a selling team.

Johansen also asked for a trade - he fetched Set Jones and Johansen is worse than Barkov on every facet
Jones was a stalling D, on a team stacked with D.

No re-building team is going to trade a top prospect for 1.5 years of Barkov and those are the teams with Stutzle level prospects.

Again, can you name me a time a top 3 prospect was traded for whats essentially a rental?

Stone was very arguably a top 10W when traded

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
No, fans of teams think they are getting that much.

History has shown that a prospect like Stutzle is not getting traded for Barkov and if that's what you actually think you'll be massively disappointed

Show me anytime a top 3 prospect in the world was traded for what could be a 1.5 rental? Hell show me anytime a prospect like that was traded at all...
Yeah, totally dude. A young stud top 3 pick like Chris Pronger was never traded for Brendan Shanahan.

Reactions: MaWa and Kid Icarus

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Habs offer Kotkaniemi , Caufield or Guhle, Tatar and 1st 2021.

Only kidding of course , I don't see Barkov being traded , he's too good.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You guys don't even have a past to hold onto so it makes sense you're hoping for a magical trade where you get a player like Stutzle and your good players don't leave

Your insults are worthless.
Barkov is such a great player though.
Larkin is okay but DET could use a Barkov.
Just dont see him going there. At all.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Yeah, totally dude. A young stud top 3 pick like Chris Pronger was never traded for Brendan Shanahan.
Referencing a trade that happened about 20+ years ago and definitely a trade that worked out badly for the team trading Pronger...that's not a good example of why the Sens should move Stuzzle for 2 years of Barkov.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you're trading Barkov, why not consider a reset where you net all the assets you possibly can and reload a la NYR? He's a top C and you don't trade those away to be competitive. Also, if you can send the goalie out with him, that's a big win. That deal is terrible. Maybe not today, but definitely tomorrow.

If you trade Barkov out for a shit load of futures with a rebuild in mind... Bob helps reach the cap floor and also helps for good draft picks! :laugh:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Referencing a trade that happened about 20+ years ago and definitely a trade that worked out badly for the team trading Pronger...that's not a good example of why the Sens should move Stuzzle for 2 years of Barkov.

I think that Florida is the team that would say no here - not Red Wings. Why on earth should Florida trade a bonafide Top10 1C for magic beans?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Keep that memory fresh, the Wings are gonna suck for a looong time.

This time around, Yzerman is not staring with former 1st OA picks like Hedman and Stamkos and in a state with no tax. Lets see if he can hit with stars in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in Detroit. If he does, I'll be impressed.

Same as the Bruins... Stars with their late 1st round pick, 2nd and 3rd rounders. Lets see if they hit again as well. Fluke or genius? :sarcasm:. They seem to be a genius one year with Pasta and then duds the next year with 3 picks in a row and missed Barzal.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Show me anytime a top 3 prospect in the world was traded for what could be a 1.5 rental? Hell show me anytime a prospect like that was traded at all...

Again, can you name me a time a top 3 prospect was traded for whats essentially a rental?

So wait... The only example you could find was one example from 26 years ago from a player with major off-ice issues? Yeah, clearly Barkov is getting Stutzle, it's so obvious!
So wait, you asked for an example and then when you got one, you say it doesn't count? What a shocker! Welcome to the ignore list, slappy.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Please find where anyone said that they should. I'll wait.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So wait, you asked for an example and then when you got one, you say it doesn't count? What a shocker! Welcome to the ignore list, slappy.
I would think the modern era wouldnt need to be specified, nevermind that Pronger had issues with his team. I forgot that this is HF and common sense goes out the window here.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I think that Florida is the team that would say no here - not Red Wings. Why on earth should Florida trade a bonafide Top10 1C for magic beans?
Once again, in a salary cap era when has a team traded a top 3 prospect in the world for 1.5 years of a player?

History has shown us if Barkov os being traded the main piece will be some filler NHL players and prospects like Norris, Holloway, Bjornfoot, etc.

Not franchise potential prospects like Byfield/Stutzle.

Im curious what you think would be enough if Stutzle isnt it?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Once again, in a salary cap era when has a team traded a top 3 prospect in the world for 1.5 years of a player?

History has shown us if Barkov os being traded the main piece will be some filler NHL players and prospects like Norris, Holloway, Bjornfoot, etc.

Not franchise potential prospects like Byfield/Stutzle.

Im curious what you think would be enough if Stutzle isnt it?
Nobody with Barkov's skill level and contract status has been traded in modern history. There is no comparable.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
If we're trading Barkov, we're going into a rebuild. I don't think it's a mystery there.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It's all preference. I prefer Byfield.

6qShYJ0.gif

Reactions: Beezeral

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
This would be such a great fit on the avs and I guess most teams. Kadri, Girard, Newhook, Bannon and a first?

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
Way too much for just one player. Take out Girard and Barron.

Kadri, first, Newhook. That's a big package.
I'd rather give up defensemen than forwards, and it's worth it to the avs to consolidate their talent right now especially for a second line upgrade cause Kadri has a lot of holes in his game and can't drive a line at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad