LeBrun: Teams checking on Barkov's availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Another post by the guy that says he regularly defends the Panthers...:laugh:
I'm glad he doesn't come to our boards as much as they used to.

So you just pick what you read?

Go read the previous post and tell me what’s do bad about them.

But I can only assume you’re a fan who thinks Tallon did fantastic job and there’s absolutely nothing to fix. Cup champs 2021

& Believing in that teams potential from 2022-> is so damm bad

Last edited:

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Take a piece you don't want to trade, then add another. Hint, Newhook isn't it. Panthers don't trade Barkov at this point unless it is a massive overpay.

I'm not an Avs fan, just speculating. I would tend to agree with you, unless he demands out no reason to trade Barkov.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Say Chabot was on the block with two years left, now assume Barkov, Ekblad and Huberdeau are off the board.

Does Tippett and Denisenko get your attention?

Those guys would rank 6th and 7-9th in Senators prospect list. The above I offered, for example, are 2nd and 3rd. They also play much more valuable positions(C and D over 2 wingers).

If you offered Norris+Sanderson++ for chabot then we're talking. Could do much worse.

CBJ adds quite a bit.

naw, this aint it. It doesn't even get Zito to answer the phone.

Fair enough.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Why would Florida trade ekblad? I’m shocked anyone thinks they trading their franchise player barkov
anytime a national media member mentions that teams are calling about a small market team's star, this board is overloaded with fans offering pennies on the dollar and then arguing until they are blue in the face that the chicken shit they offered is actually chicken salad and the small market team would be lucky to take that deal.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
anytime a national media member mentions that teams are calling about a small market team's star, this board is overloaded with fans offering pennies on the dollar and then arguing until they are blue in the face that the chicken shit they offered is actually chicken salad and the small market team would be lucky to take that deal.
Yep! Or that replacing a 100 point player with 3 33 point players is about equivalent value ;)

Reactions: Beezeral

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Barkov is actually available and Florida is looking to rebuild, LA has several pieces that might be attractive for the Panthers. Perhaps something around Byfield + Clague/Grans + Kupari + Grundstrom + LA's first round pick in 21 as a starting point? Two A+ pieces and a few B pieces. LA could eat some salary too if needed, taking back Yandle as well.

Next year, the Kings could run:

Turcotte - Barkov - Carter
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Vilardi - Athanasiou
Wagner - Lizotte - Moore

Bjornfot - Doughty
Yandle - Roy
Anderson - Walker

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If Barkov is actually available and Florida is looking to rebuild, LA has several pieces that might be attractive for the Panthers. Perhaps something around Byfield + Clague/Grans + Kupari + Grundstrom + LA's first round pick in 21 as a starting point? Two A+ pieces and a few B pieces. LA could eat some salary too if needed, taking back Yandle as well.

Wagner - Lizotte - Moore

Bjornfot - Doughty
Yandle - Roy
Anderson - Walker
I don't know if this is a deal that gets it done. But you get credit for putting pieces that actually hurt on the board.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.

Wagner - Lizotte - Moore

Bjornfot - Doughty
Yandle - Roy
Anderson - Walker
I’m not sure what’s happening with Yandle but if I’m Florida he’s not a cap dump, he can still play. (I do believe this) and I wouldn’t want to trade him as a cap dump in a deal where I’m losing my best player/the better player.

I do believe Byfield and the first if a high pick is a starting point, the lack of term is an issue, no Yandle and no term I think maybe one B piece and the above could be enough if they pick is top 5.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Scheiffele for Barkov straight up.

55 is signed long term on a budget deal.

Would be a way to make Laine resign also IMHO.

Think Wheeler would also wae his no move if his bro was traded..

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I dread to hear what the Sens would have to give up to get a 25 year old Barkov to Ottawa.

Not sure if this is good but:

Norris, Formenton, Logan Brown, Brannstrom, 1st, 2nd?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

Panthers get the lesser player. No thanks

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

Well, not longterm, but one more year than Barkov. But I’d actually think long and hard about that.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

Wagner - Lizotte - Moore

Bjornfot - Doughty
Yandle - Roy
Anderson - Walker
Yeah the premise that you put out (ie. if they're trading Barkov they're going into a rebuild), and the pieces that you put out is on the right track. I would definitely want Byfield if we're trading Barkov to LA.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Yeah the premise that you put out (ie. if they're trading Barkov they're going into a rebuild), and the pieces that you put out is on the right track. I would definitely want Byfield if we're trading Barkov to LA.

I think it probably goes without saying (to those lamenting about involving their team's top prospect, like Byfield or Stützle) that any trade for a UFA Barkov would likely include an extension pre-negotiated. I'm obviously not trading all of that for 50 games of Barkov in a rebuild.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I have no idea why Florida would trade Barkov but I'd offer PLD + a ton to grab Barkov. What a player

Reactions: Fro

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
You don’t trade guys like Barkov. They should be going all in to land Dubois to be taken very seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad