LeBrun: Teams checking on Barkov's availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
I actually wanted the avs to trade one of Landeskog or Duchene for Barkov at the draft but the fans were like no you can't trade them for a prospect. But it was clear to me that Barkov was more talented than either of those two guys.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Good call. And at the time they got 3 premium assets

Marco Sturm, Wayne Primeau, and Brad Stuart? Sturm and Stuart were pretty good assets but I wouldn't call it "3 premium assets". Trade was a fantastic one at the time and an absolute steal in hindsight. HFboards constantly overestimates the value of star players only for a GM to come outta nowhere and bag one for a song. We shall see if anything comes of this and what the final value ends up being.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Marco Sturm, Wayne Primeau, and Brad Stuart? Sturm and Stuart were pretty good assets but I wouldn't call it "3 premium assets". Trade was a fantastic one at the time and an absolute steal in hindsight. HFboards constantly overestimates the value of star players only for a GM to come outta nowhere and bag one for a song. We shall see if anything comes of this and what the final value ends up being.
almost positive the guy or gal was being sarcastic.
settle down allstar.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
The rangers are known for winning too right?
Well they have actually won the cup and their team looks way better going forward. They got some amazing prospects and young players.

Edit: also more fans, New York as a city is more popular and they're going to turn into contenders. Also the management believe in the team and will get Barkov a better chance of winning compared to Florida.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
FLA just focuses on re-signing Barkov and waiting for Laine to walk to free agency to join his best buddy
I don’t think it’s going to be a money issue with Barkov. More of a competitive issues. Covid season kind of throws things out of whack which sucks for FLA cause they can extend him in the off season but if they don’t make noise this season how much faith does Barkov have to extend in the off season and expect the team to contend over the next 9 seasons?

Papa044

Aug 2, 2005
Miami, FL
Well they have actually won the cup and their team looks way better going forward. They got some amazing prospects and young players.

Edit: also more fans, New York as a city is more popular and they're going to turn into contenders. Also the management believe in the team and will get Barkov a better chance of winning compared to Florida.

sweet, the rangers won the cup 27 years ago. I'm sure Barkov will factor that into his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad