Dreger: Teams calling on Lehner and Johnson

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I still like Lehner. I still look fondly on him for the B-Sens championship run and his fearsome stare. If Anderson/Condon continue to fall short, I would be okay with the Sens re-acquiring him for cheap. I might be in the minority here though.
Cheap?
Ok, a 1st rd pick. Its what we paid for him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'd think that despite Lehner's issues, him being an impending RFA means Buffalo keeps him. Best to keep some talent around for a retool for next year, and hope his worse play can be remedied with some changes between now and next season. Goalies are like that sometimes

The UFA Johnson should be available. I hope the Oilers trade for him. I know his numbers are bad this season, but he was solid before this

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I'd think that despite Lehner's issues, him being an impending RFA means Buffalo keeps him. Best to keep some talent around for a retool for next year, and hope his worse play can be remedied with some changes between now and next season. Goalies are like that sometimes

The UFA Johnson should be available. I hope the Oilers trade for him. I know his numbers are bad this season, but he was solid before this
Buffalo won't keep Lehner

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Lehner has been fundamentally poor this season. Unless some team thinks they can work him out of whatever stylistic mayhem he's been coached into performing / has decided to do all on his own... good luck.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
buffalo has scored 1 goal in 5 games and they blame lehner lol. Not hasek in his prime would save this team.

I'm still not entirely sure how Edmonton managed to lose to the Sabres, looking totally offensively inept, but put up 8 on Vegas, 7 on Calgary, 6 on the Devils, and 6 on Detroit.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Lehner has been fundamentally poor this season. Unless some team thinks they can work him out of whatever stylistic mayhem he's been coached into performing / has decided to do all on his own... good luck.

He's a positional goalie. If he has a little more talent, then he can be a good back-up, or a Halak.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's a positional goalie. If he has a little more talent, then he can be a good back-up, or a Halak.

Right now he is terrible at holding the post. I've gone from calling it the AHL side to the Lehner side. Gaps the size of small children between his torso and the post are just inexcusably bad positioning.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Yea, I remember about 6 months ago when Buffalo fans were saying Lehner was better than Crawford.

Good times
Who the f*** was saying that? I have never seen that thought expressed on the Sabres board. They be laughed right out of the forum.

Lehner will bring in a third and a stop gap goaltender.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Who the **** was saying that? I have never seen that thought expressed on the Sabres board. They be laughed right out of the forum.

Cant remember who is w
Who the **** was saying that? I have never seen that thought expressed on the Sabres board. They be laughed right out of the forum.

I forgot who it was but the basic gist was lehner is already as good as Crawford, he's a better 5v5 goalie, Crawford is overrated because of the teams that played in front of him, lehner is younger with more upside and hasn't peaked yet, and when you factor that in with contract, lehner is better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad