Dreger: Teams calling on Lehner and Johnson

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
No interest in gettng a contract dump back. Picks please.
Slepy wouldn't be a cap dump.

He's 23 years old, decent size and speed. At the very least a good bottom 6 player. I'd rather wait and give him more time but the Oilers need a goalie desperately right now.

I can understand if the value isn't there but he isn't a dump.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Slepyshev is def not a cap dump. He's a really solid hard working RW. Has a great shot and is speedy. His contract expires at the end of this year.

Don't listen to him. Sabres are in the market for any player who doesn't have losing ingrained into their mind, even if only for a year. Neither of these goalies will be a Sabre after this year anyway.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
It would behoove Buffalo to try to fix their starter situation by next season. Lehner is a rebound machine.

Rebounds aren't even that bad. He can't stop a clean shot 1 on 1 and gets confused way too easily anytime the puck is behind the net. He's a fine 5 on 5 goalie, not great but serviceable, but when shootouts carry so much weight and you can't stop anyone on a breakaway you shouldn't be a starter.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
No one has mentioned NYI.

Both Halak and Greiss have not done very well. Neither is really a true #1. I think Lehner would be an upgrade over both of them.

If Buffalo wants a G back as part of the deal, I'm sure NYI will be fine with sending them Halak or Greiss really.

NYI has the 1st wild card spot right now. If they can upgrade their G, it could definitely help them solidify that playoff spot.

Thoughts?

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Why do Sabres fans not like Lehner, his stats the last couple of years seem fine.

Because he's a f***ing choker who consistently chokes with the game on the line. It's a soul crushing tendency of his that doesn't show up looking at GAA or SV%.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Goalie or not the Sabres aren't winning games any time soon. Might as well recoup some assets while you can.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Indeed. Not much of a choice between an all star and a guy with 2 points on the year especially Since they're the same age
The only difference between the two is that Slepy can play in the AHL. Their output right now at the NHL level is about the same though. I'd even give Slepy the edge.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Well, with us just picking up Davidson, LB looking terrible and now being at 49 contracts, Chia has some moves to make and a backup goaltender is 1st on the list. We have the cap space this year so use it. Anyone would be an upgrade on LB at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad