Dreger: Teams calling on Lehner and Johnson

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Why did Johnson sign in Buffalo to begin with? You'd think he'd go somewhere where he had a shot at being a #1. Then again, Lehner kinda sucks. Just seems like a poor decision on Johnsons part.

Likely because he thought Lehner was a vulnerable starter, especially with the GM who gave up a 1st for him out of Buffalo. I think Chad thought he'd have a real chance to displace Lehner. He probably did earlier this season, but he played even worse than Lehner in the first 1/3 of the season.

Reactions: struckbyaparkedcar

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I am about 99% sure I have seen you trashing Lehner in other threads but I guess your opinion changes to suit your narrative.

Why would I trash Lehner? Buffalo is irrelevant. I also picked him up in a fantasy draft this year because I thought he’d be a sleeper. Seems like you have the narrative here

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Teams starting to get seriously interes5ed in Lehner. There's a reason Bots signed him to a 1 yr deal.

Calling it now, Lehner is moved before the new year.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Why did Johnson sign in Buffalo to begin with? You'd think he'd go somewhere where he had a shot at being a #1. Then again, Lehner kinda sucks. Just seems like a poor decision on Johnsons part.

First of all, Johnson is not nearly good enough to be a number one unless it's on a lousy team (like Buffalo) and he signed in Buffalo because the goaltender that he'd be sharing the crease with was rather dubious, thus giving Johnson a shot. So you are saying "you'd think he'd go somewhere where he had a shot at being #1." I think he did exactly that.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Johnson is decent except for one fatal flaw which makes him useless....He cant stop anything on his glove hand.
I dont know why anybody would want him unless it's free

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
First of all, Johnson is not nearly good enough to be a number one unless it's on a lousy team (like Buffalo) and he signed in Buffalo because the goaltender that he'd be sharing the crease with was rather dubious, thus giving Johnson a shot. So you are saying "you'd think he'd go somewhere where he had a shot at being #1." I think he did exactly that.
Ah yes, the hindsight poster. Always willing to put in their two cents well afterwards. It was pretty clear last summer that Lehner was the #1. Had Lehner lived up to the hype he's easily a #1. Johnson could be a #1 under the right circumstances i.e a team with no clear cut #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad