WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Without the injuries I still think Pettersson would've been 13th forward next game, and Gustafsson 7th D.

What sucks is that we only have six healthy defensemen left. There are some serious TOI loggers in that group but still doesn't hurt to have one extra on the bench.

Can't see anything else than:
Rakell-Zibanejad-Janmark
Arvidsson-Kempe-Forsberg
Nyquist-Backlund-Hörnqvist
DLR-Larsson-Pääjärvi
Everberg

Andersson only one to eat popcorn.

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Rakell - Ziban - Janmark
Hornqvist - Backlund - Nyqvist
Forsberg - Kempe - Arvidsson
Paajarvi - Larsson - Andersson
De La Rose / Everberg

(4th line is a wash, I haven't paid that much attention to the lower lines)

This gives us a "Penguins-3rd-line" which can destroy you while you focus on the top lines.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I have zero worries about D going forward. This is easily the best D core in the WHC. Now we have 5 excellent D on the roster, and honestly they should run those guys as much as possible going forward. Give wikstrand a shift here and there, but otherwise put Ekholm in and double shift one of the 5 now and again.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Rakell - Ziban - Janmark
Hornqvist - Backlund - Nyqvist
Paajarvi - Larsson - Andersson
De La Rose / Everberg

(4th line is a wash, I haven't paid that much attention to the lower lines)

This gives us a "Penguins-3rd-line" which can destroy you while you focus on the top lines.
DLR replacing Larsson is what I'd want(more offensive upside), but most likely we'll see the MPS-Larsson-DLR line kept together, and the 13th forward rolled with them from time to time.

Can't wait for Arvi to get his sticks, he's going to be so friggin fun to watxh.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
All of the 5 NHL d-men are used to playing alot and they probably play better if they get more ice time anyway. The injury to Pettersson is unfortunate, I think he's played better these last couple of games, but that makes the line decisions easier. The injury to Gustafsson is not fun of course, but he would probably be in the stands anyway.

Start Hellberg vs Russia and we have 3 very dangerous 200 ft lines and 2½ D-pairings that are world class.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
All of the 5 NHL d-men are used to playing alot and they probably play better if they get more ice time anyway. The injury to Pettersson is unfortunate, I think he's played better these last couple of games, but that makes the line decisions easier. The injury to Gustafsson is not fun of course, but he would probably be in the stands anyway.

Start Hellberg vs Russia and we have 3 very dangerous 200 ft lines and 2½ D-pairings that are world class.

Yeah, Pettersson did a great job today. He'd have deserved the goal on that breakaway. Very unfortunate that he's out now.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
These 5 D's should be in the on the ice as much as possible. Unless Wikstrand has some kind of break through I don't want to see him more than 10 mins per game. The others can easily share the load of > 110 mins per game between them.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lindholm - Klingberg
OEL - Ekholm
Larsson - Wikstrand

No, Ekholm should not be buried on 3rd pairing, Ekholm is a world class defender, Adam Larsson is good but 2 steps behind Ekholm. Ekholm can gain chemistry fast with OEL if he dont even already have it, they probaly played togeheter before.

Rakell - Zibanejad - Janmark
Nyquist - Backlund - Hörnqvist
JDLR - Larsson - Pääjärvi

Such a shame that Elias got injured, he was really good against Slovakia and Swiss.

Do you guys think that Joakim Lindström - Pär Lindholm - Oscar Möller or Linus Klasen - Patrik Zackrisson - Fredrik Pettersson would be better 4th line than what we have now?

Mauler

Dec 19, 2015
Will there be replacements for Pettersson and Gustafsson? I mean they can call Sörensen or The Melkman for example

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Will there be replacements for Pettersson and Gustafsson? I mean they can call Sörensen or The Melkman for example

They can call them but they won't be able to play. de la Rose seventh defenseman and Lias Andersson 13th forward.

Pääjärvi - Larsson - Everberg
Nyquist - Mickis - Hörntand
Flipper - Kempe - Arvid
Janmark - Z-Bad - Rakell

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
You could probably compile a pretty sick highlight reel from Rakell using only clips from this tournament. He's been unreal.

Reactions: felixpettersson

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Do you guys think that Joakim Lindström - Pär Lindholm - Oscar Möller or Linus Klasen - Patrik Zackrisson - Fredrik Pettersson would be better 4th line than what we have now?

No, I don't. People think 4th line NHL plugs suck, but they would be top line material in any other league not named the NHL.

Reactions: haveandare

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
No, I don't. People think 4th line NHL plugs suck, but they would be top line material in any other league not named the NHL.

jacob de la rose? no way. he cant even produce points in ahl. he would get 25-30 points in shl.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
probaly hockey canada have something to do with it, they always do this stuff against sweden, its so silly.

While I'm the first to accuse Canada of always trying to gain unfair advantage, this is a bit too tinfoil even for me. Besides, it's stuck inte Chicago not Toronto going from Nashville. Doubt even Hockey Canada has enough influence to bribe/threaten O'Hare personnel to accidentally on purpose delay Ekholm's sticks. More likely, O'Hare is a nightmare to transit people and luggage through.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
mittmedia.se reporting someone talking with Ekholm (maybe their own reporter, not sure though):
Now he could get to play with Wikstrand, which would mean that the duo, both from the small club IK Ore, would continue the path towards the WHC gold medal together.

– It would be great to play with Wikstrand. I have known him since he was like 6 or 7 years old and that we would be here 20 years later is pretty incredible. I have always known that Wikstrand is a great talent and this is obviously huge for IK Ore. It is a club that most don't know about, but having two players in the WHC is really big. I haven't played that much with Micke, but we had more or less the same journey career wise, says Ekholm.

I hope this happens against Russia and that Gronborg doesn't break up the pairs that are already working and playing great. No one will be buried anywhere, Ekholm will get comparable minutes to the other big 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad