WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
hmmm, why did i put ekholm on 3rd pairing and why do many others do they same ?

ekholm IS better than adam larsson . would be foolish to waste ekholm on 3rd pairing .

adam larsson would be perfect with erik gustafsson btw .

lindholm - klingberg
oel - ekholm
gustafsson - adam

Larsson is in better form than Lindholm and both are on the team to provide stability to a more offensive partner.

So:
Ekholm-Klingberg
OEL-Larsson
Lindholm-Gustafsson

I rate Ekholm as the second best defenseman on this team right now. I only hold Klingberg higher. But it's good to have them all.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Lots of talk about the Nashville guys but I saw something about Hörnqvist flying today already. So in that case he could be playing tomorrow and I would make Arvy-Kempe-Hörnqvist a line if that happens.

Reactions: Matte99

LEW

May 13, 2018
Hornqvist has just confirmed his contribution in WC: Patric Hörnqvist till VM i Danmark
My linups could be like this:
Arvidsson-Forsberg-Hornqvist
Rakell-Zibanejad-Janmark
Kempe-Backlund-Nyqvist
De la Rose-J.Larsson-Everberg - as checking line

Klingberg-Ekholm
OEL-Lindholm
A.Larsson-Gustafsson

Hellberg
Nilsson

It could be ready for defending GM last season:)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Larsson is in better form than Lindholm and both are on the team to provide stability to a more offensive partner.

So:
Ekholm-Klingberg
OEL-Larsson
Lindholm-Gustafsson

I rate Ekholm as the second best defenseman on this team right now. I only hold Klingberg higher. But it's good to have them all.

I would not touch the top 4 on defense this late in the tournament. A big part of defense is chemistry and trust.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I would not touch the top 4 on defense this late in the tournament. A big part of defense is chemistry and trust.
OEL Larsson has been the best pair so far and Larsson probably the best D overall. They have been excellent EV, so I wouldn't touch that. Lindholm or Ekholm on the 2nd pair is a wash, but seeing as Lindholm and Klingberg have played together so far I'd leave them as well..

Ekholm will make a huge difference though, his presence creates a 3rd pair which can play big minutes and also a D who can jump in a take shifts instead of OEL/Lindholm if necessary (after PP for example).

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
I dont like it when a coach sends players home that won all the previous games just for an improvement on paper. The tournament is almost over and now the NHLers wanna play?...

Reactions: nickeleyegoldopin

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I dont like it when a coach sends players home that won all the previous games just for an improvement on paper. The tournament is almost over and now the NHLers wanna play?...
What? All the players being sent home haven't played in the tournament at all, and the NHLers coming over(Nashville trio & Hörnqvist) are first now able to play. Just like Bäckström & Lindberg last year.

Reactions: alexpj

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Pilut, Almqvist, Norman and Klingberg haven’t even played. What are you talking about?

He’s not going to send players that are registered home.

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
We are trashskating the switzerlandians!

With injuies and sickness: (and no fog)

Janmark - Zibanejad - Rakell
Forsberg - de la Rose - Arvidsson
Kempe - Backlund - Hörnqvist
Pääjärvi - Larsson - Everberg
Andersson

Lindholm Klingberg
Ekman Larsson Larsson
Ekholm Wikstrand

Nilsson
Hellberg

Status