WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I think it has been the best pair so far, maybe in the tournament. They have let in 1 EV goal in the entire tournament iirc. That being said I think Lindholm-Klingberg have also been excellent. I really cannot say anything bad about either pair.

Great stuff, hope it continues. Because now push will come to shove in a big way with Russia, Canada, etc. No more blueberry nations, and if the D's performance go south from here on it won't matter one bit that they played excellent the first part of the tournament. That is the defining moment for this team.
Yeah they’ve been great.

It really doesn’t matter who you put with Wikstrand right now all the defensemen on the roster except for him are used to big time minutes in the NHL.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Ros
3 plus: OEL, Ekholm, Larsson, Lindholm, Wikstrand
4 plus: Klingberg

What?...

Again I thought this was an excellent game by the D and GK, but gun to my head I put 3 plus on Klingberg (thought he struggled a bit on the D side) and Wikstrand, and 4 plus on the rest of them.

Reactions: theslatcher and JFG

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I only saw the second half, but Forsberg had several good defensive plays and some good hits. I'm sure he will get rolling offensively with this game under his belt. Latvia should be a good starting point.

My instinct tells me Forsberg - Backlund - Arvidsson are more suited for each other though, and Kempe with the quists.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Quick notes:
- Impressive win, both teams played well.
- Ekholm must play a lot in upcoming games, what a horse.
- Zibanejad is usually not this good right?
- Forsberg line needs more IQ. Too bad we don't have better center options.
- Would like to see more shots from Rakell line.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Ros

What?...

Again I thought this was an excellent game by the D and GK, but gun to my head I put 3 plus on Klingberg (thought he struggled a bit on the D side) and Wikstrand, and 4 plus on the rest of them.

Thought Klingberg struggled quite a bit this game.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
It's interesting that what this team lacks is what traditionally has been our biggest strength -- skilled playmaking two-way centremen.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Ros

What?...

Did Ros drink while watching the game? Klingberg was not our best D this game.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Quick notes:
- Impressive win, both teams played well.
- Ekholm must play a lot in upcoming games, what a horse.
- Zibanejad is usually not this good right?
- Forsberg line needs more IQ. Too bad we don't have better center options.
- Would like to see more shots from Rakell line.

I like to add that we should setup our D for more shots. Forwards often kept cycling the puck looking for the perfect pass. As you say, either shoot more from forwards or let defense take more shots.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I must be the only one unimpressed with kempe. Not sure what everyone sees in him. Might as well play Lias Andersson on his place.
I think that’s what the post you quoted meant; that Kempe has been unimpressive. He’s struggled for sure. The problem is Sweden not having enough natural centers with any offensive talent, because you can’t really have Larsson, DLRor Lias (not ready yet) center Forsberg and Arvidsson and expect them to be effective. Therefore you go with Kempe who actually is offensively talented but lacks smarts and/or experience to be an effective center right now. It’s a bit of a gamble but it’s better to try and jumpstart him as a center with two really good wingers and that way get three good lines than just kinda wasting it. Because I have a hard time seeing Nyquist and Hörnqvist getting him going since they’re not as dynamic.

Reactions: Retroglyphs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad