WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The champions! With no NHLers in Olympics i think this tournament will be very good, alot of NHLers. The fact that it is played in Denmark is good for Sweden.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think you'll be adding Zibanejad and Lundqvist. It would be cool if Jesper Fast got a chance, also. He's better than Hagelin.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
looking at current nhl-standings:

Steen - Wennberg - E.Pettersson
Fast - Rask - Lindholm
V.Olofsson - Zibanejad - Nyquist
Nygård - Backlund - Lundh

Edler - Karlsson
OEL - Hjalmarsson
Klefbom - Larsson

Lundqvist
Lehner
Markstrom

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
EP was snubbed for the National team in a tournament w. No NHLers. What makes you think Sweden will do a 180 and choose him for WC when nhlers are available??

Here is the list of Swedish NHL forwards:
Eliteprospects.com - NHL Stats 2017-2018

You will notice that pretty much all players in the top 30 won't go to the WC due to playoffs/age, with a couple of exceptions. Players below the top 30 are hardly upgrades over what we already have in Europe. Also factor in that a lot of olympians will decline. Pettersson probably has a better chance of making this team than the Olympic team given how his season has progressed, this time he will also get the opportunity to showcase himself at a WC camp.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
EP was snubbed for the National team in a tournament w. No NHLers. What makes you think Sweden will do a 180 and choose him for WC when nhlers are available??
Because he just won the SHL scoring title as a 19 year old, has the most points among U20 players for that league (a feat that hasn't been reached in nearly 40 years and probably not likely again for some time), and he also played in the World Juniors a month before that. Many were actually confused and thought he should've been on that roster.

Also, he's 19 years old, and has a whole career ahead of them. The others, that might've been their one and only chance.

Reactions: cg98

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Here is the list of Swedish NHL forwards:
Eliteprospects.com - NHL Stats 2017-2018

You will notice that pretty much all players in the top 30 won't go to the WC due to playoffs/age, with a couple of exceptions. Players below the top 30 are hardly upgrades over what we already have in Europe. Also factor in that a lot of olympians will decline. Pettersson probably has a better chance of making this team than the Olympic team given how his season has progressed, this time he will also get the opportunity to showcase himself at a WC camp.

the wc camp is 4 games against denmark and slovakia and 2 euro hockey tour tournaments. i would like to see young fresh players tried in wc camp/euro hockey tour...could you imagine how pointless and boring it would be with möller, lindström, sjögren, axelsson, lundqvist, kronwall, erik gustafsson etc? This is what it should look like:

Dahlen - P.Lindholm - E.Pettersson
V.Olofsson - Ejdsell - E.Larsson
Grundström - Händemark - N.Sörensen
Nygård - L.Johansson - Lundh

Martinsson - Dahlin
Pilut - J.Persson
Djuse - N.Andersson

Reidenborn

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
the wc camp is 4 games against denmark and slovakia and 2 euro hockey tour tournaments. i would like to see young fresh players tried in wc camp/euro hockey tour...could you imagine how pointless and boring it would be with möller, lindström, sjögren, axelsson, lundqvist, kronwall, erik gustafsson etc? This is what it should look like:

Dahlen - P.Lindholm - E.Pettersson
V.Olofsson - Ejdsell - E.Larsson
Grundström - Händemark - N.Sörensen
Nygård - L.Johansson - Lundh

Martinsson - Dahlin
Pilut - J.Persson
Djuse - N.Andersson

Reidenborn
Does Dahlen have a realistic chance of making it?

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Let's just send a U21 team to make up for the Olympic dinasaurs of Sweden.

Sprinkle a few stars like Karlsson or Lunkan, although I don't think they would want to go.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I'd like to see Tedenby get a chance. Maybe not the most effective guy but the Olympic team really lacked that type of player.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
If one shall give Grönborg credit for something it is making NHL player say yes to WHC, but I still do not think Karlsson, Zetterberg or sedins will be there, they have a habbit of saying no. I have Pettersson on the team, I know it is unlikely, but I personally would still have him on the team with current available players.

Only based on teams that are not playoff teams right now.

Silfverberg - Backlund - Rakell
Fast - Zibanejad - Lindholm
Omark - J Larsson - Nyquist
Berglund - Rask - Pettersson
Åberg

OEL - Larsson
Klefbom - Lindholm
Hjalmarsson - Edler

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I'd like to see Tedenby get a chance. Maybe not the most effective guy but the Olympic team really lacked that type of player.

Yeah I kind of agree, but we have those type of players in NHL (that are not in a playoff team right now), like Åberg, Rakell, Fast, they are fairly similar, but better.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If one shall give Grönborg credit for something it is making NHL player say yes to WHC, but I still do not think Karlsson, Zetterberg or sedins will be there, they have a habbit of saying no. I have Pettersson on the team, I know it is unlikely, but I personally would still have him on the team with current available players.

Only based on teams that are not playoff teams right now.

Silfverberg - Backlund - Rakell
Fast - Zibanejad - Lindholm
Omark - J Larsson - Nyquist
Berglund - Rask - Pettersson
Åberg

OEL - Larsson
Klefbom - Lindholm
Hjalmarsson - Edler

no need for omark, he never produce against top-nations. why johan larsson?

perhaps steen wants to play.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Omark was by far our best player in olympics, is easily our best player outside NHL.

Olympics is not same quality like WC.

And yes he is, but he never produces against top-nations in WC, why would he do it this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad