WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Id take Stralman above Larsson for sure.

Hedman - OEL
Karlsson - Stralman
Edler - Ekholm
Klingberg

Is how I would do it, unless Dahlin goes on a rampage of course.

I would absolutely not. The Larsson-OEL pairing is a match made in heaven. Heck, Larsson was way better this year than Hedman was last year, no way you leave him off. Klingberg is not the 7th D and replace Edler with Lindholm.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Would not mind Grönborg staying if he continued to coach this way. He was way more active during the games than in previous tournaments. Wish him good luck with the Rangers (if true).

Now let's hope they don't replace him with one of the old dinosaurs.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I would absolutely not. The Larsson-OEL pairing is a match made in heaven. Heck, Larsson was way better this year than Hedman was last year, no way you leave him off. Klingberg is not the 7th D and replace Edler with Lindholm.

Well in a vacuum no obviously but I was taking, percieved obviously, team syngery and roles into the equation. For example Klingberg might be the 3rd best swedish defender at the moment but to put it blunt Karlsson is just a better version of him.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Just running points regular season gives a top 11 (take away Kronwall for age, to get a top 10) which I can live with each one of them on the national team. ?/- is not the best stat. But it is remarkable that Hedman got #2 in points and #1 in +/-. #2 in ToI too.

On Edler. Just looking at stats is a bit unfair to Edler though. He is not only on a team in current decline, VAN also got very little to show for in the category of D. His pairing has not always been Tanev and then it is just bad no matter what. Being an offensive minded D man with a lousy pairing makes things with your +/-. Still even with that considered he is currently not better than being placed in a heap of other D-men as a possible 7th man. It feels good rambling about D as a Swedish fan.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Do you guys believe that Adam Larsson can make the Sweden's Olympic team?

OEL-Larsson was a very good pairing for Sweden

I think so, he had a convincing performance in Denmark, thats for sure. We need people that can hit, not too many of that without him.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
For the Olympics
Based on my personal preferences and this tournament, I'd roll with:
Hedman - Karlsson (the few times they played together I have really liked this pair)
OEL - Larsson
Lindholm - Klingberg
Ekholm

Edit: the order of 2nd/3rd pair is not really important, Lindholm Klingberg could be 2nd and OEL 3rd.

I love what Larsson brings to the table and loved his play this tournament so I would leave that pair as it was. However I obviously fully understand why some would put Ekholm in his place.

There are 4 years left to the Olympics though.
Hedman, Karlsson and Ekholm will all be 31 years old.
Larsson and Klingberg will be 29 years old.
Lindholm will be 28 years old.

Klefbom and Brodin will also be in their primes as well at 28 years old.

Of course none of these guys will be too old, but I have a hard time seeing either of Edler or Stralman, who both will be 35 years old, make it with this competition.

Seeing how the progression of D men and the game has been these last years (going younger/faster) I would also not be at all surprised if the 2022 Olympic team includes at least 2 players under the age of 25, i.e. none of the above. That said it is definitely true that all mentioned above make up a helluva group and they could very well make up the entire D core in the Olympics.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad