WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster part II

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Soo much this I’ve been saying this since they started forming the lines its so obvious. Yet Grönborg is oblivious to the fact that a fast, dumb, strong and skilled player is better suited for the bottom six than a smart, fast and skilled player is.
He tried this last year too, having Kempe with mini-Foppa & RV, turned out DLR was a better top-6 C than Kempe.

Also, PP1 is just dumb.

Reactions: EK47

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
OK. We need one more physical player (Landeskog). Söderberg can replace Bratt as well who has not convinced so far. Lindholm is saving energy and Lindblom is on the rise. A.Kempe is better used to stir it up. Only thing Marcus Pettersson needs to do now is hand over the puck to Klingberg. Easy.

Landeskog - Pettersson - Nylander
Lindblom - Wennberg - Lindholm
A.Kempe - Lander - Eriksson
M.Kempe - Kruger - Hörnqvist
Rasmussen - Bratt

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
OK. We need one more physical player (Landeskog). Söderberg can replace Bratt as well who has not convinced so far. Lindholm is saving energy and Lindblom is on the rise. A.Kempe is better used to stir it up. Only thing Marcus Pettersson needs to do now is hand over the puck to Klingberg. Easy.

Landeskog - Pettersson - Lindholm
Lindblom - Wennberg - Nylander
A.Kempe - Lander - Eriksson
M.Kempe - Kruger - Hörnqvist
Rasmussen - Bratt

Bratt needs to be higher in the lineup than that

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Playing this shaky in the start of the tournament isn't a big deal, they have tons of room to improve. If Grönborg can find combinations that make sense and get rid of the last D pairing, we'll play alot better. When we've settled in with Wennberg and Klingberg, we have at least two good lines and D-pairings. Against the Czechs, we only had one good line and 1/½ D pairing.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I don't wanna see Kempe try to center a top - 6 line ever again. Soooo many plays died on his stick. I'm drunk af atm but I truly mean it, seeing him trying to make plays made me uncomfortable.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I don't wanna see Kempe try to center a top - 6 line ever again. Soooo many plays died on his stick. I'm drunk af atm but I truly mean it, seeing him trying to make plays made me uncomfortable.
He doesnt look improved from last year.

Söderberg declines, landeskog next?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Bratt needs to be higher in the lineup than that

Sorry, but he has been invisible... also worried about Nylander. They were not even speedy. Did not win a battle.

PS. Did it sound on Mika Z yesterday that he rather had Kakko on his team than Hughes?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Sorry, but he has been invisible... also worried about Nylander. They were not even speedy. Did not win a battle.

PS. Did it sound on Mika Z yesterday that he rather had Kakko on his team than Hughes?

Well the alternative is playing someone like Kempe or Eriksson on line 1/2, which hasn't worked well either. Bratt was invisible because he played with absolute garbage, he excelles with skilled players around him.

It sounded like Mika said Kakko is better than Hughes yes, as a Rangers fan I am not sure who I would rather have on my team to be honest. Probably Hughes, his potential is seemingly higher.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Markström in full practice today. Should start the next game atleast.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The 3rd pairing had huge issues with D-zone exits. Especially on their off side as both are lefties. Whoever Klingberg replaces, that's gonna make a big difference and give us three strong pairings. The other lefties are all so skilled that it doesn't matter.

I don't see the panic, there's a lot of games now to work with before the games start to matter, but we need a lot more from Nylander and Lindholm. All in all we lost because they worked harder and protected their net a lot better.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Lets hope markstrom does a few great games so he has a chance to start in a quarterfinal. He single handily stole several games for canucks this season.

No offense to king lundqvist but he is 38 years old and on decline.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lets hope markstrom does a few great games so he has a chance to start in a quarterfinal. He single handily stole several games for canucks this season.

No offense to king lundqvist but he is 38 years old and on decline.
As somebody who had to watch Hank drag the Rags to OT against Vegas(including 2 consecutive big saves against Karlsson) he still has it in him if he's motivated.

Landeskog we'll probably find out about around 7.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
As somebody who had to watch Hank drag the Rags to OT against Vegas(including 2 consecutive big saves against Karlsson) he still has it in him if he's motivated.

Landeskog we'll probably find out about around 7.
I think this is it right? I doubt they wait for soemome like wallmark or nyquist late in the tournament.

Johansson is also playing, but boston looks strong this year.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think this is it right? I doubt they wait for soemome like wallmark or nyquist late in the tournament.

Johansson is also playing, but boston looks strong this year.
Only Wallmark, Nordström, Steen, Gunnarsson, & M.Karlsson out of those left in the playoffs have contracts. Wallmark's the only one worth considering imo.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
a.kempe needs to be in top 6.. he is great. also time to bench m.pettersson, give holm the chance.
I couldn't disagree more at the moment. Kempe is nowhere close to a suitable top 6 center if you want to be successful as a top contender. And you don't scratch Pettersson, you scratch f***ing Hägg. It's up to Pettersson and Hägg to battle for who sucks the least right now. I concur both of them were really bad, but I would start with getting rid of Hägg, 100%. He's been awful in his season and he's been awful in every game he's played. Turnovers, penalties, goals against, lost positions, you name it. Not that I say Pettersson has been much better.

We should just go with 5 D if none of them can prove they can play at this level.

I would also like to hear the explanation from Grönborg why he plays both Hörnqvist and Eriksson on PP1. WHY? Does he expect alot of board battles? Does he expect a need for... I have no clue what his thinking is. It baffles me. Put one of them on each PP FFS. They're both crease guys, so why?

I thought Hörnqvist - Pettersson - Nylander would create more, but it's only one game. I would give them more time before splitting them up. As for the other lines, they're crap. I would even be open for putting Bratt in Hörnqvist's place on the 1st line, he's more mobile, but just as hard of a worker as Hörnqvist.

There's no reason to give Enroth a game, except against one of the lower teams, just to show your appreciation towards his loyalty. Play Lundqvist all the way until Markström is ready, then give him a couple of games. I still hold my bet on that Markström is a better #1 goalie than Lundqvist at this point.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes