WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster part II

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Happy for the Swedes that Klingberg saves them from Hägg on the 3rd paring.
Defense now back in god mode, but offense remains a surprise bag. The enthusiasm about the arrival of a player like Wennberg makes it look a bit like they were Team Norway or Team Austria... but let's see, maybe he'll blossom.

Where did you see all that enthusiasm about Wennberg? There was none. We're hoping for Landeskog and Söderberg. Janmark "meh".

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Okay, delighted to hear you are a realist; I meant @Chimp 's enthusiasm.
I'm not exactly bringing out the party music, but I'm happy about his arrival. He's a guy that usually plays very well on big ice and fits perfectly in Sweden's team strategy. Strong on his skates, good passer and good defensively. That he's in Tort's dog house doesn't say much. Tortorella is the opposite of Swedish hockey. Heck, he even made Zuccarello question if he could play in the NHL. William Karlsson also went from Tort's dog house into a legit 1st line player. So...

Wennberg's an upgrade over Kempe or whoever on the 2nd line, that's for damn sure. I'm not expecting him to remain a PPG player (as he currently is), but he'll do his job; be defensively responsible, distribute the puck and remain mobile. I think he'll be a good fit with Lindholm.

Landeskog arriving or not isn't a big deal for me. He usually struggles to produce for the national team on big ice. I know he's a big name player, but he's more effective on small ice. Klingberg arriving on the other hand, that really makes me excited. He's always been great for the national team.

I'm not saying Sweden's offense is A+, it's the weakest team component, but it should be good enough.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Maria Roth is not the best TV expert verbally inept and very simplistic yet dopey at the same time in her analytical approach.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I'm not exactly bringing out the party music, but I'm happy about his arrival. He's a guy that usually plays very well on big ice and fits perfectly in Sweden's team strategy. Strong on his skates, good passer and good defensively. That he's in Tort's dog house doesn't say much. Tortorella is the opposite of Swedish hockey. Heck, he even made Zuccarello question if he could play in the NHL. William Karlsson also went from Tort's dog house into a legit 1st line player. So...

Wennberg's an upgrade over Kempe or whoever on the 2nd line, that's for damn sure. I'm not expecting him to remain a PPG player (as he currently is), but he'll do his job; be defensively responsible, distribute the puck and remain mobile. I think he'll be a good fit with Lindholm.

Landeskog arriving or not isn't a big deal for me. He usually struggles to produce for the national team on big ice. I know he's a big name player, but he's more effective on small ice. Klingberg arriving on the other hand, that really makes me excited. He's always been great for the national team.

I'm not saying Sweden's offense is A+, it's the weakest team component, but it should be good enough.

Certainly agree on Wennberg, he will most likely be far ahead of Kempe

allroundfan

Dec 29, 2011
Sweden
Not seeing much of a game plan or chemistry, and very few good scoring chances. A lot to work on there. At least they seem to give a crap which is encouraging and I'm not as negative towards them roughing it up a little as the commentators. My hope is they can improve at least a little bit against Italy. Lots of games left to get better.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Honestly I know this is kinda weak but M.Kempe, Lander, Krüger and Eriksson killed us today they just couldn’t keep up.
We need to be done with role players.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Honestly I know this is kinda weak but M.Kempe, Lander, Krüger and Eriksson killed us today they just couldn’t keep up.

Don't forget about Hägg and Marcus Pettersson. Lander was actually not that bad.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
And if I’m being completely honest Ekholm wasnt at his best and couldnt keep his calm(neither could I haven’t been this pissed at hockey since 2016), OEL and Larsson mistimed everything as soon as they were under pressure. Someone needs to call them out.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
And if I’m being completely honest Ekholm wasnt at his best and couldnt keep his calm(neither could I haven’t been this pissed at hockey since 2016), OEL and Larsson mistimed everything as soon as they were under pressure. Someone needs to call them out.
OEL had some horrible give aways but svt raved about him all the time :/

Gustafsson was our best D.

Reactions: EK47

allroundfan

Dec 29, 2011
Sweden
Loui Eriksson wearing the iconic nr 21 is slap in the face after his disappearing act.

Well apparently he is super duper defensively and in front of the net...

I have to give it to him though, he showed more effort today than most of the season. But we have three lines out there which were mostly invisible so I will keep my hope up that he can show up together with the rest of the team any day now.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Adrain Kempe has all the skill in the world, but his poor IQ...

Why on earth Lindholm isn't centering that line with Bratt on the wing is a mystery.
Soo much this I’ve been saying this since they started forming the lines its so obvious. Yet Grönborg is oblivious to the fact that a fast, dumb, strong and skilled player is better suited for the bottom six than a smart, fast and skilled player is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad