WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster part II

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
I’m seriously worried that we wont make the quarters with this coaching. Latvia and Switzerland aren’t kidding around.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I’m seriously worried that we wont make the quarters with this coaching. Latvia and Switzerland aren’t kidding around.
Grönborg is not a very good match coach. We won those golds because he has a good hand with NHLers, not because he is a good coach. Garpen cant be worse can he?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Grönborg is not a very good match coach. We won those golds because he has a good hand with NHLers, not because he is a good coach. Garpen cant be worse can he?
Exactly the same mold of coach. Not sure.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Markstrom starting vs Italy?

Most likely he practiced with the team today and said he felt good. Plus the physical trainer said that all players were ready to play.

When is Klingberg going to play?
They’re expecting Wennberg to arrive tomorrow or monday, and Grönborg said in an interview that Klingberg will probably join the team a day or so after Wennberg. So against Norway on tuesday at the earliest.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah thats what I am worried of.
Atleast he has a good hand with the NHLers, so the possibility of getting a strong team on paper should keep being good.

Had a feeling that if he just passed his medical he would come, he’s one of those guys that always wants to play for Sweden if he’s able. Unfortunately he’s had to turn a lot of invitations down due to injuries.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
So, the rocket consist of the following parts:

- a mother ship that was up 2-1 on the czechs (on fire, the chechs, not the ship)
- 89 kilo Wennberg fit from a month on the bike (think London-Cape Town)
- 80 kilo mobile super-skilled Klingberg (on a third pairing...suspect Marcus Pettersson could benefit from that)
- 98 kilo Landeskog (think Hedman), new buddy to a Elias or two.
- a cooler Ekholm
- Lindholm who decides to give it a try
- The winner of the goalie battle
- 25 players who have stopped helping each other too much

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
This is awesome news. Klingberg is the best player, but Landeskog will be the biggest addition considering the bad forward depth. Now we can hopefully get Loui Eriksson off both PP 1 and 2 for example.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Hagg was the worst defensemen in the NHL in 18-19 yet played all 82 games. The guy must be putting a ****ing spell on his coach wherever he plays.
That doesn't say much. NHL coaches sometimes have their weird fetishes. Vigneault seems to consider Tanner Glass one of the best players in the game. Tortorella actively made sure NYR signed first Boogaard and then Brashear. Both were useless. The coach that played Hägg for 82 games is out of a job now.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
From the inofficial Robert Hägg fanclub:

Robert Hägg played three (3) JWC tournaments between 2012-15. Here's his teammates:

Jacob de la Rose (LW/C) 19 (games together)
Lucas Wallmark (C) 14
Axel Holmström (C/LW) 14
Robin Norell (D) 14
Sebastian Collberg (RW/LW) 12
Filip Forsberg (LW/RW) 12
Alexander Wennberg (C) 12
Christian Djoos (D) 12
Filip Sandberg (RW/C) 12
Nick Sörensen (RW) 12
Linus Arnesson (D) 12
Anton Karlsson (W/C) 12
Elias Lindholm (C/RW) 11
André Burakovsky (LW/RW) 7
Andreas Johnsson (LW/RW) 7
Gustav Olofsson (D) 7
Lukas Bengtsson (D) 7
Erik Karlsson (C/LW) 7
Oskar Sundqvist (C) 7
William Nylander (RW) 7
Oskar Lindblom (LW) 7
Gustav Forsling (D) 7
Sebastian Aho (D) 7
Jens Lööke (RW/LW) 7
Anton Blidh (LW/RW) 7
Christoffer Ehn (C/LW) 7
Victor Olofsson (LW/RW) 7
William Lagesson (D) 7
Julius Bergman (D) 7
Andreas Englund (D) 7
Leon Bristedt (LW/C) 7
Jesper Pettersson (D) 6
Adrian Kempe (C/W) 6
Adam Brodecki (LW/RW) 6
Emil Molin (C/LW) 5
Rickard Rakell (LW) 5
Viktor Arvidsson (LW/RW) 5
Victor Rask (C) 5
Mikael Wikstrand (D) 5
Emil Djuse (D) 5
William Karlsson (C) 5
Tom Nilsson (D) 5
Jeremy Boyce (C/LW) 5
Rasmus Bengtsson (D) 3

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
The more I think about it the less I like having Kempe as the 2nd line center. We can't go through this tournament with center depth like that.

Landeskog - Pettersson - Lindholm
Lindblom - Nylander - Hörnqvist
A. Kempe - Wennberg - Bratt
M. Kempe - Lander - Eriksson

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Grönborg coached actively! Holy crap! What is going on?!

I could see his previous vision with Nylander and Pettersson on the same line and I agreed with it, but it doesn't work. They can find eachother, but Nylander isn't as sharp as you would hope as a goal scorer. It's not good enough, they both want the puck too much.

Nylander needs his own line to grow. I pray to the gods Bratt isn't heavily injured, because he's important.

Grönborg should be able to create quite deadly lines with these players. Just split Nylander and Pettersson, they're both too great with the puck.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
A little bit early having Landeskog on the lineup isn't it? Won't dare to count him in until it is official.
Sure, but what could stop him from coming? If he's feeling ok physically and wants to play, what is the problem? He's not exactly a Golden Retriever pup like Dahlin. "NHL master told me I couldn't play, then I can't play, woof!" Then it's up to his family, basically. A whining wife, that can't accept to have a vacation in Slovakia? "Well, it's not the beach we have agreed upon, is it?!". Since it's Sweden, I could see that scenario as probable, hence the 50/50.

"Landeskog couldn't play, because his wife didn't like it." A very normal problem for a Swedish "equal" husband.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad