WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster part II

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
TreKronor i powerplay:
PP1: Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Elias Lindholm, Elias Pettersson, Patric Hörnqvist, Loui Eriksson.
PP2: Erik Gustafsson, Jesper Bratt, Oskar Lindblom, William Nylander och Adrian Kempe.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
rasmussen....ugh.

bratt - elias - lindholm
lindblom - wennberg - nylander
loui - kempe - hörnqvist
lander - kruger - kempe

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Can they ask klingberg already? I know they are waiting but he has probably made up his mind already

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Technically three spots open but only six defenders are registered so I'd say two of Landeskog, Söderberg and Janmark can come and one spot is only for Klingberg and will probably go to Holm otherwise(not immedatiely but they will for sure not register 6D 16F and be stuck with it).

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Technically three spots open but only six defenders are registered so I'd say two of Landeskog, Söderberg and Janmark can come and one spot is only for Klingberg and will probably go to Holm otherwise(not immedatiely but they will for sure not register 6D 16F and be stuck with it).

nemeth if klingberg declines.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Can they ask klingberg already? I know they are waiting but he has probably made up his mind already
They probably have. Garpenlöv was cited as saying: ”Colorado was just eliminated and we want to give them a couple of days to process the loss. Dallas has already been eliminated for a couple of days so we’re a bit further in the process there.”

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Landerskog, Nemeth and Soderberg please!
Not sure who's injured here but Landeskog looked terrible in half of the games that I think he was playing bang up, Nemeth should be healthy and will be a solid addition. Soderberg was the 2nd worst player in these playoffs for us, not sure how good he's for Sweden, but I would pass if I were you lot.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Wikegård not happy about garpenlöv taking over. Wants rönnberg and hallam.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Wikegård not happy about garpenlöv taking over. Wants rönnberg and hallam.

I agree with Wikegård. Rönnberg is the perfect coach for the national team. He brings alot of energy to his team. Garpenlöv feels like a worse version of Grönborg, but who knows? Perhaps he can surprise. At least he has alot of hockey experience and hopefully Grönborg has taught him his best qualities.

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Regarding Markström I've understood he still has a lingering pain in his shoulder. I understand the decision.

I think pairing Pettersson and Nylander is a smart choice. Every team has to focus on Pettersson, because he's just that dangerous. Nylander loves to have the puck and can keep it for days when he's in the mood. Both players are excellent in the transition game and can keep possession entering the offensive zone. Dumping the puck is a failure in Swedish hockey. I think they have the potential to do wonders together. Then add Hörnqvist, a somewhat skilled, experienced player that knows his responsibility is the board battle if he has to and being around the crease. That can really work. Especially Pettersson, but also Nylander knows how to both dish and shoot the puck. Hörnqvist is there to keep the defense - and the goalie - honest.

The second line took a huge leap upwards with Wennberg. I don't care how much he has struggled under Tortorella, he coaches grinding hockey. Wennberg will play Swedish hockey style now, on big ice. Lindholm that is an elite complementary player will be very happy about this addition to his line to perform.

I'm not happy about Bratt being on the 3rd line, he's more energetic than that. I'm also not sure I follow the logic behind having both Hörnqvist and Loui on the 1st PP, why do you need two crease grinders? If that is the strategy, ok, but the 2nd PP looks weak. Why not have Hörnqvist and Eriksson on separate PP lines for the same strategy? It feels incoherent.

Any yes from the remaining Swedes is a great addition. I still don't get Grönborg's fascination with Hägg. We don't need a Swedish Dan Girardi in the strategy the team wants to play. He kills possession, he doesn't improve it.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Burger has a chance to win 3 straight golds. I think he will take the oppurtunity.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Listened to Klingbergs exit interview no specific question about what he was going to do in the offseason, or about the worlds. But he said something along the lines of: Obviously loosing in that way is tough, but you want to get into it and start winning games again ASAP.

Whether or not that is any indication of anything, I don’t know.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
They expect markstrom to get healthy during the tournament.

Tweet said that an SVT reporter is guessing Landeskog wont go.

Actually he said he was hesitant about landeskog.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Inside Tre Kronor 2019

More signs pointing towards Klingberg going, I mean seriously why create all this buildup otherwise? Why would Popovic give Wikström permission to use a printscreen of a textmessage he sent Klingberg if he doesn’t already know the answer? I think once again we will have a legitimately insane top 4, with a 60 point dman getting stripped off his powerplay duties.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Projected lines please ? Based on players already in Slovakia

These were the lines vs Finland in last game before:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Adam Larsson
Patric Hörnqvist - Elias Pettersson - Loui Eriksson

Markus Pettersson - Erik Gustafsson
Elias Lindholm - Adrian Kempe - Oskar Lindblom

Robert Hägg - Philip Holm
Joakim Nygård - Anton Lander - Jesper Bratt

Mario Kempe - Marcus Krüger - Dennis Rasmussen
Extras: Lukas Bengtsson, Anton Wedin

Since then William Nylander and Mattias Ekholm has entered the team. As mentioned previously in this thread, Nylander will take Louis spot on the first line, so this would be my guess:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Adam Larsson
Patric Hörnqvist - Elias Pettersson - William Nylander

Mattias Ekholm - Erik Gustafsson
Elias Lindholm - Adrian Kempe - Oskar Lindblom

Robert Hägg - Markus Pettersson
Loui Eriksson - Anton Lander - Jesper Bratt

Mario Kempe - Marcus Krüger - Dennis Rasmussen

Wennberg is also confirmed, but will not arrive before the first game

Reactions: Bobby G

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino