WC: Team Slovakia

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
I would be Surprised if Cernak is sent to Ahl and not to the championship. He is NHL ready and doesn't need to fight in the lower league. So I hope he is coming. But man, that sweep by Columbus is unexpected.

by this source Cernak cant be sended to Syracuse

Reactions: tobu

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
So Bucek has said he's been invited to Detroit's summer camp for now that he will likely attend. He also said that he would prefer spending one more season in the Slovak league rather than the AHL.

Reactions: degustator

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
So Bucek has said he's been invited to Detroit's summer camp for now that he will likely attend. He also said that he would prefer spending one more season in the Slovak league rather than the AHL.
Bucek did not say anything about that prefer thing.

EDIT: Ok, sorry. He really said that. :):huh:

Last edited:

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
What is your opinion on this offensive lines? I consider current NHL and AHL situation.

Tatar-Hudacek-Cehlarik
Nagy-Kristof-Panik
Bakos-Sukel-Bucek
Bondra-Lunter-Lamper
Lantosi,Marcinko

To me Kytnar would be a better center than Sukel, has better stats and is really good at faceoffs.
Luntner is right wing, so I don't think he fits.
I'm hoping Dano gets a call as he can play a center decently.
Bondra is ok, but isn't as skillful as Lantosi, so I'd actually have Bondra as backup.
I'm curious to see how Studenic looks in the friendlies, could be a decent option.
If Dano get's a call, I wouldn't take Marcinko.
Also, if Boston makes it further, Cehlarik likely won't come. That leaves possible winger spot open for grabs by whomever looks good in the friendlies.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
To me Kytnar would be a better center than Sukel, has better stats and is really good at faceoffs.
Luntner is right wing, so I don't think he fits.
I'm hoping Dano gets a call as he can play a center decently.
Bondra is ok, but isn't as skillful as Lantosi, so I'd actually have Bondra as backup.
I'm curious to see how Studenic looks in the friendlies, could be a decent option.
If Dano get's a call, I wouldn't take Marcinko.
Also, if Boston makes it further, Cehlarik likely won't come. That leaves possible winger spot open for grabs by whomever looks good in the friendlies.
- Lunter has played also center position through this season and it resulted to quite well performances.
- I hope for that too, but Jets are really strong. So It is unlikely that he will come. For now.
- Firstly, Lantosi is not player for checking line. Secondly, he had a tough playoff and probably is hurt. At least, there were some rumours about his injuries.
- I agree with Studenic, totally forgot on him.
- After last Bruins game, I think that Boston will go to the next round. Not good for our team. It is very likely that Charlotte beat Providence and than it would be without Cehlarik and Jurco, as well.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Still possible, that also Jurco will arrive. And im curious about Studenic.
I wonder, as well. I thought he had a truly bad second half of this season, but today I read interview with him. He had a completely different responsibilities for Binghamton. A lot of defensive stuff, and according to his words, the Devils organisation wanted to see him like a player for 3rd and 4th line and he did quite well. Didnt know that before. He also said that he feel more confident in defensive roles now.

Reactions: jaro

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I have zero expectations for this team, may be pleasantly surprised but highly unlikely. Even a good Slovak team is well below the top 5.

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Cool. Maybe you can explain more?
Just history. Whenever we think a Slovak team is going to do well and scare a larger nation, they never do in the past several years. This is at all ages including junior. This team is better than the Swiss and will be able to play with the Czechs, but it’s a pipe dream for anyone to call us a darkhorse

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
- Lunter has played also center position through this season and it resulted to quite well performances.
- I hope for that too, but Jets are really strong. So It is unlikely that he will come. For now.
- Firstly, Lantosi is not player for checking line. Secondly, he had a tough playoff and probably is hurt. At least, there were some rumours about his injuries.
- I agree with Studenic, totally forgot on him.
- After last Bruins game, I think that Boston will go to the next round. Not good for our team. It is very likely that Charlotte beat Providence and than it would be without Cehlarik and Jurco, as well.

Maurice hates Dano's guts for some reason. He like 18th on the WPG depth chart for forwards (when his talent suggests he should be in the 8-10 range). I'm guessing that Jets allow Dano to head over for the WC.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Maurice hates Dano's guts for some reason. He like 18th on the WPG depth chart for forwards (when his talent suggests he should be in the 8-10 range). I'm guessing that Jets allow Dano to head over for the WC.
Unfortunately, they already did not allow. He practice with first team and wait for chance in case of some injury.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Unfortunately, they already did not allow. He practice with first team and wait for chance in case of some injury.

Just noticed they had him listed as a black ace. Ridiculous. It seems like Maurice's goal in life is to ruin any chance Dano will ever have to establish his career. I seriously think that the Jets would dress 7 D and 11fwds rather than dress Dano in playoffs if they get 5-7 FWD injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad