WC: Team Slovakia

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hopefully the mods sticky this one, since they didn’t the other thread. This is how I hope the team looks.

tatar-kristof-panik
nagy-marcinko-bakos
lantosi-sukel-Cehlarik
chovan-hudacek-Bucek

Fehervary-Sekera
Daloga-Jaros
Cajkovsky-Marincin (if TML lose round 1)
?-Ceresnak

Hudacek
Godla

Potential hopefuls based on nhl playoffs:
-M.Dano
-Chara
-Cernak (highly unlikely)

Reactions: Pomee

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I would spread Tatar and Panik on two seperate lines. I think Marian Studenic should make the team. He was among the last cuts from the Devils training camp in September. Speedy two-way winger who plays a north-south game. with some skill as well. Can move up and down the lineup and play both wing. Plenty versatile. Also, since your team is including Cehlarik shouldn't it include Chara and Halak as well? There's no chance Boston lets Cehlarik leave Providence for the WC's. They're a playoff contender and he's one of their first call-ups in case of injury.

Tatar - Kristof - Bakos
Panik - Marcinko - Hudacek
Nagy - Sukel - Bucek
Studenic - Kytnar - Hascak

Daloga - Sekera
Fehervary - Jaros
Cajkovsky - Ceresnak

Hudacek
Janus

Possible additons depending on NHL/AHL playoffs:

F:
Peter Cehlarik
Tomas Jurco
Marko Dano

D:
Zdeno Chara
Erik Cernak
Martin Marincin

G:
Jaroslav Halak
Patrik Rybar

Hopefully I didn't forget anyone. As usual, the center position continues to be Slovakia's glaring weakness. Every year there seems to be one or two wingers who have to play center, which I'm not a fan of. Good news is Boston and Toronto are facing eachother in the first round. But regardless, with how late the WC is this year, it's likely most of those 'possible additions' will end up on the final roster. Slovakia should see a decent roster this year. The goal should be to make the semi-finals. If they miss the quarter-finals yet again, and on home ice, it will a fiasco.

Hockey2314

Aug 15, 2017
NOMINÁCIA SLOVENSKEJ HOKEJOVEJ REPREZENTÁCIE NA DRUHÝ TÝŽDEŇ SPOLOČNEJ PRÍPRAVY PRED MS 2019

Brankári: Július Hudáček (Spartak Moskva/KHL), Andrej Košarišťan (HC Nové Zámky), Denis Godla (KalPa Kuopio, Fín)

Obrancovia: Michal Čajkovský (Dinamo Moskva/KHL), Mário Grman (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL), Patrik Koch (HC Košice), Martin Chovan (HC 07 Detva), Mislav Rosandič (Mountfield Hradec Králové/ČR), Michal Sersen (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL), Martin Štajnoch (Norimberg Ice Tigers, Nem.), Martin Fehérváry (HV 71, Švéd.)

Útočníci: Martin Bakoš (HK Soči/KHL), Dávid Buc (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL), Lukáš Cingel (Mountfield Hradec Králové/ČR), Michal Chovan (HKM Zvolen), Milan Kytnár (HKM Zvolen), Rastislav Špirko (HKM Zvolen), Adam Liška (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL), Patrik Svitana (HK Poprad), Dávid Bondra (HK Poprad), Ladislav Nagy (HC Košice), Matej Paulovič (Mountfield Hradec Králové/ČR), Radovan Puliš (HC 07 Detva), Matúš Sukeľ (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL), Radoslav Tybor (HC Vítkovice Ridera/ČR)

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I would spread Tatar and Panik on two seperate lines. I think Marian Studenic should make the team. He was among the last cuts from the Devils training camp in September. Speedy two-way winger who plays a north-south game. with some skill as well. Can move up and down the lineup and play both wing. Plenty versatile. Also, since your team is including Cehlarik shouldn't it include Chara and Halak as well? There's no chance Boston lets Cehlarik leave Providence for the WC's. They're a playoff contender and he's one of their first call-ups in case of injury.

Tatar - Kristof - Bakos
Panik - Marcinko - Hudacek
Nagy - Sukel - Bucek
Studenic - Kytnar - Hascak

Daloga - Sekera
Fehervary - Jaros
Cajkovsky - Ceresnak

Hudacek
Janus

Possible additons depending on NHL/AHL playoffs:

F:
Peter Cehlarik
Tomas Jurco
Marko Dano

D:
Zdeno Chara
Erik Cernak
Martin Marincin

G:
Jaroslav Halak
Patrik Rybar

Hopefully I didn't forget anyone. As usual, the center position continues to be Slovakia's glaring weakness. Every year there seems to be one or two wingers who have to play center, which I'm not a fan of. Good news is Boston and Toronto are facing eachother in the first round. But regardless, with how late the WC is this year, it's likely most of those 'possible additions' will end up on the final roster. Slovakia should see a decent roster this year. The goal should be to make the semi-finals. If they miss the quarter-finals yet again, and on home ice, it will a fiasco.
It’s likely we will miss it... I have zero faith in this team. Hopefully crowd sees on ice product and does something... highly unlikely. Nagy playing erghhhh. And no chance Studenic makes the team, even if he had good season.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Panik depends on whether they figure out the insurance somehow.

As for Studenic, they said that they might invite him to camp once his season is done depending on what the roster will look like at that point and whether there will be room for trying out players then. He had a disappointing second half of the season compared to the first one, so not sure what kind of impact he would have.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
The best team we could have right now if all circumstances would go for us

Tatar-Kristof-Panik
Nagy-Jurco-Bucek
Bakos-Dano-Cehlarik
Bondra (Lamper)-Marcinko-Studenic (Lantosi)

Fehervary-Chara
Cernak-Sekera
Jaros-Ceresnak
Cajkovsky -Marincin
(Daloga)

Halak
Hudacek
Rybar

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
The best team we could have right now if all circumstances would go for us

Tatar-Kristof-Panik
Nagy-Jurco-Bucek
Bakos-Dano-Cehlarik

Fehervary-Chara
Cernak-Sekera
Jaros-Ceresnak
Cajkovsky -Marincin
(Daloga)

Halak
Hudacek
Rybar
Good roster but Jurco doesnt play on center position.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Semifinal is science fiction..

Why? Quarter finals is realistic, so it makes sense to aim for the next level. Especially on home ice. They've beaten the bigger nations several times with weak rosters. They fell in OT against both the Czechs and Swedes last year. And that roster was the weakest Slovakia has ever had. With a stronger team this year, there's no reason why they couldn't be capable of an upset in just one elimination game.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Good roster but Jurco doesnt play on center position.
My mistake, I don't know why I thought that Nagy was playing with Jurco and Bakos during last Championship.. but also in case of such line Nagy would be the center probably and not Jurco...:huh:

My edit
Tatar-Kristof-Panik
Nagy-Hudacek-Jurco
Bucek-Dano-Cehlarik (Bakos)

Fehervary-Chara
Cernak-Sekera
Jaros-Ceresnak
Cajkovsky -Marincin
(Daloga)

Halak
Hudacek
Rybar

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
My mistake, I don't know why I thought that Nagy was playing with Jurco and Bakos during last Championship.. but also in case of such line Nagy would be the center probably and not Jurco...:huh:

My edit
Tatar-Kristof-Panik
Nagy-Hudacek-Jurco
Bucek-Dano-Cehlarik (Bakos)

Fehervary-Chara
Cernak-Sekera
Jaros-Ceresnak
Cajkovsky -Marincin
(Daloga)

Halak
Hudacek
Rybar
Nagy, Jurco and Bakos played together only in last game against Belarus and Nagy was a center. Before that, the first line was Nagy-Kristof-Jurco

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Ah **** my bad.

I don't know why I thought he was from Slovakia.

In your defence Luleå has had many Slovaks in the past and have been sucessful with them. Lubos Bartecko, Tomas Surovy, Vladimir Orszagh, Jaroslav Obsut off the top of my head. Christian Jaros and Peter Cehlarik developed there as juniors as well :)

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
In your defence Luleå has had many Slovaks in the past and have been sucessful with them. Lubos Bartecko, Tomas Surovy, Vladimir Orszagh, Jaroslav Obsut off the top of my head. Christian Jaros and Peter Cehlarik developed there as juniors as well :)

Ah I might've thought of Jaros because I remember us having a young promising Slovak on the team.

The connection is interesting. Luleå's U20/J20 team has 3 Slovaks on it (including the captain).

By the way what's the rivalry with the Czech Republic like? is beating them a big deal over there?

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Ah I might've thought of Jaros because I remember us having a young promising Slovak on the team.

The connection is interesting. Luleå's U20/J20 team has 3 Slovaks on it (including the captain).

By the way what's the rivalry with the Czech Republic like? is beating them a big deal over there?
Rivalry with Czechs is still big although it is not such as it used to be 20 years ago.. for some people beating CZ is more than to win medal and lose against our "big brother"

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Honestly, I'd be surprised if Lantosi doesn't make the roster, he's had a breakout season together with Bucek, is in form, and I definitely rate him over Bondra, Chovan, or Hascak at the moment.

My expectations for the roster assuming Boston and Tampa Bay go through to 2nd round.

Tatar-Kristof-Jurco
Nagy-Hudacek-Panik
Bucek-Dano-Bakos
Lantosi-(?*)-Studenic (Bondra, Liska) ?* not sure on the last center, our usual roster issue, options for me are Kytnar, A.Stastny, Surovy, Zigo

Sekera-Jaros
Feherevary-Ceresnak
Marincin-Cajkovsky
Koch-Rosandic - I don't want Sersen here, he's had an awful year and is out of form.

Overall, I think this would be our best squad in past few years.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Šatan confirmed Sekera, Tatar, Jaros as well as Panik - all will join the team in the last week of April. Studenic is also joining the team in the coming week, but he isn't a lock yet, will need to convince in pre games.

Great news. And now Cernak is just one game away from elimination, would be a huge addition.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->