WC: Team Slovakia

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
So the lineup is almost perfect minus the Boston guys. Making it to quarters at least is an obligation. I am cautiously optimistic.
Best lineup we've had in years. Quarterfinals are not guaranteed, we have missed it with much better rosters in the past (in Bratislava for example), but it looks doable. The only really weak position is center, as usual.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
If Boston loses in the 2nd round (especially quickly), they can join, too. Never before has a World Championships tournament started so late (10th May).

So, it can happen that all guys from both teams – Halák, Chára, Cehlárik and Marinčin – will be able to join Slovakia's squad, regardless of who wins game 7 tomorrow between Boston and Toronto.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Best lineup we've had in years. Quarterfinals are not guaranteed, we have missed it with much better rosters in the past (in Bratislava for example), but it looks doable. The only really weak position is center, as usual.
I feel optimistic, though. Unlike the previous good rosters, we did not have there so many young energetic skaters like we could have this time.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Good to see Slovakia finally scrape together a solid team, it has been painful to watch the team the past few years. Now let's just hope that Boston gets eliminated in the Game 7.

Reactions: stastny12

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
So, what will the ideal roster for the Slovaks look like?

Tatar-Dano-Panik
Nagy-Kristof-Jurco
Bucek-Hudacek-Cehlarik
Buc-Marcinko-Bondra

Svitana/Sukel/Kytnar/Lantosi

Chara
-Jaros
Sekera-Cernak
Cajkovsky-Marincin
Fehervary-Ceresnak/Daloga/Gernat

Halak
Hudacek
Ciliak

Last edited:

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
So, what will the ideal roster for the Slovaks look like?

Tatar-Dano-Panik
Nagy-Kristof-Jurco
Cehlarik-Hudacek-Bakos
Bucek-Marcinko-Bondra

Buc/Svitana/Sukel/Kytnar/Lantosi/Tybor

Chara
-Jaros
Sekera-Cernak
Cajkovsky-Marincin
Fehervary-Ceresnak/Daloga/Gernat

Halak
Hudacek
Ciliak
Bakos got eliminated from the roster

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Boston onto the next round, tough news for Team Slovakia though their defence is gonna look pretty good regardless. I feel like Halak is the biggest loss, though Chara would have been huge for the locker room. He would not tolerate missing the quarter finals and I think many players could've raised their game because of him.

If Boston gets eliminated in next round, the Bruins slovak trio should still be able to join the team midthrough the group stage or so. For now, all they can hope for is that Marincin will join despite being a pending UFA, and that Charlotte and Grand Rapids gets eliminated from the Calder Cup playoffs soon.

Reactions: stastny12

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Okay, sucks that the Bruins made it to the next round, but there's still plenty of time left. The Slovak trio and Krejci/Pasta can still make it to the WHC opening matches of their respective teams.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Okay, sucks that the Bruins made it to the next round, but there's still plenty of time left. The Slovak trio and Krejci/Pasta can still make it to the WHC opening matches of their respective teams.
Yep. The second round is going to end before the World Championship starts so even joining the team mid-tournament after conference finals could be a possibility

Babula

May 31, 2012
Panik just scores one. "Ještě jeden" Trencin is the hit right now and Nitra will be tomorrow.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Cehlarik is potentially free as Providence lost to Jurco’s Charlotte.

The question is — will he join the national team now, or the Bruins won’t release him?

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
So my takeaway from the 2 friendly games against Czechs.
- We can't score
- I suppose that's mainly because our top 3 centers (Hudacek, Kristof, Dano) have not yet joined the team
- Young guns Bucek, Lantosi, Studenic with the most drive and pretty much the only ones that manage to make some things happen offensively
- Panik was invisible in the 2nd game, I hope that will change once on a line with Tatar and a proper center
- Defense was OK in the 2nd game and will be good enough after the last additions
- Conclusion: If we won't start scoring after the last roster additions, then our best bet will be to win games 1-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->