WC: Team CZE - 2019

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
He didn't make the difference at the non pro Olympics nor at the last 2 or 3 World's. He's currently an AHL goalie. He won't make a 'Vokoun difference'. Vokoun, at the time, was sought after NHL goalie with a great save percentage and 5 on 5 stats on a weak team. Rittich might make the difference and Calgary is one period from being done. However, and I'll say this till consistently, European goalies rarely bring home medals at the World Championships and they never do it at NHL allowed Olympics. You want a medal - need an NHL goalie. Even a ****ty one will do!

The sad thing is, we haven't had a good goalie since Tomas Vokoun :(:(

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
If Boston, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Tampa, Charlotte and Grand Rapids will be eliminated and all players will be healthy :thumbu:

Palat - Krejci - Pastrnak
Voracek - Necas - Kubalik
Simon - Faksa - Zadina/Repik/Hanzl
Chytil - Kovar - Gulas
Zadina/Repik/Hanzl

Looks nice. I'd switch Palat for Voras though..drool.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not hearing much but as of right now we have:

Palat, Simon, Rutta, Frolik and Rittich available... That's a starting goalie, a Top 4 D (for us) and 2 Top 6 forwards.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Charlotte (Necas) vs Providence 1:1 after two matches.

I want Necaaaaaaas :thumbu: so much :laugh:

It's a tough call.. I want Necas to join the NHL next year and set it on fire! A nice long AHL playoff run could really cement him as NHL ready. Of course I want him on the National team though. Hopefully he looks better than World Juniors!

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Riha is seriously thinking about asking Plekanec to join the team. And he still doesn't have any news about the NHL players.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Riha is seriously thinking about asking Plekanec to join the team. And he still doesn't have any news about the NHL players.
Totally fine with plekanec joining.

He doesn't know about NHL players cause he hasn't contacted them... He is waiting for them to contact him and beg to join team. This ''hey are all welcome' stuff seems based in ignorance. There are 5 guys who we should have an answer for by now.

There is some mantra from Czech federation that states you cannot have too many NHL players. In fact I think the rule is that we must have more extraliga players than NHL ones. So if 3 guys from extraliga are on team then only 3 NHL ones.

I'm exaggerating a little but probably not too far of

joey16

Dec 27, 2010

He should have invited Jagr as well. :D
But seriously Necas, Hertl and Pasta would be so sweet. Although I'd rather them to go far in the play-off.
And I hope Hronek will be available to boost our D a bit.

Reactions: czechmate

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I think Nedved is GM of this team. He must contact the players. Riha is "only" coach. I hope Nedved is in contact with all NHL players. He was personally several times in NA during season.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Hey everyone. Another year, hopefully this will be finally succesful one. I hope things turn out right for us and we will have strong team this year, ideally Boston and San Jose out tonight ( Hertl, Krejčí, Pastrňák). Even thought I wish succes to all Czech players in the NHL, they will be very very welcome help. Also hoping for some D to come over (Rutta, Hronek, Šulák), as defense was the biggest problem so far in preparation games.

So far from what I read about our NHL players, Frolík will play at WCH, while Rittich will not (was injured in season, want to take rest to be healty at the start of next season).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hey everyone. Another year, hopefully this will be finally succesful one. I hope things turn out right for us and we will have strong team this year, ideally Boston and San Jose out tonight ( Hertl, Krejčí, Pastrňák). Even thought I wish succes to all Czech players in the NHL, they will be very very welcome help. Also hoping for some D to come over (Rutta, Hronek, Šulák), as defense was the biggest problem so far in preparation games.

So far from what I read about our NHL players, Frolík will play at WCH, while Rittich will not (was injured in season, want to take rest to be healty at the start of next season).

I read the same about Rittich. Hopefully they don't resign Smith and he becomes the starter next season on a very good Calgary Team. Frolik, Palat, Simon would all be great additions to forward. Agree about Rutta, Hronek and Sulak - the AHL playoffs are weird but my understanding is they play 2 games in a row starting tonight so we'll know more about Grand Rapids by Thursday morning (eg. if they are advancing or not).

Kovar did not impress me in net in the games I saw despite an amazing KHL season.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
My only problem with Plekanec is that they didn't play him much last year. He came over and then they seemed to play him 10 minutes a night.

On a funny not so funny note. If Plekanec and Moravcik (or maybe Sklenica) make the team we'll have players who played the Czech second division and ECHL on our national team this season.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
:thumbu: Frolik, Palat and Simon are officially confirmed.

+ we already have confirmed Voracek, Gudas and Chytil (but he still isn't 100% fit)

And Rutta is very close to confirmation.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
:thumbu: Frolik, Palat and Simon are officially confirmed.

+ we already have confirmed Voracek, Gudas and Chytil (but he still isn't 100% fit)

And Rutta is very close to confirmation.
So happy to be wrong ....

Top 6 is currently palat, Frolik, votacek, chytil, kubalik and probably kovar. That is a great start.

Imagine if we can get hertl, pastrnak or krejci in that mix?

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018

Top 6 is currently Palat, Frolik, Voracek, Chytil, Kubalik and probably Kovar. That is a great start.

Imagine if we can get Hertl, Pastrnak or Krejci in that mix?

Plus Necas. That'd be a much stronger top three lines in comparison to last year.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007

Top 6 is currently palat, Frolik, votacek, chytil, kubalik and probably kovar. That is a great start.

Imagine if we can get hertl, pastrnak or krejci in that mix?

And maybe Vrana. I think Vrana > Chytil

But I want Pasta and Kubalik as our TOP 6 right wings (1st line and 2nd line). So is there any room for Vrana in the team? Chytil is with the team since the beginning at least.

Dream lines:
Palat - Krejci - Pasta
Voras - Hertl - Kubalik
Frolik - Necas - Vrana
Hanzl/Chytil - Kovar - Gulas
Repik / Sekac

:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

But I want Pasta and Kubalik as our TOP 6 right wings (1st line and 2nd line). So is there any room for Vrana in the team? Chytil is with the team since the beginning at least.
Huge Vrana fan... No contract ... Same with Mrazek.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016

Dream lines:
Palat - Krejci - Pasta
Voras - Hertl - Kubalik
Frolik - Necas - Vrana
Hanzl/Chytil - Kovar - Gulas
Repik / Sekac

:laugh::laugh:

Honestly, with the way both Krejci and Hertl are playing right now, we legitimately have two first lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad