WC: Team CZE - 2019

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
The Griffins ended up getting destroyed in last 2 games but still made playoffs. Hoping for a sweep so some Czechs (and Rybar) can come to the World's. Hronek, Sulak, Zadina and Frk could all help. I know they cut Frk very quickly last year but he's not that bad at all.
Frk is bad, he is AHL player at most.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Frk is bad, he is AHL player at most.

Our entire roster is AHLlol Frk had 14 points in 13 games in AHL this season. He's no Pastrnak but he works hard and has a cannon of a shot.

Guys from last year's world championship team that ended up in AHL (or ECHL or back in Europe after not making NHL) this season - Jan Kovar, Pavel Francouz, Martin Necas, Jakub Jerabek, Jan Ruuta, David Sklenicka, Libor Sulak, Filip Hronek, Michal Moravcik and Tomas Hyka.

That doesn't include tryouts like Martin Kaut, Filip Zadina, Filip Chlapik and David Kase.

Or guys that are back in Europe that tried to but couldn't consistently crack an NHL roster like Michal Jordan, Tomas Kundratek, Michal Repik, Roman Horak or Adam Polasek.

Reactions: smitty10

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
If Boston, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Tampa, Charlotte and Grand Rapids will be eliminated and all players will be healthy :thumbu:

Palat - Krejci - Pastrnak
Voracek - Necas - Kubalik
Simon - Faksa - Zadina/Repik/Hanzl
Chytil - Kovar - Gulas
Zadina/Repik/Hanzl

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If Boston, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Tampa, Charlotte and Grand Rapids will be eliminated and all players will be healthy :thumbu:

Chytil - Kovar - Gulas
Zadina/Repik/Hanzl

I'd love to see Simon on the team. Same with Palat (but I think he has issues with Czech Association?). Neither has contract issues. Rutta might come and I'd like him to but he is UFA.

One of Nosek and Hertl will be available as well.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I'd love to see Simon on the team. Same with Palat (but I think he has issues with Czech Association?). Neither has contract issues. Rutta might come and I'd like him to but he is UFA.

One of Nosek and Hertl will be available as well.

Yeah, you are right with Palat, so Hertl instead of him :)
Hertl - Krejci - Pasta ... dream

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, you are right with Palat, so Hertl instead of him :)
Hertl - Krejci - Pasta ... dream
Well, now we'll see.. Rutta, Palat and Simon all available and 2 of them have contracts and are not UFA.

On a different note.. the Thornton suspension for hitting Nosek resulted in Lukas Radil getting into the playoffs. He's playing tonight!

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I've read a few times (my Czech reading isn't the best so maybe I'm reading wrong) that Riha would only like 1 NHL line. Eg. 3 or 4 guys from NHL. Am I the only one that thinks that would be a really bad strategy if we had more NHL Czechs available?

Seems to be a theme in Czech hockey. Let's leave Pytlick behind. Let's not bring more NHL players on and only play the Euro guys. Does the federation realize we consistently finish in 6th place and maybe top players might help? Most likely, the final 4 this year will have a lot more than 3 or 4 NHL players?

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I've read a few times (my Czech reading isn't the best so maybe I'm reading wrong) that Riha would only like 1 NHL line. Eg. 3 or 4 guys from NHL. Am I the only one that thinks that would be a really bad strategy if we had more NHL Czechs available?

Seems to be a theme in Czech hockey. Let's leave Pytlick behind. Let's not bring more NHL players on and only play the Euro guys. Does the federation realize we consistently finish in 6th place and maybe top players might help? Most likely, the final 4 this year will have a lot more than 3 or 4 NHL players?

Maybe he said that few weeks ago. Probably to give "euro" players some motivation for participating in pretournament phase in half of march. I'm pretty sure he'll take all NHL players possible. But young players like Chytil must convince him in on the ice (there are still few "friendly" matches remaing).

None of the Czech coaches would take the young player (from Nhl, Ahl, Europe...) to the final tournament without a try. That's just our Czech mentality. All must be checked and not risked. We all have it inside us.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Did Bartosak get pulled after 3 shots?

Kovar is around a 4 GAA after playing Germany and Austria as well.

Rittich/Mrazek are not signed to contracts for next year.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
After having followed yesterdays game against Germany I am hoping we get some D support from overseas (anyone will be an improvement).
The game was not as tight as one might think due to the score (5:4). After a good and aggressive Czech start into the first period with 2 scored goals by the Czechs, a Czech D drew a completely unnecessary 4min penalty. Result: 2 conceded goals by the Germans due to sloppy and inconsistent Czech PK-defending (not clearing pucks out of the D-zone immediately, bad positioning, etc.)

Since our D core is not going to change substantially when the Extraliga playoffs are over, we should focus on getting some D-support from overseas - if we want to pull something off at this WC.

Upside: I was surprised by the game of Beranek and Tomasek. Young, motivated and agile forwards; also decently skilled. I hope they get their chance at some point.

Last edited:

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016

Chytil - Kovar - Gulas
Zadina/Repik/Hanzl

Really like the first two lines.

Vidy

Apr 14, 2017
Czechia
Three weeks to go and thats my almost final lineup, but

>>> if Colorado Eagles lose series + Pavel Francouz
>>> if Boston Bruins lose series + David Krejčí & David Pastrňák
>>> if San Jose Sharks lose series + Tomáš Hertl
>>> if Dallas Stars lose series + Radek Faksa
>>> if Grand Rapids Griffins lose series + Martin Frk & Filip Hronek
>>> if Charlotte Checkers lose series + Martin Nečas

Roman Will (26)
Patrik Bartošák (26)
Jakub Krejčík (27)Jan Rutta (28)
Jakub Jeřábek (27)Radko Gudas (28)
Adam Polášek (27)Tomáš Kundrátek (29)
Petr Zámorský (26)
Dominik Kubalík (23)Dominik Simon (24)Jakub Voráček (29)
Jiří Sekáč (26)Jan Kovář (29)Milan Gulaš (33)
Ondřej Palát (28)Robin Hanzl (30)Michal Řepík (30)
Marek Kvapil (34)Petr Holík (27)David Tomášek (23)
Martin Zaťovič (34)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Your opinions, guys?

Last edited:

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
You can have the forward lines stacked all you want, but when your best defenseman is Gudas you aren't winning anything. And Riha behind the bench is not a great boost either.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
You can have the forward lines stacked all you want, but when your best defenseman is Gudas you aren't winning anything. And Riha behind the bench is not a great boost either.

Hronek and Sulak are indispensable for the czech defense.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Our absolute best D today is not good enough... Unfortunately Kempny, Simek and Hajek are hurt but even with them this is our best possible D

Gudas, hronek, Simek, Kempny, rutta, Hajek and sulak.

That is very thin. I really enjoy all of them and our three injured D appeared to be on the rise at least. By this time next season I think hronek will be our best.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Three weeks to go and thats my almost final lineup, but

>>> if Colorado Eagles lose series + Pavel Francouz
>>> if Boston Bruins lose series + David Krejčí & David Pastrňák
>>> if San Jose Sharks lose series + Tomáš Hertl
>>> if Dallas Stars lose series + Radek Faksa
>>> if Grand Rapids Griffins lose series + Martin Frk & Filip Hronek
>>> if Charlotte Checkers lose series + Martin Nečas

Roman Will (26)
Patrik Bartošák (26)
Jakub Krejčík (27)Jan Rutta (28)
Jakub Jeřábek (27)Radko Gudas (28)
Adam Polášek (27)Tomáš Kundrátek (29)
Petr Zámorský (26)
Dominik Kubalík (23)Dominik Simon (24)Jakub Voráček (29)
Jiří Sekáč (26)Jan Kovář (29)Milan Gulaš (33)
Ondřej Palát (28)Robin Hanzl (30)Michal Řepík (30)
Marek Kvapil (34)Petr Holík (27)David Tomášek (23)
Martin Zaťovič (34)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Your opinions, guys?
It's probably very close to reality. Assuming no more NHL guys are coming (I hope they are but I think the Czech federation is opposed to using our best players at U18, U20 and senior team) I'd love to see Kubalik get the ice time with Voracek. That could be beautiful. If we have Palat, he is on my first line for sure. He's a 40 to 50 point NHL player who plays a '200 foot game' and Czechs don't have many of those. I'd really like to see Hertl or Nosek (whoever loses) on this team. Nosek is a former captain of junior team and goes like hell. Hertl is in a career year and just keeps scoring and scoring. Net front presence who could drive opposition crazy. Imagine him with Voracek? However, I don't think Riha would allow us to have that much talent - not the Czech way. Gotta promote the guys that didn't make the NHL and stayed in Europe instead.

Vidy

Apr 14, 2017
Czechia
It's probably very close to reality. Assuming no more NHL guys are coming (I hope they are but I think the Czech federation is opposed to using our best players at U18, U20 and senior team) I'd love to see Kubalik get the ice time with Voracek. That could be beautiful. If we have Palat, he is on my first line for sure. He's a 40 to 50 point NHL player who plays a '200 foot game' and Czechs don't have many of those. I'd really like to see Hertl or Nosek (whoever loses) on this team. Nosek is a former captain of junior team and goes like hell. Hertl is in a career year and just keeps scoring and scoring. Net front presence who could drive opposition crazy. Imagine him with Voracek? However, I don't think Riha would allow us to have that much talent - not the Czech way. Gotta promote the guys that didn't make the NHL and stayed in Europe instead.

I focus especially on goalie position. If we'll have someone like Vokoun in 2k10, we can be 1. - 4. in total placement with this team. Pavel Francouz could make a real difference... As you said I'd like to see Kubalík with Voráček and my best 1st line'd look like - Kubalík & Nečas & Voráček (most likely). There is no more time playing Palát with Kucherov & Johnson like triplets in my opinion so Palát'll go to the second or third line in Tampa... Won't play the most time and will take less and less points... In our repre should take role of third line & 2nd PP unit (on the other side he's very good in 4v5/3v5) . Hertl'd be so good addition as you said. Anyway Říha's system is to take lot of European veterans with great experience. Hockey changed a lot from 2009 > 2019 so there's no chance... If Říha'll really do it, my bet is on end in quarterfinal!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Pavel Francouz could make a real difference

He didn't make the difference at the non pro Olympics nor at the last 2 or 3 World's. He's currently an AHL goalie. He won't make a 'Vokoun difference'. Vokoun, at the time, was sought after NHL goalie with a great save percentage and 5 on 5 stats on a weak team. Rittich might make the difference and Calgary is one period from being done. However, and I'll say this till consistently, European goalies rarely bring home medals at the World Championships and they never do it at NHL allowed Olympics. You want a medal - need an NHL goalie. Even a shitty one will do!

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
According to the newspapers all "eliminated" NHL players are invited and are welcome.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Doesn't change the fact that this defense is Divison I level worthy.

So let's play in division 1 then! We'd win that medal that Kral wants so bad :laugh::laugh::laugh:

In all seriousness, it's not looking so good this year. My excitement levels are sub-zero at the moment......:(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->