WC: Team CZE - 2019

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Wonder if that's what Hungarian football fans thought when they stopped getting medals.

To be honest, I'm not sure that you can really compare the two. There are far more teams competing for a medal at the world cup then at the wc and back in those days there were fewer teams, so it was easier to win.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm happy to give Riha one more year to see what he does. He's obviously emotionally invested and cares a lot about success which is good. However, I want to see progress and I expect a medal next year.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I just hope that Riha hasn't put off our new guys from representing (Vrana, Chytil) as that would affect the desire of others too (Necas, Zadina etc). He apparently seems to think they would all come back, so I suppose that's good.

Voracek finished with 16 points in the tournament, is that a Czechoslovakian NT record-can anyone confirm this?

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Well, but thats a same story. He doesnt know. Maybe he didnt have time in that interview but junior league should be reduced next year. Why doesnt he see it as a valid problem? Why he is not mentioning it? These guys are obviously happy to be isolated from one another. Because any confrontation would finnally decide who is really smart, who is the top guy and who is a passanger.

People making mistakes, so if they give to one Pesan, I am afraid its a gambling.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
I just hope that Riha hasn't put off our new guys from representing (Vrana, Chytil) as that would affect the desire of others too (Necas, Zadina etc). He apparently seems to think they would all come back, so I suppose that's good.

Voracek finished with 16 points in the tournament, is that a Czechoslovakian NT record-can anyone confirm this?

Czechoslovak record? No, since Nedomansky had 17 points twice, and Vladimir Martinec had 20 once.

Seems Voracek has the Czech record though.

Reactions: Swipes and Czechboy

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Terrible thing is that in last 20 years, there were only two guys who presented some comprehensive plans how to restore it. Lener and Bukac. Leners plan appeared to be obviously shallow. But none of that remaining guys. like Hadamcik, Ruzicka, Jelinek, Jandac. was not even able to somehow present some comprehensive thoughts. AT best, they pointed out only some specific issues.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Zero questions about Riha and his heart/passion. The guy clearly cares and wants what is best. Just not sure if his approach is ideal or if he's even willing to listen to new ideas?

I do think a lot of Czech guys will be turned off by this experienc. Who's Vrana's buddies with? Who's Chytil's buddies with.

Like I say... 4 NHLers next season. I have no doubt that the team we assemble will play with heart of course but that's never been my issue with Czech hockey. I feel we always battle and 'leave it all out there'...

U20 - f*** up the golden gift of Necas/Zadina/Kaut/Dostal and give Lauko the Vrana treatment
U18 - don't invite Pytlik
Senior - bench 2 young and very good NHL players and play 3 goalies

Reactions: jjnhl68

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
apropriate reactions onf FB. That guy should resignate right onw for what he said. Hokej

They have been fooling us in big way for last ten years. If we took medal, everything is ok. f***ing toxic enviroment all over.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No medal this year ( again :laugh: ) ... At least the goals were pretty nice, made this vid in case anyones interested.

Fantastic job! It was a really good World Championships. We played a beautiful game with a nice tempo. Kovar played so well he's getting NHL talk again. He was the 3C of my dreams... surely he could do a similar job in a bottom 6 for an NHL team. I'd gladly take him on my Oil.

Final 10 nominees for Zlata Hokejka had me giggle a lot. I'm convinced there is an extraliga rule because there is Milan Gulas ahead of guys like Petr Mrazek, Jakub Frana, Dominik Simon and Radek Faksa. Jakub Kovar had a fantastic KHL season I would've probably included him as well. My top 3 are Pastrnak/Hertl/Krejci/ Centres are more valuable than wingers (hence why my fav Voracek is at 4 behind C Krejci) so if Hertl won I'd understand.

upload_2019-5-31_10-8-46.png

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sulak leaving for the KHL... not happy. Was hoping he'd make it to NHL as I like his game a lot.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sedlak is gone too.. 3 Czechs gone in no time. 2 were D which is even worse.

Riha is not coming back. I have nothing against him but am very happy to see Pesan take over. I noticed Pesan is helping with U20 team as well. Seems to be getting involved everywhere. I'm not liking the U20 chances but do like our crossover pool (no North Americans). Was thrilled to see that Dostal is back and should be available as he'll be in Finland most likely. Not sure how guys like Lauko, Jenik and Pekar will carry offence. Even more worried about our D which will look worse than usual.

The problem is that I wanted Pesan to coach this particular Czech team with loads of NHLers on it. I don't see many NHlers lining up to go next year after the Vrana/Chytil benchings. Pesan will probably have a 90% Euro team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad