WC: Team CZE - 2019

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
zadina, sulak ?
Both had good nights in the AHL playoffs! Francouz's team got destroyed last night.. outshot 16-1 in a period. He played well but they did not. Zadina had 3 points! MInd you, if Grand Rapids keeps winning we won't get Hronek (who also had a point). Frk had 2 points to my knowledge. It's a little Czech mafia in the AHL right now!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I was starting to picture Hertl in Bratislava and then the craziest 3rd period of a Game 7 I ever saw happened. Happy for him... I noticed Hertl got a LOT of minutes. He's truly an elite player now. Krejci led all the forwards in minutes last night (even more than Bergeron). Very underated player!

I would like Nosek and if we can get Mrazek or Vrana out of tonight I'd be ecstatic! Cheering for Carolina, after the last 2 years, I'd love for Petr to get a great run.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Rutta is now confirmed. That will be a big help for our poor D. Hronek/Sulak/Zadina/Frk are going to game 5 (they play best of 5 in round 1 of AHL) against Hyka (I agree above, I do think his speed would be welcome in the bottom 6). That game isn't till Sunday.

Riha is in the hosptital for a couple of days - my Czech isn't good enough to give a good description.

No Mrazek (although, no contract but I do think he'll get a big one this summer now!) but Vrana (also without a contract but it is RFA which is a little different than UFA like Mrazek. He is also due for a big raise and longer contract) and Nosek (also RFA like Vrana and I think he'll get 2 or 3 years around 1.5 million) are 'available'. I can't see them coming and would understand as they are about to sign the biggest contracts of their lives.

Condors don't play Game 4 against Colorado (Kaut, Francouz) until Saturday but it doesn't look good for colorado, the Condors have been very dominant but you never know. I would love Kaut on the team and now that we don't have an NHL goalie I'd want Francouz.

For the record, Josef Korenar is available and should be our 3rd goalie. He might be in the NHL as early as next season and had a very good rookie season in AHL. I'd also like to see Skarek or Dostal considered for that spot as they seem NHL bound in a few years as well. Just my 2 cents!

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Rutta is now confirmed. That will be a big help for our poor D. Hronek/Sulak/Zadina/Frk are going to game 5 (they play best of 5 in round 1 of AHL) against Hyka (I agree above, I do think his speed would be welcome in the bottom 6). That game isn't till Sunday.

Riha is in the hosptital for a couple of days - my Czech isn't good enough to give a good description.

No Mrazek (although, no contract but I do think he'll get a big one this summer now!) but Vrana (also without a contract but it is RFA which is a little different than UFA like Mrazek. He is also due for a big raise and longer contract) and Nosek (also RFA like Vrana and I think he'll get 2 or 3 years around 1.5 million) are 'available'. I can't see them coming and would understand as they are about to sign the biggest contracts of their lives.

Condors don't play Game 4 against Colorado (Kaut, Francouz) until Saturday but it doesn't look good for colorado, the Condors have been very dominant but you never know. I would love Kaut on the team and now that we don't have an NHL goalie I'd want Francouz.

For the record, Josef Korenar is available and should be our 3rd goalie. He might be in the NHL as early as next season and had a very good rookie season in AHL. I'd also like to see Skarek or Dostal considered for that spot as they seem NHL bound in a few years as well. Just my 2 cents!
I agree with you about young goalies. But Riha is old school coach. He won't risk. I think goalies will be Bartosak, Kovar, Hrubec or Will. + maybe Francouz if there will be any chance to test him before tournament.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I agree with you about young goalies. But Riha is old school coach. He won't risk. I think goalies will be Bartosak, Kovar, Hrubec or Will. + maybe Francouz if there will be any chance to test him before tournament.
I agree with you. I just feel better stating what we should do because I think Czech Federation is not good.lol

Bartosak, Kovar, Hrubec and Will will probably never seen an NHL game. I'd rather have guys that will.. that includes Vanecek and Vladar who are also very close. Look at Rittich... went to AHL and is now also going to get a good contract this summer (I think).

The Czech Federation seems to think AHL is weak while think Extraliga is strong. AHL has much better players than Extraliga. Even just using Czechs the AHL has Francouz, Necas, Hronek to start. That would be half the all star team in Extraliga.

It's almost like our best Czech prospects 'disappear' when they are in the AHL and that is wrong. I'd also give Zboril and Masin consideration for the team.

Sadly, the only way those players get consideration is if the fail at making the NHL and return to Europe. It doesn't make sense. Even including Extraliga guys... I'd only take very young rookies (like Necas) or aging veterans who are former superstars (Erat, Nedved etc.) but not guys in the middle of their careers. It should be NHL, KHL/AHL, Extraliga in order.

Reactions: Mirinho

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
You are 100% right Czechboy. As I wrote before, AHL is 3rd best hockey league on the world for me.
But as you wrote, here in the Czech republic many people will tell you: "Necas has bad season, because he's playing in AHL" for example ... And meanwhile he (as a teenager) is almost PPG player in AHL.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You are 100% right Czechboy. As I wrote before, AHL is 3rd best hockey league on the world for me.
But as you wrote, here in the Czech republic many people will tell you: "Necas has bad season, because he's playing in AHL" for example ... And meanwhile he (as a teenager) is almost PPG player in AHL.

It's really interesting because 3 of the 4 best teenagers in the AHL were Kaut, Zadina and Necas. Being 19 and on top of the AHL is a REAL good inidicator that you'll be a very good NHL player. Not Connor McDavid but Robert Lang! Zadina was also highest goal scorer for teenagers. Those 3 should all become solid and join Chytil.

If you're 21 and still in the AHL (as a forward) then I'd start to worry about your future. For Defenceman is is different because it is much harder. Same for goalies. Coincidentally, almsot ALL the NHL goalies come from the AHL now. Rittich went through the AHL is did everyone else. Koskinen came from KHL and was not very good. Before that you have to look back at least a decade. AHL produces about 95% of the goalies right now regardless of where they are from.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I agree with you. I just feel better stating what we should do because I think Czech Federation is not good.lol

Bartosak, Kovar, Hrubec and Will will probably never seen an NHL game. I'd rather have guys that will.. that includes Vanecek and Vladar who are also very close. Look at Rittich... went to AHL and is now also going to get a good contract this summer (I think).

The Czech Federation seems to think AHL is weak while think Extraliga is strong. AHL has much better players than Extraliga. Even just using Czechs the AHL has Francouz, Necas, Hronek to start. That would be half the all star team in Extraliga.

It's almost like our best Czech prospects 'disappear' when they are in the AHL and that is wrong. I'd also give Zboril and Masin consideration for the team.

Sadly, the only way those players get consideration is if the fail at making the NHL and return to Europe. It doesn't make sense. Even including Extraliga guys... I'd only take very young rookies (like Necas) or aging veterans who are former superstars (Erat, Nedved etc.) but not guys in the middle of their careers. It should be NHL, KHL/AHL, Extraliga in order.
Bartosak would be in the NHL by now had he not been accused of the home violence. Who knows whether he gets another chance in NA, but he's certainly closer to the NHL quality-wise than Vanecek and Vladar. I would too like to see those younger goalies tested, but the coaches won't experiment like that with the tournament right around the corner. It's good there are so many young promising goalies these days though.
And same goes to skaters, I would love to see guys like Spacek or Jasek tested, but simply no time to do that.

I agree Masin and Zboril should get consideration, the defense core is nothing special and for example David Sklenicka with Michal Moravcik didn't have the best AHL seasons and yet they were still invited to the camp. Or Hajek, who was having a terrible season and when called up to the NHL he looked so good. Maybe one Masin/Zboril would surprise the same way.
Finally, who I think should be invited for sure is David Kase. Just like Sklenicka and Moravcik he proved he is capable of playing on the international scene.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I'm watching SVK vs CZE match now ... 1:1 after 1st period. Chytil with very nice baseball shot (scored a goal). But I can say Jakub Kovar is very bad in this pretournament phase.. WTF he was doing vs Panik?

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
I'm watching SVK vs CZE match now ... 1:1 after 1st period. Chytil with very nice baseball shot (scored a goal). But I can say Jakub Kovar is very bad in this pretournament phase.. WTF he was doing vs Panik?
I didn't get it either.... we need Francouz or Mrazek

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Finally, who I think should be invited for sure is David Kase. Just like Sklenicka and Moravcik he proved he is capable of playing on the international scene.

I hope one day I'll see Ondra and David Kase in national team in one line. They are from my hometown :thumbu: but it looks like Ondra is made of glass :( I think he'll have same career as Patrik Stefan. Such a talented player, but with big injury problems.

Last edited:

Babula

May 31, 2012
I hope one day I'll see Ondra and David Kase in national team in one line. They are from my hometown :thumbu: but it looks like Ondra is made of glass :( I think he'll have same carrer as Patrik Stefan. Such a talented player, but with big injury problems.
wow, Kadan I like this town. We need more fathers like Robert (hockey fanatics forever) I really mean it. It is painfull to think about Ondrej injuries. I just have my fingers crossed for his future... I just tried my best for speak out my feelings, pardon me.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Bartosak would be in the NHL by now had he not been accused of the home violence. Who knows whether he gets another chance in NA, but he's certainly closer to the NHL quality-wise than Vanecek and Vladar. I would too like to see those younger goalies tested, but the coaches won't experiment like that with the tournament right around the corner. It's good there are so many young promising goalies these days though.
And same goes to skaters, I would love to see guys like Spacek or Jasek tested, but simply no time to do that.

I agree Masin and Zboril should get consideration, the defense core is nothing special and for example David Sklenicka with Michal Moravcik didn't have the best AHL seasons and yet they were still invited to the camp. Or Hajek, who was having a terrible season and when called up to the NHL he looked so good. Maybe one Masin/Zboril would surprise the same way.

Completely agree about Kase and Spacek. Fantastic players but 'forgotten' because they are in AHL.

Vanecek earned the starting spot over Ilya Samsonov for the playoffs.. so he's doing quite well! I think Masin is now free and everything I've read says he plays the most minutes for his team. Definitely a better season than one of Moravcik/Sklenica (I can't remember which one went to the ECHL and returned home). He'll be fighting for a spot in the NHL on a very strong team next season so that would put him ahead of Jerabek who is also returning home.

Also, still waiting to hear about Vrana (top 6) and Nosek (bottom 6) as they could really help against the stronger stacked NHL teams. Nosek is a former captain of Junior team who spends all season matching up against best players in NHL. It's not Hertl/Pastrnak but both would help us a lot. RFA though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I hope one day I'll see Ondra and David Kase in national team in one line. They are from my hometown :thumbu: but it looks like Ondra is made of glass :( I think he'll have same career as Patrik Stefan. Such a talented player, but with big injury problems.

He was looking so good when he returned from injury.. then he got hurt again!

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
And Kubalik with 3rd czech goal. He almost isn't playing today in 4th line. I noticed him only during czech power plays. But he simply scores every match. Natural scorer :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad