WC: Team CZE - 2019

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't want to run 3 goalies (unless injuries) so, I think, the most logical is to give Bartosak the first 3 games.. so yes to tomorrow and against Russia. Then give Francouz start number 4. Mind you, if Bartosak is 3-0 after playing Sweden, Russia and Norway then I say play him to the end.lol Russians will be a good test and so will the Norwegians. We have a tendancy to not up the intensity enough in those games. This team seems to want to fight, has agitators and some super fast players.. maybe we can build a lead and maintain it? With Faksa, we'll have a team that can drive the Russian's crazy. We are obviously not as skilled (no one is this year) but man we got some hardworking players and pests.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Seems like Bartosak’s job to lose after that performance, no? Francouz should sit out the Russia game as well, as he will likely still be jet lagged.
In a perfect world, Francouz was already there and I'd want him to play Russia... then we'd get a good idea. It's only one game but if Bartosak wants to 'run the table'... I'm fine with it.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Wow.

I didn't expect much from the team yesterday but that was a great game. Beyond a weak 2nd period, that was excellent execution and play.

Pro's

-Rapid transition from defense to attack. Very nice.
-Excellent precision passing among the players and good movement to create space.
-D-men are involved in offence and help to set up plays.
-Very impressed with Simon, didn't realise he had that much skill.
-Jaskin played a good physical game and caused trouble every time he was on the ice.
-Vrana has a great shot.
-Bartosak was solid but not amazing.

Con's

-Unnecessary penalties.
-Rutta looked a bit shaky, made a few mistakes.

It's still a bit early, but if we continue to play this way we have a good chance of going quite far. Fingers crossed!

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
Pro's

-Excellent precision passing among the players and good movement to create space.
-Jaskin played a good physical game and caused trouble every time he was on the ice.
-Vrana has a great shot.

Con's

-Unnecessary penalties.

Simon looks really good, somehow reminds me of Crosby lol. As I said yesterday, hope he gets more confidence which shall be reflected on his next season. He has to work on the face-off skills though.

Jaškin played exactly what is expected from him, hope that some deflection goes to the net today. However, not quite satisfied with his dive, coaches better tell players to watch out as it is not quite nice to hear yelling about the "diving nation".

Bartošák had 2-3 important saves, couldn't do anything with second goal. I guess he couldn't have been exposed to harded game in debut, shall see if he plays today.

Same opinion on Rutta, Moravčík played well though, as opposed to the previous games in Brno (same as Kovář, obviously). Rutta should go up, but I wouldn't be mad if coaches tried Zámorský instead.

It's still a bit early, but if we continue to play this way we have a good chance of going quite far. Fingers crossed!

Exactly, but we all know that in QF everything is forgotten. I bet we'll play Canada and that would be unfortunate.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
Also, Bartošák's son was born last night. A day to remember indeed - congratulations!

ed./ His name is Damian and he was born today around 9:30. Bartošák was present in childbirth and is expected to return to Bratislava during the early afternoon.

Last edited:

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Also, Bartošák's son was born last night. A day to remember indeed - congratulations!
Bartošák was present in childbirth and is expected to return to Bratislava during the early afternoon.

Do you guys remember football EURO in 1996, when lucky son of czech fotball Vlada Smicer flew to Prague from England, he got married and in the evening he was back in London :laugh:

Good for Bartosak it was only from Bratislava to Brno:laugh:

Reactions: Chevx

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
As every year, many people were wrong about Kovar. He plays so good for national team. Pass to Kubalik was absolutely awesome :thumbu:
Kovar and Cervenka get way too bad a rap. They always show and play well. We shouldn't get mad at our players that always show up for us.

I don't want either on my first line anymore but Kovar was a beautiful 3C. Him and Jaskin are mini Brad Marchands.. they create offence and they just piss everyone off!

I think Larsson went to bed dreaming of killing Jaskin. Jaskin totally get under his skin and he is on the Top pair. Our 3rd liner getting the top pair D that upset is a win for us as I'll take those coincidental penalties all day.

The dive was upsetting and I really don't think that is the Czech way at all. No divers in NHL that I can think of. Maybe Necas one day.lol

I'd like to see Vrana on line 2 (or 1) and Jaskin and Kovar on line 3 together. Our third line was the key to success yesterday. I can't remember the last time we had such a lethal 3rd line.

Stinks about no Faksa till Thursday. That will probably be Francouz's first game as well. I'd have to look at schedule. If we have another back to back, I'd like Francouz to get the second one. Really curious what we all think of Bartosak on Tuesday morning. I think he played well but he definitely lost sight of the puck several times and seemed to get 'small' at times. However, his confidence (from game and being a Dad) might change that. Goalies are more mental than physical.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Wow.

I didn't expect much from the team yesterday but that was a great game. Beyond a weak 2nd period, that was excellent execution and play.

Pro's

-Vrana has a great shot.

Con's

-Unnecessary penalties.

Simon was a huge plus. He might be this year's Jaskin. Plays a very modern game. I think his faceoffs aren't good because he doesn't always play Centre. He either plays 10 minutes a night in bottom 6 or in Top 6 with Crosby who takes the faceoffs. He's interesting becasue you get the impression that Pen's fans very much love the guy! There might be more there.

Rutta signed for another year in Tampa. Hopefully he doesn't block Masin. Happy he gets another year in NHL.

Funny as Rutta, Sulak, Kempny, Jerabek and Simek all came over to make the NHL. Jerabek is done. Sulak is 50/50. Simek and Kempny both got hurt but clearly established themselves as NHL quality players. Rutta got another year. It's very hard to leave Europe in your mid 20's and they all pulled it off (along with Rittich, Radil sort of)

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Robin Hanzl is leaving the team today, which mean Tomášek should make the roster (if no one else from NHL is coming). Also Francouz join the team today, but Bartošák should be in net against Russia. Faksa will arrive tomorrow, there is still some problem with his shoulder.

Reactions: Czechboy

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Why is Jaskin on the second line over Vrana? Jaskin was a healthy scratch the majority of the season and Vrana is a 20 goal scorer. I’m confused.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Why is Jaskin on the second line over Vrana? Jaskin was a healthy scratch the majority of the season and Vrana is a 20 goal scorer. I’m confused.
I think the answer was because Vrana had never played on the national team before and Riha didn't know him. Vrana didn't play any of the exhibition games and was eased into it.

The second game saw Jaskin on Line 4 and Vrana on line 2. I'd like Jaskin on 3rd line but I speculate the coaches weren't happy with his dives and moved him further down to line 4?

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Robin Hanzl is leaving the team today, which mean Tomášek should make the roster (if no one else from NHL is coming). Also Francouz join the team today, but Bartošák should be in net against Russia. Faksa will arrive tomorrow, there is still some problem with his shoulder.
Hanzl, Jordan and Polasek.. .Riha definitely went with some surprises.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Hanzl left Bratislava as Gulaš arrived. I'm not sure if I like this move.
No... It's a tinker move that can only screw with chemistry. Neither guy will make a huge difference in offence but hanzl could've made a difference in a shootout as he is very good and the north American goalies don't know him!

I'm not even sure if we should add more NHL guys unless they are eliminated soon. I would've taken Mrazek! He might be free by Thursday but we have 3 goalies signed.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Is Riha an idi*t? Why he allowed that empty net goal? We would be better than Sweden in situation when Sweden will defet Russia :help:

Reactions: Czechboy

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Is Riha an idi*t? Why he allowed that empty net goal? We would be better than Sweden in situation when Sweden will defet Russia :help:
It'still an unlikely situation, as there is lots of hockey left and upsets are expected. But yeah, his decision was plain stupid (also given how horribly has our PP looked the whole game, I can't see how he could have thought they'd wake up and score 2 goals on a 6 against 5).

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Shame. Russian's were better. Losing now is better than losing in quarters. Wonder if we go 6-1 again this year?

Curious where Faksa, Gulas and Francouz end up.

Now cheering for Sweden to beat Russia by 4 goals.lol

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
We played way too passively in the first 40 minutes, they had too much respect (suprisingly) for the Russians and it cost us the game. Our legs weren't going and the agressive forecheck and puck movement were nowhere to be seen.
Russia played great though, no panicking, calm and steady game, discipline - scary team.

Another thing that brings us down is the powerplay, both units seem rather shaky and show zero chemistry. I'm not sure whether Gulas will play but imo we could really use him on that left circle. Luckily they still have a lot of time to work on stuff, it is a one game tournament afterall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad