WC: Team Canada Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Hockey Canada doesn't release/and I'm not even sure they contact players about the WHC while the season is still ongoing. The only reason why we know about McDavid is that Klefbom informed the Swedish media...and my bet is Hockey Canada hasn't contacted McDavid yet, but McDavid's interest in playing is just lockeroom banter.
a couple of teammates talking about playing/not playing.

I've got a good feeling he plays though, he just seems like that kind of kid. Plus I am sure he thinks Canada has a good chance of winning and he would like to clear the stench of this season in Edmonton from his nostrils with a championship.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I've got a good feeling he plays though, he just seems like that kind of kid. Plus I am sure he thinks Canada has a good chance of winning and he would like to clear the stench of this season in Edmonton from his nostrils with a championship.

oh, I believe he wants to play and will most likely make the trip to Denmark. but I still don't believe Hockey Canada is actively talking to players about it while the season is ongoing. As far as I know HC has yet to name a GM for this event. and even if I were an NHL GM with a connection to Hockey Canada, I'd be a little put out at my players being contacted and asked about it while we were still playing games. Save it for a day or two after they clean out their lockers. There's plenty of time.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Full roster

Benn Getzlaf Seguin
Hall McDavid MacKinnon
Huberdeau-Monahan- Barzal
Schwartz-Shenn-O’Reilly

Horvat

Pietrangelo-Pareyko
Hamilton-Giordano
Burns-Keith

Brodie

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
oh, I believe he wants to play and will most likely make the trip to Denmark. but I still don't believe Hockey Canada is actively talking to players about it while the season is ongoing. As far as I know HC has yet to name a GM for this event. and even if I were an NHL GM with a connection to Hockey Canada, I'd be a little put out at my players being contacted and asked about it while we were still playing games. Save it for a day or two after they clean out their lockers. There's plenty of time.

Yeah, I don't believe they contact anyone until the season is over and agreed that it would not be good form to be contacting players while they are still playing n.h.l games.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I need to see McDavid and Barzal together. Dat speeeeed

Not sure how well that would work, both like to have the puck as much as possible and both are pass first guys(though Mcdavid is shooting the puck more as he grows his game)

It sounds good in theory in terms of killing the opposition with speed but I have a suspicion it would not work out all that well in reality.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure how well that would work, both like to have the puck as much as possible and both are pass first guys(though Mcdavid is shooting the puck more as he grows his game)

It sounds good in theory in terms of killing the opposition with speed but I have a suspicion it would not work out all that well in reality.

Run them on two separate lines and use unparalleled speed down the middle.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
So here's a rendition of the lineup. same deal as last time, I will be including players from the teams in both conferences holding down those last 2 wildcards.

Forwards:
Benn - McDavid - Barzal
O'Reilly - MacKinnon - Duchene
Huberdeau - Monahan - Horvat
Schwartz - Schenn - Ghallager

Extra: Hoffman

Defensemen:
Giordano - Parayko
Matheson - Manson
Scandella - Montour

Extra: Nurse

Goaltenders:
Smith
Allen

Last edited:

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
So here's a rendition of the lineup. same deal as last time, I will be including players from the teams in both conferences holding down those last 2 wildcards.

Forwards:
Benn - McDavid - Barzal
O'Reilly - MacKinnon - Duchene
Huberdeau - Monahan - Horvat
Schwartz - Schenn - Ghallager

Extra: Hoffman

Defensemen:
Giordano - Parayko
Matheson - Manson
Scandella - Montour

Extra: Nurse

Goaltenders:
Smith
Allen

+ some players after first ROUND SC)

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
+ some players after first ROUND SC)
Playoffs are too unpredictable to include first round exit players atm. You also have to include the factors as to who would accept and who would decline after being knocked out of the first round. Until the conclusion of the first round is decided, this is my roster selection.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Playoffs are too unpredictable to include first round exit players atm. You also have to include the factors as to who would accept and who would decline after being knocked out of the first round. Until the conclusion of the first round is decided, this is my roster selection.
You can scratch Monahan off your roster.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Just throw a finisher on that line, the space they'll create will provide plenty of opportunities. I think both are more than capable playing away from the puck.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Just throw a finisher on that line, the space they'll create will provide plenty of opportunities. I think both are more than capable playing away from the puck.

Maybe but they both still crave the puck on their stick, don't know how they mesh.

Scratching my beard here thinking about it.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Sean Burke and Martin Broduer are apparently co-GMs for the WHC team, according to Nick Kyperos on HNIC.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Burke has experience in management at this tournament from before and Brodeur has been involved in management for a few years now. Not bad picks if true.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
too bad about Monahan. I guess that means our pal ROR is back in.

The After Hours crew talked about perhaps Price is interested in playing. It was late. I was half asleep, so maybe I just heard it wrong.

when it was floated that RNH was open to playing I was opposed. still am, but since McDavid is playing well and taking over the scoring race with RNH on his wing, bring him along. I have Reinhart on his right side based solely on the fact that they played well together at U18 5 years ago. If it doesn't work, then Toffoli gets moved up and Sam can play RW for his Buffalo pal, ROR.

L.A. fell out of the top 8. Doughty and McDavid seem to have a mutual admiration bromance going on, so maybe Connor makes a call to Drew and says, I need the best D-man in the world on my team...and Drew agrees.

but Drew has a wedding planned in August... so, that may be all Drew needs to back out of this.

Dubois hasn't been getting much done the last month or so, but I'll keep him for now.

Ekblad finally makes an appearance. He's been playing better, but if Minnesota drops out, I still prefer Spurgeon. but Ekblad paired with Matherson would be fine.

TOR/CBJ and SLB are the 1st.round late additions. Yes, Mackinnon moves on to the 2nd. rd. and thus not available this year.

with Dallas out and L.A. out, I'm hoping for a Benn Carter Seguin line...but that is too optimistic even for me.

RNH

C MCDAVID

S REINHART

J BAILEY

M BARZAL

J EBERLE

J HUBERDEAU

R O’REILLY

T TOFFOLI

J SCHWARTZ

B HORVAT

B GALLAGHER
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

P.L. DUBOIS C MAKAR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

J MUZZIN

D DOUGHTY

M RIELLY

A PIETRANGELO

M GIORDANO

D HAMILTON

M MATHESON

A EKBLAD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

C PRICE

C TALBOT

KEVIN POULIN (reward for Spengler and Olympics) Plays 1 game v South Korea
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
@Mr Writer You don't think Marner would get an invite if you are including Rielly?

sure, Marner is one of my favorite young players, top 5, but all but 2 of the forward spots are players not making the playoffs. 4th line LW and 13th. forward are the late additions, therefore there are no roles roles for Marner once he becomes available.

It's just fantasy roster, dude. If the leafs were a non-playoff team I'd probably have Kadri, Marner along with Rielly. I like the progess in Kadri's game with Babcock.

Getting quality d-men to this tournament is the bigger challenge than getting quality forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad