WC: Team Canada Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
too bad about Monahan. I guess that means our pal ROR is back in.

The After Hours crew talked about perhaps Price is interested in playing. It was late. I was half asleep, so maybe I just heard it wrong.

when it was floated that RNH was open to playing I was opposed. still am, but since McDavid is playing well and taking over the scoring race with RNH on his wing, bring him along. I have Reinhart on his right side based solely on the fact that they played well together at U18 5 years ago. If it doesn't work, then Toffoli gets moved up and Sam can play RW for his Buffalo pal, ROR.

L.A. fell out of the top 8. Doughty and McDavid seem to have a mutual admiration bromance going on, so maybe Connor makes a call to Drew and says, I need the best D-man in the world on my team...and Drew agrees.

but Drew has a wedding planned in August... so, that may be all Drew needs to back out of this.

Dubois hasn't been getting much done the last month or so, but I'll keep him for now.

Ekblad finally makes an appearance. He's been playing better, but if Minnesota drops out, I still prefer Spurgeon. but Ekblad paired with Matherson would be fine.

TOR/CBJ and SLB are the 1st.round late additions. Yes, Mackinnon moves on to the 2nd. rd. and thus not available this year.

with Dallas out and L.A. out, I'm hoping for a Benn Carter Seguin line...but that is too optimistic even for me.

RNHC MCDAVIDS REINHART
J BAILEYM BARZALJ EBERLE
J HUBERDEAUR O’REILLYT TOFFOLI
J SCHWARTZB HORVATB GALLAGHER
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
P.L. DUBOIS C MAKAR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
J MUZZIND DOUGHTY
M RIELLYA PIETRANGELO
M GIORDANOD HAMILTON
M MATHESONA EKBLAD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
C PRICE
C TALBOT
KEVIN POULIN (reward for Spengler and Olympics) Plays 1 game v South Korea
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Drews getting married?

Cross him off the list then

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
In addition to Doughty, it was said at the all star game (by Subban) that Pietangelo's wife is pregnant with triplets. His wife unfortunately miscarried last year so if Subban is a good source we shouldn't expect Pietrangelo.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
In addition to Doughty, it was said at the all star game (by Subban) that Pietangelo's wife is pregnant with triplets. His wife unfortunately miscarried last year so if Subban is a good source we shouldn't expect Pietrangelo.

understandable. My wife and I are expecting our 1st. in about 4 weeks. I'm a wreck. she's as cool as cucumber raiding my doritos stash daily.

I guess it will have to be Parayko to take his place. or one of the Minnesota d. I say it every year, but one of these years Spurgeon has to answer the damn phone.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
bonus roster for our TML fan friend who would like to see Marner get consideration over a few others.

And assuming MacKinnon will be available and wants to give this another shot...and what if we cut the umbilical cord of Barzal - Eberle and allow him to adapt to different players closer to him in age and skillset. It wouldn't be a bad thing at all... and boy...can this team make the ice melt with their speed.

J BENN

C MCDAVID

T SEGUIN

T HALL

N MACKINNON

J CARTER

J HUBERDEAU

M BARZAL

M MARNER

J SCHWARTZ

S COUTURIER

T KONECNY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

P.L. DUBOIS C MAKAR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

J MUZZIN

D DOUGHTY

M RIELLY

C PARAYKO

M GIORDANO

D HAMILTON

M MATHESON

A EKBLAD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

C PRICE

C TALBOT

KEVIN POULIN (reward for Spengler and Olympics) Plays 1 game v South Korea
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
understandable. My wife and I are expecting our 1st. in about 4 weeks. I'm a wreck. she's as cool as cucumber raiding my doritos stash daily.

I guess it will have to be Parayko to take his place. or one of the Minnesota d. I say it every year, but one of these years Spurgeon has to answer the damn phone.

Good for you. Not on the Doritos front obviously.

Keith-Ekblad
Giordano-Hamilton
Burns-Brodie

solid D line

Keith has been pretty bad this year. He might have value as a veteran guy, but unless almost all of the defencemen are young I hope he isn't invited.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Good for you. Not on the Doritos front obviously.

Keith has been pretty bad this year. He might have value as a veteran guy, but unless almost all of the defencemen are young I hope he isn't invited.
ok.
Jeff Carter still play good? He player for A team right now?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
ok.
Jeff Carter still play good? He player for A team right now?

Carter is fine, I'm not sure if he would make an A team right now but it is a possibility. I really doubt that he would go to this tournament though considering how he hasn't gone in any of his recent opportunities and, to continue baby watch, he now has two small kids.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Carter is fine, I'm not sure if he would make an A team right now but it is a possibility. I really doubt that he would go to this tournament though considering how he hasn't gone in any of his recent opportunities and, to continue baby watch, he now has two small kids.
And what you think about Towes?
In these season Towes play not good. In Russia many people think what Towes overrated player.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
And what you think about Towes?
In these season Towes play not good. In Russia many people think what Towes overreated player.

I would take Toews on the team. Good leadership, experience and still a good two way forward. I would want him on the third or fourth line though.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

Won't be this year, Spurgeon is hurt.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
No call yet from Canada

Talbot hasn’t been asked to play for Canada at the worlds in Denmark, but even if he was invited he said the final decision would probably be up to his wife, with two little twin girls that would have to be transported all the way to Europe after he gets there with the Canadian team.
Talbot rang up four shutouts, one a 2-0 win over Finland to give Canada the gold in 2016. Habs goalie Carey Price hasn’t shut the door on going. He’d be Hockey Canada’s No. 1 choice in net.
We can expect Oilers captain Connor McDavid, who got the winning goal for Canada over the Finns in 2016, to attend along with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Defenceman Darnell Nurse would definitely benefit from a shot in Denmark off his season. So would Jesse Puljujarvi for the Finns.
Cooper Marody ahead of other Edmonton Oilers prospects

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
No call yet from Canada

Talbot hasn’t been asked to play for Canada at the worlds in Denmark, but even if he was invited he said the final decision would probably be up to his wife, with two little twin girls that would have to be transported all the way to Europe after he gets there with the Canadian team.
Talbot rang up four shutouts, one a 2-0 win over Finland to give Canada the gold in 2016. Habs goalie Carey Price hasn’t shut the door on going. He’d be Hockey Canada’s No. 1 choice in net.
We can expect Oilers captain Connor McDavid, who got the winning goal for Canada over the Finns in 2016, to attend along with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Defenceman Darnell Nurse would definitely benefit from a shot in Denmark off his season. So would Jesse Puljujarvi for the Finns.
Cooper Marody ahead of other Edmonton Oilers prospects

Nurse is a RFA. so, highly doubtful.

PlayPuck

Mar 26, 2018
McDavid and Nugent-Hopkins are confirmed according to Oscar Klefbom( weird, I know). We have to remember that having McDavid at the tournament is going to be a big draw for top-end players. Especially those wanting to join the triple gold club(Doughty, Keith.....). I'm assuming the Kings and Devils don't make the playoffs.

DucheneMcDavid (A) J Carter

Benn

Seguin
Barzal
HallNugent-HopkinsJ. Bailey
HorvatO'Rielly(C)Gallagher
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

O'Rielly has been a part of 5 World Championships, including 3 straight from 2015. He's won 2 golds and a silver. He leads the league in FO% by a wide margin, and provides grit along with Horvat.

Extras:
Mark Stone, Jonathan Drouin.

MuzzinDoughty
GiordanoD Hamilton
Keith (A)Hamonic
Scandella
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Price
Ward
Kuemper

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Assuming Talbot doesn't want to participate.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
McDavid and Nugent-Hopkins are confirmed according to Oscar Klefbom( weird, I know). We have to remember that having McDavid at the tournament is going to be a big draw for top-end players. Especially those wanting to join the triple gold club(Doughty, Keith.....). I'm assuming the Kings and Devils don't make the playoffs.

BennSeguinBarzal
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
O'Rielly has been a part of 5 World Championships, including 3 straight from 2015. He's won 2 golds and a silver. He leads the league in FO% by a wide margin, and provides grit along with Horvat.

Extras:

MuzzinDoughty
GiordanoD Hamilton
Keith (A)Hamonic
Scandella
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Price
Ward
Kuemper
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ya, I don't believe that it has been confirmed at all, that was Klefbom revealing locker-room talk to a Swedish reporter.

Do McDavid and RNH want or are open to playing/accepting an invite, I would say yes.

decent enough roster. after the L.A. pair, the D-group is iffy...I'd be a disappointed if that's the group we end up sending.

Also, not sure why you'd put Horvat at 4th. line LW over Schwartz. I mean if both are available (which they currently are) Schwartz is the better option here. and not by a little bit, but by a lot.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The propaganda effort that is the "triple gold club" never ceases to amaze me. I highly doubt that players will be motivated to participate by the IIHF invented award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

named to the gig yesterday...

so, not sure how invites went out to players last week before these 2 were named as GM and co-GM. which is why I say Klefblom's chatter was just locker-room chatter.

not sure if Burke's/Brodeur's NHL affiliations will mean anything...most likely not. but if Marty brings along 2-3 key SLB players. I'd consider that a +.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

BennSeguinBarzal
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Extras:

MuzzinDoughty
GiordanoD Hamilton
Keith (A)Hamonic
Scandella
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Price
Ward
Kuemper
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Whats iffy about Giordano,Hamilton,Keith,Hamonic and Scandella ?

Those guys are good defensemen, along with Doughty and Muzzin that would be considered the best defense in the tournament, at least on paper.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Whats iffy about Giordano,Hamilton,Keith,Hamonic and Scandella ?

Those guys are good defensemen, along with Doughty and Muzzin that would be considered the best defense in the tournament, at least on paper.

sorry. meant to say outside the top 4. I do include Gio/Hamilton in most of my fantasy rosters.

Keith? I'm okay if he went, although I'd rather he didn't. the other 2? Hamonic/ Scandella. I don't think Hamonic is cut out for international ice. Scandella. I've wanted him in years gone by, but not impressed with the year he's put in. although I haven't seen him in recent months. wanted to watch TML v Buffalo last night, but other obligations came up. His brother plays for Italy, so maybe he'll finally decide on a family reunion.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
sorry. meant to say outside the top 4. I do include Gio/Hamilton in most of my fantasy rosters.

Keith? I'm okay if he went, although I'd rather he didn't. the other 2? Hamonic/ Scandella. I don't think Hamonic is cut out for international ice. Scandella. I've wanted him in years gone by, but not impressed with the year he's put in. although I haven't seen him in recent months. wanted to watch TML v Buffalo last night, but other obligations came up. His brother plays for Italy, so maybe he'll finally decide on a family reunion.

The games I've watched of Buffalo this year scandella has been their best D and from reading the sabres board all year they pretty much all seem to think the same thing.

But I suppose one could say that isn't saying much....................the bar isn't too high in Buffalo. Still, he did look solid from my viewings, I would be o.k with him being there, quality d-men can be hard to get over at this thing for us. We could do much worse then Scandella.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
Keith-Ekblad
Giordano-Hamilton
Burns-Brodie

solid D line

Why are You naming Burns, Getzlaf, Carter, Doughty etc to Your line-ups? All of San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles will make Play-offs and these players won't play at WC. The only superstars that won't be in PO are Seguin, Benn and McDavid. Benn didn't play in IIHF WC since 2012 and doesn't have any medal, I think he'll go. Seguin has gold from 2015, but I think he'll go along with Benn and McDavid said to his teammate that he will go.

Reactions: cg98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad