WC: Team Canada Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
time for a bump

Not sure who I want to see play with McDavid more, Hall or JH? For some reason I'm curious to see how JH would play off McD.

As many know, I'm no fan of the bobbsey twins from Anaheim, but since Perry won redemption for 2012 in 2016, then Getzlaf and Benn should get their shot at it. given that Dallas seems to be going off the rails and prime to make an early playoff exit. if they even make the POs.

T HALL / J HUBERDEAUC MCDAVIDJ BAILEY
J BENN R GETZLAFT SEGUIN
T HALL / J HUBERDEAUM BARZALJ EBERLE
J SCHWARTZS MONAHANB GALLAGHER
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
P.L. DUBOIS B HORVAT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
T.J. BRODIEA PIETRANGELO
M. E. VLASIC B BURNS
M GIORDANOD HAMILTON
M MATHESONC PARAYKO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
J ALLEN
M JONES
KEVIN POULIN (reward for Spengler and Olympics) Plays 1 game v South Korea
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

+ N MACKINNON after first round

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
+ N MACKINNON after first round

YOU do not need to remind me of Canadian players. I'm fully aware of Canadian players. If I do not include a player such as MacKinnon, a top, young player with a history of being open to playing this tournament, it is for a reason. The reason, I believe, Avs have a 50/50 shot at taking out Vegas. therefore Mackinnon will not be available. I hope in fact the Avs do take out the Knights. I'd rather Nate make a deep run in the NHL playoffs than play in this tournament for the 5th. time.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
YOU do not need to remind me of Canadian players. I'm fully aware of Canadian players. If I do not include a player such as MacKinnon, a top, young player with a history of being open to playing this tournament, it is for a reason. The reason, I believe, Avs have a 50/50 shot at taking out Vegas. therefore Mackinnon will not be available. I hope in fact the Avs do take out the Knights. I'd rather Nate make a deep run in the NHL playoffs than play in this tournament for the 5th. time.
OK.
Which canadian players can accept invite after 1 sc round?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
OK.
Which canadian players can accept invite after 1 sc round?

It's difficult to guess that because we don't know what teams will make the playoffs. If Dallas makes it, then Benn and Seguin might be good chances for Canada. If San Jose loses then Vlasic and Burns are realistic too.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
It's difficult to guess that because we don't know what teams will make the playoffs. If Dallas makes it, then Benn and Seguin might be good chances for Canada. If San Jose loses then Vlasic and Burns are realistic too.

exactly this. thank you. and I highlight late additions in bold.

and given now that I can see a scenario whereby the Avs take out the Knights, I'd rather Reilly Smith over Josh Bailey. and perhaps even Marchessault. perhaps if the current trend continues, next weekend's roster update will include those players. Lots of new player options that look promising.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
exactly this. thank you. and I highlight late additions in bold.

and given now that I can see a scenario whereby the Avs take out the Knights, I'd rather Reilly Smith over Josh Bailey. and perhaps even Marchessault. perhaps if the current trend continues, next weekend's roster update will include those players. Lots of new player options that look promising.

The first thing I am curious about is who the GM and coach will be. Assuming that it is an NHL GM I hope it isn't Bergevin or Armstrong, both of whom have Hockey Canada connections. I'm hoping for Peters as coach as his team played really well in 2016.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
+ Brad Treliving
will be bad choice

Since he couldn't convince any of his good players to participate in 2016, I must agree. The manager isn't a huge deal, but I prefer someone decent or who has good players on his NHL team. Nill did a good job in 2015 and Hextall did well with Philadelphia players in 2017.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Since he couldn't convince any of his good players to participate in 2016, I must agree. The manager isn't a huge deal, but I prefer someone decent or who has good players on his NHL team. Nill did a good job in 2015 and Hextall did well with Philadelphia players in 2017.

How about that Nathan Mackinnon? Goddamn. I wasn't surprised by his success in his rookie year. I wasn't even all that surprised by his sophomore slump, but holy smokes...I haven't seen him this good and dominant since his Mem Cup run. I think of all the playoff matchups - Avs v Knights is the one I want to watch....and just to watch Nate do his thing.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
How about that Nathan Mackinnon? Goddamn. I wasn't surprised by his success in his rookie year. I wasn't even all that surprised by his sophomore slump, but holy smokes...I haven't seen him this good and dominant since his Mem Cup run. I think of all the playoff matchups - Avs v Knights is the one I want to watch....and just to watch Nate do his thing.

MacKinnon is playing better than I ever expected, probably the best or second best player this year. Tremendous confidence right now.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Interessting scoop by the Bear. I'm not sure how to assess this news. I thought that those links looked sketchy, but TSN is reporting the same thing:

Klefbom: McDavid to play for Canada at WHC - Article - TSN

What it says though is that basically Klefbom says that McDavid is going. He also says that he believes that Nugent-Hopkins is going. I'd say it's a positive but I'm not taking it as definitive unless Hockey Canada or McDavid himself say it.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Interessting scoop by the Bear. I'm not sure how to assess this news. I thought that those links looked sketchy, but TSN is reporting the same thing:

Klefbom: McDavid to play for Canada at WHC - Article - TSN

What it says though is that basically Klefbom says that McDavid is going. He also says that he believes that Nugent-Hopkins is going. I'd say it's a positive but I'm not taking it as definitive unless Hockey Canada or McDavid himself say it.

a little early for Klefbom to be letting those little nuggets slip to the media. They still have their day jobs to worry about.
thrilled of course that McDavy is in... not so much for RNH, though. but it depends a lot on where he fits in and what the roster looks when complete. I wouldn't be extending him an invite until first wave of invites/declines come in.

Last edited:
Reactions: A91

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Great to get McDavid. Would love to see another powerhouse steam roller team like 2015 Prague. What a joy that tournament was.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Goalie: Price, Talbot, Poulin
D-Men Pair: Keith-Pietrangelo
Muzzin-Doughty
Scandella-Ekblad

Lines: Huberdeau-McDavid-Mantha
Schenn-Duchene-Carter
Skinner-Horvat-O'Reilly
Domi-Toews-Gallagher

Extra: Couturier, Marner, Hamilton/Hamonic

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Allen,Poulin + player after 1 sc

Huberdeau-McDavid-Schenn
Benn-Getzlaf-Seguin
J SCHWARTZ MONAHAN-BARZAL
HORVAT-Toews-O'Reilly

Pietrangelo-Pareyko
Hamilton-Giordano
Keith-Ekblad or Brodie-Muzzin/Daughty

+ some players after 1 sc round

Burns/Vlasic or Hall/Couture / N MACKINNON

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Well, Canada could really boast a fantastic Team this year. I love watching great Teams. I hope everybody who is realistically available will answer the call.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I know winning is a big priority here, but I'd like to see some young guys on this team like Jost, Dubois, Pearson, Chychurn, Barzal, Horvat, Mantha and maybe even Beauvillier. I'd like to see these kids over guys like O'Reilly, MacKinnon, etc. Seeing the same players every year ruins the tournament for me, I like seeing young, excited faces winning the WHC, not vets.

Benn - McDavid - Dubois
Huberdeau - Barzal - Schwartz
Domi - Horvat - Anderson
Pearson - Nugent-Hopkins - Jost/R.Smith
Reinhart

Chychurn - Pietrangelo
Keith - Severson
Scandella - Green
Girard/Chabot

Allen
Talbot

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed27

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Goalie: Price, Talbot, Poulin
D-Men Pair: Keith-Pietrangelo
Muzzin-Doughty
Scandella-Ekblad

Lines: Huberdeau-McDavid-Mantha
Schenn-Duchene-Carter
Skinner-Horvat-O'Reilly
Domi-Toews-Gallagher

Extra: Couturier, Marner, Hamilton/Hamonic

As much as I’d like to see it, I’d put the chances of Price going as less than 1%. Very unlikely Toews or Keith would go either.

I think Bailey and Barzal would deserve spots with the years they’re having.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Hopefully early talk of McDavid willing to play creates something of a McBump and inspires a few other A-team players to jump at the opportunity to play with young Connor.

Prague Powerhouse 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad