WC: Team Canada Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Why the hell didnt Chabot play????I get the kid is young,but the skating and the skill were made for that larger ice game.....Kid was good enough for almost 30 points in 60 nhl games as a rookie but not good enough for this tourney??
He played bronze game

Reactions: topshelf15

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
McDavid probably having nightmares of this past Oiler season with this tournament.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
McDavid,Pareyko,Barzal and PLD play good. (and he deserve invite in next year) RNH,Ekblad,Eberle.Bailey, Murray play very lousy. Edmundson Nurse have afwul
performance.

I dont know. Nurse and Edmundson play very bad
Why do you think Edmundson was awful?

He took too many penalties, which cost the team on a couple of occasions. But he also played very solid defense, lead the team in +/- (+11...second best among all d-men in the tournament), and even chipped in 4 points (1G 3A) in 9 games.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Why do you think Edmundson was awful?

He took too many penalties, which cost the team on a couple of occasions. But he also played very solid defense, lead the team in +/- (+11...second best among all d-men in the tournament), and even chipped in 4 points (1G 3A) in 9 games.

in the 4 games I saw, I wasn't overly impressed. I wouldn't say no to him getting another crack at it at some point, but certainly not as a top pairing D-man playing 19-20 minutes TOI. 4th pairing 8 minutes TOI would be about right for him. He's just not a NT big ice player.

and if teams like LAK and SLB find themselves bounced yet again next year, then it's time for players like Doughty and Pietrangleo to finally chip in and accept the call. Hockey Canada shouldn't have to rely on the same cast of characters year in year out. enough with the excuses from those 2. more so Doughty than Alex. Alex had legit family reasons. but Hockey Canada should make it clear to all those who show up for their annual summer soiree, if you haven't played in this tournament more than once in the past 5 years, you are expected to accept the call if available and healthy.

oh, and I hope Fabbri is fully recovered and has a monster comeback year. I've always been a Fabbri fan.

Reactions: stl76

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Canada roster 2019 (dream scenario) - full roster with players afer 2 sc round
GM Jim Neil

M.Jones or Murray

Hall Scheifele Seguin
Marner McDavid MacKinnon
Couture Tavares R Smith
Johansen Couturier Monahan
Marchessault

Hamilton-Brodie
Daughty-Mazzin
Pietrangelo-Burns
Pareyko

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
in the 4 games I saw, I wasn't overly impressed. I wouldn't say no to him getting another crack at it at some point, but certainly not as a top pairing D-man playing 19-20 minutes TOI. 4th pairing 8 minutes TOI would be about right for him. He's just not a NT big ice player.

and if teams like LAK and SLB find themselves bounced yet again next year, then it's time for players like Doughty and Pietrangleo to finally chip in and accept the call. Hockey Canada shouldn't have to rely on the same cast of characters year in year out. enough with the excuses from those 2. more so Doughty than Alex. Alex had legit family reasons. but Hockey Canada should make it clear to all those who show up for their annual summer soiree, if you haven't played in this tournament more than once in the past 5 years, you are expected to accept the call if available and healthy.

oh, and I hope Fabbri is fully recovered and has a monster comeback year. I've always been a Fabbri fan.

.....Alex will continue to have legit family reasons to decline a hypothetical invite and if Team Canada applied such a heavy handed approach I think his response would be a polite but firm no (given his personality).

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
.....Alex will continue to have legit family reasons to decline a hypothetical invite and if Team Canada applied such a heavy handed approach I think his response would be a polite but firm no (given his personality).

then my response would be a polite, you have legit reasons to skip the next best on best tournament (if we see one) as well.

thanks for playing. we'll give your spot to one of Burns, Subban, Ellis, Parayko.

Alex is good...but not irreplaceable. Doughty Burns Ellis and Subban as RD suits me just fine...and doesn't diminish Canada as gold medal contenders at all.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
oh boy lol

I don't get it, on paper Canada was definitely top 2. Piss poor goaltending and the team didn't blend, could've easily gotten a medal...just an all around mess of a Tournament this year in general, even by World Championship standards.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Yeah very poor result this year.. I just find it hard to believe that the Canadian management could not have found better goalie options then two career backups..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->