Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Looks like the numbers will be dark and not an issue. I actually love that they didn’t use any white on the home jerseys- it adds to the uniqueness of this team. Off the top of my head, Vegas is the only other team that doesn’t use any white for their home jerseys.
the-kraken-primary-logo-white-authentic-jersey-0a.jpg
I'm talking about the Dark Blue jerseys with the Light blue numbers. Even if they opted for Light Blue on the Whites, it would be fine. Only in the original LA Kings era of Gretzky when they first went with Silver Numbers on the White, it was a bit tough to see.

Reactions: Butch 19

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I'm talking about the Dark Blue jerseys with the Light blue numbers. Even if they opted for Light Blue on the Whites, it would be fine. Only in the original LA Kings era of Gretzky when they first went with Silver Numbers on the White, it was a bit tough to see.
My bad. Check out these Toronto Argos unis though. It might be a different story trying to read the numbers from a distance/on tv, but if anything the Kraken darks should be a wee little bit darker than the Argos and create a little more contrast, and the numbers seem to pop nicely on the Argos.
CFL-GAM-IMG-190928-SSK-TOR_0207-1600x1067.jpg

Ike8228

Aug 19, 2019
Is it just me or have the colors of this board thread been the colors of the Kraken the whole time and we didn’t even realize? Minus the light blue...mind blown

Smehlik MyFinger

Sep 16, 2017
Looks like the numbers will be dark and not an issue. I actually love that they didn’t use any white on the home jerseys- it adds to the uniqueness of this team. Off the top of my head, Vegas is the only other team that doesn’t use any white for their home jerseys.
the-kraken-primary-logo-white-authentic-jersey-0a.jpg

Vegas has white Outline on the logo, white in the shoulder logos and white numbers and name on their home jerseys

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Vegas has white Outline on the logo, white in the shoulder logos and white numbers and name on their home jerseys
I didn’t have stitching in mind, but yeah the swords are white. However, Wikipedia (for whatever it’s worth) doesn’t list white as one of Vegas’ colors. I’m really not interested in continuing where this debate appears to be going though.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
NHL Seattle released the Kraken — and the merchandise is getting snatched up fast

Fanatics reports Kraken sales up 50% over Golden Knights in same initial time frame.

First site where I get this warning ever:

"
451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 509-525-3301."

Are they particularly aggressive with which data they capture or is it just a coincidence that I haven't gotten this warning in two years surfing the web after the GDPR?

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Love the colour scheme, think the logo is nice... although it did remind me of something.

0006369_steinlager-classic-tall-bottle-ea-750m.jpeg

You guys could be the first NHL team with a New Zealand beer sponsor.

All the best for you entry into the league, looking forward to seeing you play against my Jets.

Reactions: mattihp

Din Djarin

This Is The Way
Mar 3, 2020
Mandalore
I really like how your colors, jersey, logo, team name, etc. have something to do with the city. The name "Kraken" checks all the boxes.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I notice that nhluniforms.com has the full jersey and pants, socks mocked up but has this been officially released anywhere?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad