Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
IMO they nailed it, I wanted it to be an S logo to throwback the Metros but I thought there was no way they could pull it off with the Kraken name.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
From back in January, Hoven called it (despite the news that it was off the table)

John Hoven, who covers mostly the Kings and has broken quite a few things lately, is saying it's looking more like Kraken is actually being a thing.

Full disclosure, I write articles for his site, so I have my biases, but he does have sources.

The primary colors were off, though the red eye is part of the jersey

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I’m trying not to get too worked up over this, but did we REALLY need to offer up another variation of a blue and red color scheme?

just substitute that tiny bit of red with Kelly green or lime green. It still contrasts, you won’t look like Vancouver, and you’ll have a unique look all to yourself. I would concede the mascot choice then. But instead it looks like a bastard child born from a drunken one-night stand between the CBJ jersey and a slushee.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
upload_2020-7-23_9-57-42.jpeg

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
I don't know why but once I saw that the bottom and arm bars were not at an angle or stylized in any weird way I became way better with the name.

On board with this now. They sold me and now they will sell me (stuff).

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
I have 4 friends in Seattle who own businesses and such that were planning on being team sponsors/season ticket holders who are leaving the city due to all of the rioting.
I'm curious if this climate will negatively impact season tickets/corporate sponsorship.
Starbucks/Amazon/Microsoft might be enough to make them not care though.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I have 4 friends in Seattle who own businesses and such that were planning on being team sponsors/season ticket holders who are leaving the city due to all of the rioting.
I'm curious if this climate will negatively impact season tickets/corporate sponsorship.
Starbucks/Amazon/Microsoft might be enough to make them not care though.

The waiting list for season tickets is currently over 40,000.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I’m trying not to get too worked up over this, but did we REALLY need to offer up another variation of a blue and red color scheme?

just substitute that tiny bit of red with Kelly green or lime green. It still contrasts, you won’t look like Vancouver, and you’ll have a unique look all to yourself. I would concede the mascot choice then. But instead it looks like a bastard child born from a drunken one-night stand between the CBJ jersey and a slushee.

I wasn't keen on the splash of red in the Vegas sweaters but you get used to it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Is the kraken store down? I wanna buy some merch, after checkout I get an error

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad