Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Blues fan here in peace and all that.

I like the Kraken name, but I would have much preferred the Seattle Sasquatch.

I voted “other” and will now petition the City of Seattle.

Welcome to the NHL and HFBoards!

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I personally love the S logo, Very unique and clean looking on jerseys and shirts, With the slight detail of the red eye and a part of the s looking like a tentacle.
Also love the homage to the metropolitans. Its alright to do something a little different than the other teams in the league.

wraparound

May 17, 2014

is this a sneak preview of what jersey numbers will look like (including the beveling!?)? :naughty:

JelloPuddyPops

"Gotta support the team."
Oct 9, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Wow, this is a heck of a burger joint shirt. I wish they put that much work into customizing orders.
There are a billion other burger joints where you can customize your order.

That's the brilliance of Dick's: walk up to the window, order, get food. No waiting for someone to describe the 25 special ways they want a freaking cheese burger. You can go to Red Robin for that.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
There are a billion other burger joints where you can customize your order.

That's the brilliance of Dick's: walk up to the window, order, get food. No waiting for someone to describe the 25 special ways they want a freaking cheese burger. You can go to Red Robin for that.

It takes seconds to make a burger at Dick's without something on it. It's actually faster, yet they refuse (or refused, haven't been there in a decade to see if they changed anything).

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
It takes seconds to make a burger at Dick's without something on it. It's actually faster, yet they refuse (or refused, haven't been there in a decade to see if they changed anything).
There is a plain cheeseburger & Hambuger option now (last 1-2 years). No customizations on the deluxe or special.

JelloPuddyPops

"Gotta support the team."
Oct 9, 2018
Pacific Northwest

Huh, considering Dick’s has been around forever in Seattle, I’d say their business model is working quite well.

If you really need a burger “just so” you could always just make one at home yourself. Cheaper too!

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
It's funny looking back on the poll options for potential names...don't think Kraken was my number one back then but really can't picture anything other than the Kraken at this point lol

Reactions: andys

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Same, in fact it was my least favorite, but it's the only name now.
Most of the options like Cougars, Eagles, etc. were too common. Totems, nod to the past, but in today's climate best to steer clear of it. Whale, the team up North has an Orca in their logo, probably eliminates it. If the Canucks was a Lumberjack logo, then Orcas would have been a great choice.

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
Holy shit Seattle literally picked the best option out of those initial choices which were almost all garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad