Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
IMO they nailed it. Like the theme, love the road jerseys, logo is pretty basic but they can go overboard with the mascot and other stuff in the arena.

Overall i get a sea feel when looking at the jerseys and everything, without it being ridiculous and that's exactly what i wanted.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Website is up. May not have checkout set properly (so it goes to 404 page).
Hey LS. I just ordered a fan pack and sweatshirt about 3 hours back but got the confirmation email only about 15 minutes ago. I guess I am in as a Kraken fan.

Seems like the logo and names are either immediately liked or disliked by most people. I always wanted the team to be called Kraken, even if I didnt end up being a fan. But I am a big fan of the logo.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Hey LS. I just ordered a fan pack and sweatshirt about 3 hours back but got the confirmation email only about 15 minutes ago. I guess I am in as a Kraken fan.

Seems like the logo and names are either immediately liked or disliked by most people. I always wanted the team to be called Kraken, even if I didnt end up being a fan. But I am a big fan of the logo.

The logo didn't help me be okay with the name any better... They could done better than a S.

Reactions: MillanDynasty

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
You know, the more I look at this, the more I think it looks like a modernized version of Vancouver’s 90s orca jerseys.
Canucks27.png

5f1a0eb557e7c922f81dd3da_0723-sea21-jerseys.jpg

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The logo didn't help me be okay with the name any better... They could done better than a S.
That simplicity is one reason I actually like the logo so much. It's just a 'S' but its a take on the Metropolitans as well as has its own great touches. I love the tentacle in it and the red eye is a great touch too.

Right now it does seem to be a love it or hate it kind of deal.

Reactions: MattyIce0401

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
That simplicity is one reason I actually like the logo so much. It's just a 'S' but its a take on the Metropolitans as well as has its own great touches. I love the tentacle in it and the red eye is a great touch too.

i hate both name and logo.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

If it was for baseball or football then the logo would be more acceptable imo. Mariners have an S on their cap. And it would look fine on a Seahawks helmet.

hockey jersey, given how much space it will occupy, it seems a bit too simple for a primary logo. On a cap it looks fine. Simple logos look better when it’s smaller but more detailed logos look better when you have more surface area to cover.

It would be like if the Bruins came out with their spoked B Instead of an image of a Bear as their logo if they unveiled their logo in 2020.

Reactions: The Cobra

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
If it was for baseball or football then the logo would be more acceptable imo. Mariners have an S on their cap. And it would look fine on a Seahawks helmet.

hockey jersey, given how much space it will occupy, it seems a bit too simple for a primary logo. On a cap it looks fine. Simple logos look better when it’s smaller but more detailed logos look better when you have more surface area to cover.

It would be like if the Bruins came out with their spoked B Instead of an image of a Bear as their logo if they unveiled their logo in 2020.

So you have to produce more cluttered logos...because 2020? As was pointed out, it's subtly paying homage to the Metropolitans. Having a reminder of history in the logo isn't a bad thing, and neither is simplicity.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So you have to produce more cluttered logos...because 2020? As was pointed out, it's subtly paying homage to the Metropolitans. Having a reminder of history in the logo isn't a bad thing, and neither is simplicity.
Logos don’t need to be cluttered to have some detail to them. Detroit is simple yet detailed. have a tire to represent the city and a wing which is the team name.

if you don’t pick up the red eye right away, it just looks like an S for the logo. Seems a bit plain for a hockey logo.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

cut.jpg

One of the better jerseys out there.

Vacheron

Dec 11, 2016
I like the name, don't love the logo (but also don't hate it). It's too bad they couldn't do some sort of shipwreck type thing.

May have been too complicated, but still a great name.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I find the shape of the S to be kind of unappealing with the way it bevels. I find the curve of the tentacle much more appealing and sort of wonder if it should have been a combo of the anchor and tentacle like the tattoo shown with a different S.

The S makes me think of a cobra snake or something.

Reactions: The Cobra

Smehlik MyFinger

Sep 16, 2017
I’m trying not to get too worked up over this, but did we REALLY need to offer up another variation of a blue and red color scheme?

just substitute that tiny bit of red with Kelly green or lime green. It still contrasts, you won’t look like Vancouver, and you’ll have a unique look all to yourself. I would concede the mascot choice then. But instead it looks like a bastard child born from a drunken one-night stand between the CBJ jersey and a slushee.
This isn’t a blue and red color scheme. It’s a deep navy jersey with two complementary blues and a sliver of red. Red is the least used color. So it’s a blue on blue color scheme.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This isn’t a blue and red color scheme. It’s a deep navy jersey with two complementary blues and a sliver of red. Red is the least used color. So it’s a blue on blue color scheme.

It's not too far off of the Winnipeg Jets with their double blue, splash of red and predominant navy home jersey.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
You’re actually going to argue that a little red should be equated to zero red? Come on dude... if you want to pretend you’re the fashion police and argue that it’s a good look, that’s fine. Write me a ticket. But you’re picking a really dumb point to try to argue by saying there’s not enough red to count red as one of the colors.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There are actually 4 blues and one red color.
Some of the blue are similar but different.
I do wonder for announcers and fans how those light blue numbers are going to show on TV against the dark blue jerseys. Surprisingly, there is no white on the dark jersey.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I do wonder for announcers and fans how those light blue numbers are going to show on TV against the dark blue jerseys. Surprisingly, there is no white on the dark jersey.
Looks like the numbers will be dark and not an issue. I actually love that they didn’t use any white on the home jerseys- it adds to the uniqueness of this team. Off the top of my head, Vegas is the only other team that doesn’t use any white for their home jerseys.
the-kraken-primary-logo-white-authentic-jersey-0a.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->