Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
The concept of a "retro" jersey for a 2nd year expansion team is a little surreal so I say just put the dead carcass of Johnny Canuck in an actual Kraken's teeth or beak and let them get angry about it in Vancouver to build the rivalry .

• Haha
Reactions: Kevinsane

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
The concept of a "retro" jersey for a 2nd year expansion team is a little surreal so I say just put the dead carcass of Johnny Canuck in an actual Kraken's teeth or beak and let them get angry about it in Vancouver to build the rivalry .

Well, they never said it was team retro, just that it was retro and reverse. So they could put a senior league team jersey out there and reverse it... which they kind of did with this Ironmen reverse retro.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I always favoured Kraken, but I would’ve been fine with anything except “Sockeyes”. Sharks are frightening. Barracuda are frightening. Salmon? Come on.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I always favoured Kraken, but I would’ve been fine with anything except “Sockeyes”. Sharks are frightening. Barracuda are frightening. Salmon? Come on.

I loved Sockeyes. Salmon are scary as f*** when they punch you in the eye.

I’ve grown to love Kraken though and it was among my least favorites at first. When it became apparent to me it’s not a far cry from Devils it started to grow on me.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
It's grown on me. It's at least different. I love our jerseys though. I was initially pissed it wasn't blue/green like other Seattle teams but with hindsight it would be too similar to the Canucks and Thunderbirds. They are pretty distinctive.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's grown on me. It's at least different. I love our jerseys though. I was initially pissed it wasn't blue/green like other Seattle teams but with hindsight it would be too similar to the Canucks and Thunderbirds. They are pretty distinctive.

I was hoping they'd go green.

Ignoring this logo, which was based on the Metros as the name, it's a sharp design with the double green. I prefer the striping on the main green jersey on the Left vs the white, which looks like the Dallas Stars.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Saw this posted on IG. Apparently the original source correctly predicted that the RR jerseys would be Ironmen-based.

F1032FB2-1C3C-4D54-87C8-D1A6B508F7F9.png

…and I need to charge my phone.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Wasnt sure where else to put this but "branding" seemed vaguely close enough?

The whole Booktok thing is a bit of a clusterf*** that I sorta wish wasnt attached to the team. Digging deeper and seeing how they brought the one author to a game, gave her a "Booktok" jersey, etc... basically REALLY leaned into the marketing? Feels like this outcome was pretty forseeable and would be nice to not have the Kraken's name linked to it.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Wasnt sure where else to put this but "branding" seemed vaguely close enough?

The whole Booktok thing is a bit of a clusterf*** that I sorta wish wasnt attached to the team. Digging deeper and seeing how they brought the one author to a game, gave her a "Booktok" jersey, etc... basically REALLY leaned into the marketing? Feels like this outcome was pretty forseeable and would be nice to not have the Kraken's name linked to it.

Not that there's any evidence left, but I certainly am not even a little surprised that this went down. The Kraken twitter account always came across as a little stalkerish. Either it's the culture of the social media team, or it's one person leaning into something kind of gross and getting paid for it. Either way, I'm guessing that the Kraken have come up with a permanent fix for this mess, if not, it sure looks like it. The twitter account has been wiped of a majority of its content too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00