Speculation: Tea leaves round 2 Edmonton Minnisota

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Funny thing is if they get another Dman, they will lose him or Sekera to the expansion draft anyways.

Protected list

Drasaitl, Lucic,Eberle Yakupov

Klefbom, Larsson, Sekera, new guy from RNH trade

Exposed

Pouliot, Maroon, Reinhart, Davidson,

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Now I can't tell if you're being serious. Larsson is not "much" better than Brodin, and Larsson is older, so...

Larsson is 8 months older and has 9 more games played. In terms of developed both are entering their peak. Neither is going to magically develop an offensive game.

Barness01

Jan 28, 2016
I think Chia is done dealing for D, wait till July 1 for the lucic/Demers signings-and we should be contending for a playoff spot!

Lucic-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle
Maroon-Drai-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Demers
Nurse-Davidson

Talbot-brossoit

This looks very good all-round to me.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think Chia is done dealing for D, wait till July 1 for the lucic/Demers signings-and we should be contending for a playoff spot!

Lucic-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle
Maroon-Drai-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Demers
Nurse-Davidson

Talbot-brossoit

This looks very good all-round to me.

I don't think Demers fits the profile of a PP D. Chia did after all say that they will be looking for a defensmen to play the power plays at a press conference today.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Larsson is 8 months older and has 9 more games played. In terms of developed both are entering their peak. Neither is going to magically develop an offensive game.

Don't think they're entering their peak at age 23, but you're entitled to your own opinion.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Don't think they're entering their peak at age 23, but you're entitled to your own opinion.

Not often you see drastic improvements after the 300 game mark, that seems to be the start of the prime years for the majority of players. Of course there are always exceptions just pointing out there isn't much difference between the players in terms of development.

Also games played is far more indicative than age. Brodin is entering his 5th season, Larsson his 6th.

I suppose prime years would have been a better term to use.

Last edited:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Crossing fingers it's Hopkins for Dumba + 1st + B level prospect.

Then Edmonton goes after a free agent 3rd line C.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Please, please, please NO Matt Dumba. Especially not at the cost of Nuge. Please Chiarelli dont do it.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Crossing fingers it's Hopkins for Dumba + 1st + B level prospect.

Then Edmonton goes after a free agent 3rd line C.

Not a snowball's chance in hell is RNH worth that much.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
You need not worry, Oilers fans. Friedman said today in his 30 thoughts that Chiarelli declined to trade RNH for Dumba without an add

Last edited:

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
You need not worry, Oilers fans. Friedman said today in his 30 thoughts that Chiarelli does not want to trade RNH for Dumba without an add

Yeah he didn't want to have to trade Hall straight up for Larsson either, but he did it anyway!

He'll probably wind up throwing in a 3rd round pick to sweeten the deal.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
The Oilers radio guy heavily hinted it would be Barrie.

But..what else can we give up for him? (plz no mcdavid jokes)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think the Oilers desperately need it though. If you ask their fans, they may sign Demers in that role or roll with the current squad which isn't too bad. And from a neutral perspective, Larsson is much better (and younger) than Brodin. Just ask New Jersey fans.

Larsson is a year older.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not a snowball's chance in hell is RNH worth that much.

I think he is, and again, I'm not a big RNH fan. Thing is, that deal still doesn't address the salary disparity between Dumba and RNH.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I expect to the Larsson is way better than Brodin talk of course because he's an Oiler now. Rather it was Scandella going the other way if it's RNH.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
If it is Colorado and Barrie who fits the profile of the PP D man, then perhaps RNH isn't involved unless Mackinnon moves to the wing..

Maybe it's something like Eberle plus Yak plus Nurse for Barrie.

Maybe RNH gets moved to a different team in a different deal. Don't think Colorado actually needs anymore centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad