Speculation: Tea leaves round 2 Edmonton Minnisota

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
More tea leaves that would make me equally angry to today

Stauffer says oilers aren't done and will trade for a pp d man. Has mentioned wild a few times and Mackenzie just said it, this would be almost as bad as hall for larsson as dumba is Griffin Reinhart level D with slightly more o :( it will likely happen tomorrow and knowing chia oil are prolly adding a pick this time :(

Not a rumor just speculation from listening

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
More tea leaves that would make me equally angry to today

Stauffer says oilers aren't done and will trade for a pp d man. Has mentioned wild a few times and Mackenzie just said it, this would be almost as bad as hall for larsson as dumba is Griffin Reinhart level D with slightly more o :( it will likely happen tomorrow and knowing chia oil are prolly adding a pick this time :(

Not a rumor just speculation from listening

I am trying to understand what you just said.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Wow, if they trade RNH as well...

Going with a 19 and 20 year old as your top 2 centres is a terrible idea. Nuge is young as well, but he's far more experienced than Leon or McDavid.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Avoid trading any more core players until next summer.

If you're banking on a rebalanced roster improving the squad then you wait for the improved squad to improve the perception of your players.

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
McKenzie: If they have to take more core players to effect greater culture change, that wouldn't surprise me either.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
My belief is they are done dealing, and sign Lucic and Demers.

Subtract Hall add Puljujarvi, Larrson, Lucic and Demers. That's a great off season.

lindroshomer

Jan 21, 2016
Ontario
Wow, if they trade RNH as well...

Going with a 19 and 20 year old as your top 2 centres is a terrible idea. Nuge is young as well, but he's far more experienced than Leon or McDavid.

Couldn't agree more

Pittsburgh really mucked it up then huh? Crosby and Malkin who were once rookies.

It's not like Edmonton's going to need veteran experience in the conference finals. The flip side of that is, how else would they get the experience?

Maybe you two are referring to the batch of "ruined" prospects who were played too early/given too much too soon?

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton

Subtract Hall add Puljujarvi, Larrson, Lucic and Demers. That's a great off season.

Tea leaves, demers won't be an oiler and it sounds like 2 awful trades assuming this happens

buttman*

No it's not. Pujo is unproven. See Yak, MPS and hundreds of other high picks. Hall is the best player out of that group. Demers is Fayne all over again. Larsrson is good but Hall? Come on. Lucic is a necessary evil -- need to overpay for McDavid own protection. I don't think the Oil is all that scary anymore. None of Yak, Eberle, or RNH are top players. Mcdavid has a bigger load to carry without Hall.

The Blue Llama

May 16, 2009
Minnesota
Dumba for Draisaitl makes more sense, to be honest. As a few Oil fans have pointed out, having two inexperienced pivots running the first two lines would be a disaster. Secondly, Russo pointed out that trading for RNH and his 6 million cap hit makes little sense from the Wild's perspective. Can't give up a cost controlled player and effectively take on 6 mil on an already cap strapped team. Plus, the trades today have set the market value of what a RHD costs.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Oilers would be very close to the cap if they added the 2 UFAs. Ideally Eberle goes for a top 4 offensive RD.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Spector said yesterday Fletcher wouldn't budge from just Dumba for RNH, so Chiarelli walked away.

Stauffer apparently said tonight to watch Colorado and Edmonton (Barrie?).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad