Speculation: Tea leaves round 2 Edmonton Minnisota

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Have a hard time believing that Dumba is worth either RNH or Drasaitl. He is no longer the disaster he was but still has a long way to go to be mentioned as a top 2 defender.

And yet he's only 21, it's almost like he still has plenty of time to reach his potential.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
Aha ok buddy, that's a mighty fine opinion but it's not correct on either point.

Either way I'd rather deal Dumba than Brodin. Want no part of a Brodin for RNH swap any longer. Stevens will be a beast of a coach for Brodin.

Brodin actually sucks tho

The Blue Llama

May 16, 2009
Minnesota
+1

Never a fan of Dumba. I could get behind a RNH for Spurgeon trade.

There will be a big + on the Oil side. A legit #2, signed to good deal, ppqb, outstanding transition game. When Spurg went down last year it was very apparent what he does for the team.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Would you sign Mikael Granlund for 6mil x 4years?

RNH is a 5% upgrade while playing on a team that attacks like nutters. Centers dont cover for D in EDM and play all in all the time.

RNH is Wild will fail and not because RNH is a bad player. It fails because we play all centers like M.Koivu.

Lol what is this post even?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Would you sign Mikael Granlund for 6mil x 4years?

RNH is a 5% upgrade while playing on a team that attacks like nutters. Centers dont cover for D in EDM and play all in all the time.

RNH is Wild will fail and not because RNH is a bad player. It fails because we play all centers like M.Koivu.

what are you talking about?

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I'll take the 21yr dman coming off 10 goals in his first full season. No reason to go out and rush a trade when he hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Patience.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
In order for the oilers to change the culture of losing a couple more guys aka RNH and Yak or Eberle will have to go. I'm guessing RNH is next. McDavid Draisaitl 1 2 is solid. Oilers fans may not want to hear it but in order to truly change the culture of losing you need to move guys who have been there for a while now. RNH Eberle and yak are next. 2 of the 3 for sure

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
In order for the oilers to change the culture of losing a couple more guys aka RNH and Yak or Eberle will have to go. I'm guessing RNH is next. McDavid Draisaitl 1 2 is solid. Oilers fans may not want to hear it but in order to truly change the culture of losing you need to move guys who have been there for a while now. RNH Eberle and yak are next. 2 of the 3 for sure

Absolutely. If they could move Yakupov and Eberle for decent returns, do it. Create a different environment with McDavid, Draisaitl, Larsson etc.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Wow, if they trade RNH as well...

Going with a 19 and 20 year old as your top 2 centres is a terrible idea. Nuge is young as well, but he's far more experienced than Leon or McDavid.

McDavid isn't an ordinary 19-year-old though. He's a generational young player.

BUT, they can't trade for the sake of it. Good pieces should come back otherwise it'll be a real waste.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
If the Oilers are trying to make a deal with the Wild, they need to be targeting Spurgeon or Scandella. Additionally, they should be trying to rid themselves of Eberle in such a trade. Getting rid of RNH wouldn't be smart, because although he's young, you don't want your #1/2 centres to be 19/20 & 20/21 (McDavid/Draisatl).

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
If the Oilers are trying to make a deal with the Wild, they need to be targeting Spurgeon or Scandella. Additionally, they should be trying to rid themselves of Eberle in such a trade. Getting rid of RNH wouldn't be smart, because although he's young, you don't want your #1/2 centres to be 19/20 & 20/21 (McDavid/Draisatl).

It's just that MIN doesn't have a need for Eberle. It has to be RNH or Drai, otherwise there's no point for MIN to make any trade. Well, Puljujärvi or McDavid too, but... :sarcasm:

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
I think Nurse would have to be included also to be honest

Just because Chia had to lose the Hall deal does not mean he is going to overpay a ridiculous amount in every other deal. They aren't desperate for D anymore, other teams no longer have that leverage. Fair hockey deal or none at all. RNH for Barrie. Not enough? Fine, keep him. The Oilers are no longer in a position to overpay for a defencemen.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just because Chia had to lose the Hall deal does not mean he is going to overpay a ridiculous amount in every other deal. They aren't desperate for D anymore, other teams no longer have that leverage. Fair hockey deal or none at all. RNH for Barrie. Not enough? Fine, keep him. The Oilers are no longer in a position to overpay for a defencemen.

Well you're still looking for that RH OHD you guys said you needed. At this point you just got a slightly better, right handed Brodin. Funny thing is Brodin is probably the better goal scorer too.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013

Right on, maybe in a couple years we can snag McDavid from you then, lol

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Well you're still looking for that RH OHD you guys said you needed. At this point you just got a slightly better, right handed Brodin. Funny thing is Brodin is probably the better goal scorer too.

I don't think the Oilers desperately need it though. If you ask their fans, they may sign Demers in that role or roll with the current squad which isn't too bad. And from a neutral perspective, Larsson is much better (and younger) than Brodin. Just ask New Jersey fans.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think the Oilers desperately need it though. If you ask their fans, they may sign Demers in that role or roll with the current squad which isn't too bad. And from a neutral perspective, Larsson is much better (and younger) than Brodin. Just ask New Jersey fans.

Now I can't tell if you're being serious. Larsson is not "much" better than Brodin, and Larsson is older, so...

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I'm fine with overpaying for ONE Dman like Larsson, because it was very sorely needed. I don't think we could've gone into another season without adding a top 3 Dman, and we did that. If we now trade RNH for a Dman that's nowhere near his value, then I actually will get pissed. I like the Larsson trade, or can at least understand it and live with it. But cool it, Chia. There's no need to force too many things just for the sake of it. We have a top pairing now. We can roll with 4 forwards on the PP, like a lot of teams actually do. Don't over pay again, please. Unless it's a draft pick, then fine. Trade our first and Yak for a guy like Dumba if that gets it done (doubt it). But not Eberle or especially RNH.

Now we should be looking for a deal. Not looking to add someone at any cost. We're not in as desperate of a position as before. If he makes another overpay, then I'm totally done with him. The Reinhart deal is already unforgivable, and I can understand why people are pissed about the Larsson deal, even if I can deal with it. But no more! Wait for a reasonable deal now!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad