Speculation: Tea leaves round 2 Edmonton Minnisota

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
More tea leaves that would make me equally angry to today

Stauffer says oilers aren't done and will trade for a pp d man. Has mentioned wild a few times and Mackenzie just said it, this would be almost as bad as hall for larsson as dumba is Griffin Reinhart level D with slightly more o :( it will likely happen tomorrow and knowing chia oil are prolly adding a pick this time :(

Not a rumor just speculation from listening

Stauffer just said to keep an eye on Colorado. He wouldn't name any players but said to keep an eye on them if you're an Oiler fan. He called Larsson yesterday too...in a round about way.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Spector said yesterday Fletcher wouldn't budge from just Dumba for RNH, so Chiarelli walked away.

Stauffer apparently said tonight to watch Colorado and Edmonton (Barrie?).

Would it be a straight up 1 for 1? Can't be if MIN wouldn't move Dumba right?

buttman*

Good god what I would give to be an Ordinary team. :laugh:

That's not what I think they're doing here though. I think they're getting even worse.

I liked Hall more than most. A bit odd off the ice but a heck of a hockey player. McDavid on one line and him on another would have been deadly for years.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Would it be a straight up 1 for 1? Can't be if MIN wouldn't move Dumba right?
After what happened today, who knows.

Here is the Spector quote from the radio:

"I'm told Chiarelli said Dumba for RNH wasn't enough and Fletcher didn't want to add" - Mark Spector

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Spector said yesterday Fletcher wouldn't budge from just Dumba for RNH, so Chiarelli walked away.

Fletch is right. RNHs production in the Wild would make his 6mil cap a problem... He is worth maybe 4mil in a defensive system that plays centers like 3rd D.

RNH + RNH's cap for 45points per year = Dumba.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

With what went down earlier today, I'd have to guess Barrie for McDavid? :sarcasm:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Oilers are turning into a very ordinary team.

Hahahahaha

Oh HF boards. The down dwelling Oilers trade Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson and we became ordinary. I suppose that's a compliment as ordinary means average and average means fighting for a playoff spot.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Dumba for Draisaitl makes more sense, to be honest. As a few Oil fans have pointed out, having two inexperienced pivots running the first two lines would be a disaster. Secondly, Russo pointed out that trading for RNH and his 6 million cap hit makes little sense from the Wild's perspective. Can't give up a cost controlled player and effectively take on 6 mil on an already cap strapped team. Plus, the trades today have set the market value of what a RHD costs.
The Oilers aren't as desperate as they were for help on the backend. Actually I don't see how Dumba would be help back there at all

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
After what happened today, who knows.

Here is the Spector quote from the radio:

"I'm told Chiarelli said Dumba for RNH wasn't enough and Fletcher didn't want to add" - Mark Spector

Fletch is right. RNHs production in the Wild would make his 6mil cap a problem... He is worth maybe 4mil in a defensive system that plays centers like 3rd D.

RNH + RNH's cap for 45points per year = Dumba.

Sorry, and this is coming from a guy who isn't crazy about RNH, but if Fletcher didn't offer more than Dumba for RNH then he is an idiot. For salary alone it doesn't work...

Dumba would help on the PP, and add offense from the back end.

I don't see EDM doing anything more besides signing a FA Dman UNLESS they can unload Eberle for a legit top 3 Dman with no age, salary, or injury issues.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
More tea leaves that would make me equally angry to today

Stauffer says oilers aren't done and will trade for a pp d man. Has mentioned wild a few times and Mackenzie just said it, this would be almost as bad as hall for larsson as dumba is Griffin Reinhart level D with slightly more o :( it will likely happen tomorrow and knowing chia oil are prolly adding a pick this time :(

Not a rumor just speculation from listening

If you're going to make the effort to start a thread, make the effort to write it in English.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Wow, if they trade RNH as well...

Going with a 19 and 20 year old as your top 2 centres is a terrible idea. Nuge is young as well, but he's far more experienced than Leon or McDavid.

Crosby and Malkin were 19 and 20 as top 2 centers, just saying. Mcdavid and draisaitl have much more skill than Nuge so if they could ship out RNH for brodin/dumba+ in addition to Larsson their looks good

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Brodin is worse than Larsson! and Larsson is looking worse and worse everytime someone posts a new stat!

Aha ok buddy, that's a mighty fine opinion but it's not correct on either point.

Either way I'd rather deal Dumba than Brodin. Want no part of a Brodin for RNH swap any longer. Stevens will be a beast of a coach for Brodin.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Short of the word prolly and replacing periods with smileys there were no spelling errors at all, check your tone girl.

You can replace all the punctuation with smileys, just write the words in between so they form coherent thoughts.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
No it's not. Pujo is unproven. See Yak, MPS and hundreds of other high picks. Hall is the best player out of that group. Demers is Fayne all over again. Larsrson is good but Hall? Come on. Lucic is a necessary evil -- need to overpay for McDavid own protection. I don't think the Oil is all that scary anymore. None of Yak, Eberle, or RNH are top players. Mcdavid has a bigger load to carry without Hall.

Puljujarvi is very different from MPS and Yakupov.

Everyone has their own opinion, and appears the opinions on these boards is outlandish. I certainly believe that Oilers will be a better team with those deals, only time will tell. But I would love to revisit and see where the team stands.

The Blue Llama

May 16, 2009
Minnesota
Sorry, and this is coming from a guy who isn't crazy about RNH, but if Fletcher didn't offer more than Dumba for RNH then he is an idiot. For salary alone it doesn't work...

Dumba would help on the PP, and add offense from the back end.

I don't see EDM doing anything more besides signing a FA Dman UNLESS they can unload Eberle for a legit top 3 Dman with no age, salary, or injury issues.

I think that's the point. if RNH is really the main target, Dumba doesn't make any sense going the other way due the cap. It would have to be Brodin for RNH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad