Speculation: Tea leaves round 2 Edmonton Minnisota

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Wow, if they trade RNH as well...

Going with a 19 and 20 year old as your top 2 centres is a terrible idea. Nuge is young as well, but he's far more experienced than Leon or McDavid.

They would still have Eberle and if they could sign Lucic along with another veteran, then I think they'll be fine

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Sorry, and this is coming from a guy who isn't crazy about RNH, but if Fletcher didn't offer more than Dumba for RNH then he is an idiot. For salary alone it doesn't work...

Would you sign Mikael Granlund for 6mil x 4years?

RNH is a 5% upgrade while playing on a team that attacks like nutters. Centers dont cover for D in EDM and play all in all the time.

RNH is Wild will fail and not because RNH is a bad player. It fails because we play all centers like M.Koivu.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

RNH is a 5% upgrade while playing on a team that attacks like nutters. Centers dont cover for D in EDM and play all in all the time.

RNH is Wild will fail and not because RNH is a bad player. It fails because we play all centers like M.Koivu.

If only we had a totally re-vamped coaching staff. Oh wait!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we traded Dumba for RNH I would riot in the streets. Even if it was by myself.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
It is known that Chia won't move LD and Chia already stated he wasn't interested in Dumba or Brodin

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Aha ok buddy, that's a mighty fine opinion but it's not correct on either point.

Either way I'd rather deal Dumba than Brodin. Want no part of a Brodin for RNH swap any longer. Stevens will be a beast of a coach for Brodin.

You'd think he'd be more of a beast of a coach for Dumba, considering Dumba has more of the physical tools. Just needs to learn the defensive side.

Stevens can't teach Brodin to be a big hitter or to have a better shot. He CAN teach Dumba how to be better positionally though.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Why can't you just admit that you've never seen RNH play instead of spouting bullcrap like this?

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
If we traded Dumba for RNH I would riot in the streets. Even if it was by myself.
lmao don't worry I'd be right there with ya.

Not interested in a trade with the Wild involving RNH, I don't see any scenario in which we don't lose the trade. I like Coyle and Zucker and a few other pieces, but I don't see a fit there. Maybe something can be worked out for Eberle?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Funny thing is if they get another Dman, they will lose him or Sekera to the expansion draft anyways.

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
RNH for Dumba is flat out awful. Oiler's fans need to boycott the team if Chirelli makes another lopsided trade. I know your team needs D but c'mon you'd be trading 2 former 1 picks plus another in Yakupov (who has little value right now)

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
lmao don't worry I'd be right there with ya.

Not interested in a trade with the Wild involving RNH, I don't see any scenario in which we don't lose the trade. I like Coyle and Zucker and a few other pieces, but I don't see a fit there. Maybe something can be worked out for Eberle?

Eberle would be even worse

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
As a wild fan I'd be happy with rnh for dumba. Oil probably shouldn't do it. Worried that fletcher will get a different piece though

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I might feel bad for Oil fans if it were RNH for Dumba straight up.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Please god no. I can sort of stomach Larsson for Hall even though I nearly passed out when I heard the news.

RNH for Dumba I don't think I can handle.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Edmonton is no longer negotiating from a position of weakness. They aren't desperate for D and won't lose another trade just to make a trade (RNH for Dumba). My guess Chia doesn't get good value and keeps RNH.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Have a hard time believing that Dumba is worth either RNH or Drasaitl. He is no longer the disaster he was but still has a long way to go to be mentioned as a top 2 defender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad