Speculation: TDL (02/24) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eklund72

Apr 8, 2007
Regarding the Merkley situation, I would guess that he still needs to improve his defensive game and likely is 2 years out. Karlsson, Burns and Merkley all on the right side wont work, so if Merkley ends up panning out there really is no other option but to trade Burns. Ideally we would trade Burns for a 1st, two way #4 RD, and a prospect. Or we could try and get that RD via free agency and ask for a tweener instead.

Burns is on the decline of his career plain and simple. He will still be able to put up 50+ points for a few years but with Karlsson that's really not what we need. Especially if Merkley is able to come in and take over the #2pp so soon.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I mean realistically he'd only be on anther team for a max of 4 months. Then you'd think he would just hang em up

He'll sign next year. dude will only need about 30 more games to pass Gordie freaken Howe for most games ever played.

Reactions: Friday

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
so if you have a coworker you really get along with leaves your company because they want a higher pay you instantly don't care about them? You seem like a swell person.
Let's not start that whole coworker discussion again ......

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I understand the hesitation to root for anyone other than your team, but honestly, I'd just like to be able to root for something this season. It's already been enough of a goddamn disaster and I f*cking hate the NHL as it is.

Just let me enjoy something.
When the Sharks were terrible I regularly watched the Avs. Forseberg is my favorite player all time so I enjoyed watching him about as much as most Sharks players.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
"I only want to play in San Jose"

*2020 Sharks season happens*

"Allow me to reconsider. . ."

I've been so over Marleau since he left the first time, if he wants off the boat again then good f*cking riddance, I hope you're out in the first round again

Has there been a poster more vituperative towards Marleau than me? Historically, I have criticized him for not playing up to his potential and not playing up to his contract.

That cannot at all be said for Marleau this year, who is getting every ounce out of his talent and is handily outperforming his contract. The Sharks organization has failed Marleau this year, and if he wants to go to a contender before he falls into desuetude, they owe it to him to make it so...and if he wants to stay, while I think it would vitiate the public perception of his competitiveness, DW should honor that as well.

Reactions: Pistol Pete

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
You're right, the 4th round pick we get for him is really gonna turn this whole thing around

I don't think Marleau is selfish for wanting to win, I think he proved himself to be selfish when he chased a paycheck after spending the previous two decades amassing an incredible nest of wealth
Dude you're being ridiculous about that situation. Just silly. TO paid him almost TWICE the Sharks offer. $8million more! You're seriously hating him for not turning down that much money just so you could say he only played for the Sharks? Holy shit, that's just absurd.

Reactions: Saskatoon

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Has there been a poster more vituperative towards Marleau than me? Historically, I have criticized him for not playing up to his potential and not playing up to his contract.

That cannot at all be said for Marleau this year, who is getting every ounce out of his talent and is handily outperforming his contract. The Sharks organization has failed Marleau this year, and if he wants to go to a contender before he falls into desuetude, they owe it to him to make it so...and if he wants to stay, while I think it would vitiate the public perception of his competitiveness, DW should honor that as well.
He also has no NTC protection. Hockey is a business. Some people just like being insufferable (like the one you quoted) and that’s their prerogative.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
People equate trade with some like deeper f-you. Bro, if I am Thornton, Marleau, Dillion, any of these UFAs, the best thing I can do for the team this season is whoring myself to a contender. There is nothing to prevent them from resigning here. If they want to play here, they are welcome to come back. They'll be away from home for 20 games plus however far they go in the playoffs. It's not the end of the world. It gets the team assets to compete in the future.

Reactions: Boja

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I'm sitting in some bullshit HR training and nothing is happening on TDL day. This is the worst timeline.

Reactions: Boja

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Dorion low key setting up the Sens for a nice draft in 2020 the last two years. If that clown owner sells the team they could be back in contention in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad