Speculation: TDL (02/24) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Jumbo needs to go to Colorado and win the cup so he can have his number retired with them.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Absolutely agreed. I also think of all our expensive contracts, Cooch probably holds the most value. He is not on a massive contract like Karlsson, he is not at a precarious age like Burns is, and he is earning his contract unlike Vlasic, and he does not have a rep like Kane.

That being said, I have less than zero confidence that DW would actually trade him now.
Yeah. Couture is not getting traded. I really see little to no chance that one of Couture, Meier, Kane or Hertl get traded. Very small chance that Burns or Vlasic get moved either. The only way any of those guys get moved if they come to DW and say that they want out.

This team definitely seems to have some kind of locker room issues but I think the players are so comfortable here that none of them want out. It seems like repeat of the year we were reverse swept against LA.

But in general, I do agree with your sentiment. Couture is not too old and is not really overpaid. He gets flack for not being good in the regular season but did hit 70 points last year. I think if he got moved, we would get a really good return because he is rated as a 1C. But yeah. we are not moving him.

Reactions: Dicdonya

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
You wouldnt watch Jumbo lift a cup even if he was playing for the Pens? Id be so pumped for him

I would vomit

I don't give a shit if Joe wins a cup if it's not with the Sharks

Probably 6 or 91.

He used to wear #97 for allstar games before they allowed players to double up, the impotent hand-wringing that would draw would elicit a chuckle from my cold, dead soul

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I would vomit

I don't give a shit if Joe wins a cup if it's not with the Sharks

He used to wear #97 for allstar games before they allowed players to double up, the impotent hand-wringing that would draw would elicit a chuckle from my cold, dead soul

Could be 97 forgot what he wore during olympics when he would give it up for toews eww.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I am with you. Jumbo is my favorite player period but I don't really plan watching any playoffs with the Sharks not there. I will be rooting for Jumbo to win (irrespective of the team he is on) and watch highlights of Jumbo lifting the cup.
I don’t really have any vested interest in the players when they aren’t Sharks. If Joe wins a cup, that’s nice for him, but it does nothing for me.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I am with you. Jumbo is my favorite player period but I don't really plan watching any playoffs with the Sharks not there. I will be rooting for Jumbo to win (irrespective of the team he is on) and watch highlights of Jumbo lifting the cup.

I find this time of the year I'm so excited for Baseball season that even with the Giants projected to play bad, I still might watch them and the A's over the playoffs. I think that's a symptom of the NHL schedule being unnecessarily long.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad