Confirmed Trade: [TBL/SJS] Barclay Goodrow, 2020 3rd round pick for Anthony Greco, 2020 1st round pick

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Great caphit is valuable for teams like Tampa.

This is cap matchematics deal for them, which works also for next season. Good for the Sharks.

Same with the Coleman deal. Low caphit for next season. Long-term building.

Reactions: Eb

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Can somebody please give me a reason why JBB would think its a good idea to trade a first round pick in a deep draft for this guy??

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Goodrow = 1st round pick, Toffoli = 2nd round pick

Between this and the Kovalchuk debacle, it's time to step down, Mr.Blake

In what world is Barclay Goodrow worth more than Tyler Toffoli? Toffoli has four fewer goals this year than Goodrow's career high in points.

Are you guys just choosing to leave out Madden? Or did you actually forget the centrepiece of your teams biggest trade?

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Ehh. Goodrow I think has a lot of upsides people are brushing over here. Leads the Sharks League 1OA(at least last I checked, I dunno about currently) PK. Shown he can hold his own defensively against top-line forwards. 49.2% against top-line centers. Around 55% against bottom-6 guys last 2 seasons. Positive corsi even relative to this years (bad) and past years (outstanding) Sharks teams. Heavy player, not afraid to hit, be hit, or stand up for a teammate. Plus a great team friendly cap hit.

Do I think he was worth a 1st? Not really. But I don't think Goodrow himself is pure trash either. He brings everything you want outside of points.

Reactions: Hint1k and Bartcal

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Someone said a top SJ prospect is also involved... guess we'll see.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Just imagine the conversation between the GM's..

*They say hi and such*

Tampa: We're interested in one of your players and we're wondering if he's available?

Sharks' GM: It depends, who are you referring to?

Tampa: We like Barclay Goodrow. Damn, that name is something special. We really like that he makes pennies and we need a player like him in order to make it far in the playoffs. f*** man, can I be honest with you?

Sharks' GM: I see. We like him too, he's a great guy. Lots of intangibles and such.

Of course, what's on your mind?

Tampa: This shit is stressful you know.. Stevie left and this team is filled with amazing players and I just can't get us over the hump.

*Sharks' GM gets ready to milk Tampa's GM*

Sharks' GM: Gotcha. So what do you realistically think Goodrow is worth?

Tampa: Well, hmm. A 2nd.

Sharks' GM: Hey could you give me a second? Thanks. *Puts the call on hold*

Sharks' GM to the AGM: I think he's drunk. He just offered a 2nd for Goodrow. That's insane, I got to accept it. Even though I love the kid.

Sharks' AGM: Wait does he think he called Calgary regarding Gaudreau? No way he offered a 2nd for Goodrow.

*Sharks' GM picks up the phone*: sorry about that. I..

* Tampa's GM interupts him*: Who did you talk to, Detroit?! I'll give you a 1st for him, right now. Do we have a deal?

Sharks' GM: Wait. It wasn't like that, no one ca...

*Gets interrupted again*

Tampa: Come on, please.. I need this, we need this. A 1 st for Goodrow, deal?!

Sharks' GM: Sure, why not..

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
This is a perfect example of when people try to sound smart and make it seem like they know what they’re talking about but in fact have no freaking clue.
Nah, I've watched 30+Sharks games this year. I just don't have teal-colored glasses.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: