Confirmed Trade: [TBL/SJS] Barclay Goodrow, 2020 3rd round pick for Anthony Greco, 2020 1st round pick

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
NZRVNry.png

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Goodrow should be thankful that injuries got him ice time and that he’s only making 925k next year because he gets to be Tampa’s second budget priced pick-up.

The Bolts are paying Coleman and Goodrow a combined 2.725m next season.

Reactions: Hint1k and Morrison

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Tampa doesn’t need more star players. They need depth players that are actually good at being a depth player. With goodrow, Coleman and bogo, this team has buffed up its grit and won’t be so easily pushed around like last year. People need to calm down. A first to a playoff contending team is not important

Reactions: Hint1k

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I would definitely have tried to get Thornton for a 3rd rather than Goodrow for a 1st if you really needed to add a center.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Another year leading up to the deadline with countless fans claiming teams are no longer going to be careless with their 1st round picks and "so and so will never return a 1st". Surprise surprise, once again GM's throw 1st round picks around like candy for players much worse than the ones people were arguing about. See everybody next year, same place same time for the exact same arguments!

Reactions: kevistar

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Goodrow should be thankful that injuries got him ice time and that he’s only making 925k next year because he gets to be Tampa’s second budget priced pick-up.

The Bolts are paying Coleman and Goodrow a combined 2.725m next season.
Goodrow should be thankful he can play in the playoffs but this trade shows you how much East teams pay attention to the Sharks. Tampa should be embarrassed about this trade.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I'm crossing my fingers that there's more involved here. That's terrible asset management from JBB if the deal stands as is.

Reactions: Morrison

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Tampa doesn’t need more star players. They need depth players that are actually good at being a depth player. With goodrow, Coleman and bogo, this team has buffed up its grit and won’t be so easily pushed around like last year. People need to calm down. A first to a playoff contending team is not important
A 1st for a career 4th liner having an amazing season because the Sharks lost their two best centres is a joke. 90% of Barclays points were before Christmas as well, but I’m sure you knew that.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Hoping that there is more parts to this deal or this is a disaster from JBB. JBB has been around the organisation for a while and learnt from yzerman doesn’t look like it so far.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Wilson knew they really wanted him, knew they're a top contender who's Cup or nothing. Played hardball.
Brisbebois is so beyond caring about 1st rounders at this point

DeeVeeUss

Apr 12, 2017
Naples, FL
I don't know why Tampa keeps trading their firsts, they should've traded both of them for a star player with good term...

Goodrow is good, not pun intended, but not worth THAT much...
Two 1sts PLUS N. Foote. That many assets should undoubtedly return a star RD or star forward. The price you pay when in a cap crunch. JBB has everything riding on this two year window

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Gritty depth players has never been the issue for Tampa. The top 6 needs some balls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad