Confirmed Trade: [TBL/SJS] Barclay Goodrow, 2020 3rd round pick for Anthony Greco, 2020 1st round pick

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
26 -yr old who never cracked 20 pts until now goes for a 1st?

wtf over?
If you think Tampa made this trade for offense, that's an even bigger WTF than what they gave out.

Pretty safe to assume from the moves Tampa has made, and how they've performed since December, that offense isn't their issue.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Nah, I've watched 30+Sharks games this year. I just don't have teal-colored glasses.

cool, I’ve been watching them for 25 years. You still don’t know what the hell you're talking about. He’s not worth a first but calling him a borderline NHLer is a joke.

Reactions: Frosty415

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Yep, 3rd round pick is one of our better prospects :sarcasm:
Well, San Jose is a gong show now so maybe we'll take that pick and turn them into the next Ciarelli. I'd use the sarcasm emoji, but lightning does strike twice.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
The trade improves the team, no question, but this is awful asset management. Really, really questionable stuff.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Guess Tampa really wants to win a cup or 2 in the next 2 years and cost be damned.

There is no reasonable defense for this combined with the Coleman trade. None. But if they win a cup in the next 2 years, nobody will care about it.
If they don't win a cup, these will go down as a few of the worst trades valuewise we have ever seen at the deadline. Especially this one.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Well, San Jose is a gong show now so maybe we'll take that pick and turn them into the next Ciarelli. I'd use the sarcasm emoji, but lightning does strike twice.
Gong show? Rough year, sure. Wait until next TDL to call us a gong show. Not like we were favorites and got swept or something.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
For what its worth, Tamps 1st round picks rarely pan out. They usually get guys in later rounds.

Heres a list of their first round picks over the past decade

YfP1YLs.png

Only Vassy is on the team and Cal is in the AHL.

Reactions: dfunk

dfunk

Feb 1, 2012
Man this is a rough trade for Tampa.
If you win the cup though then who gives a f*ck.
this. i'm a leafs fan but obviously the bolts are in win now mode. they dont give a fck about firsts and i wouldnt either if i was a bolts fan or management. they addressed a need, move on.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Sure, we could have gotten Simmonds, but he isn't good.

That said, thats still a bad trade. How you give up a first for Goodrow and don't get the f***ing sharks to take salary back is complete nonsene, now you've painted yourself into a corner in the offseason.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
On the surface I don't love these trades but the actual result won't be shown until the playoffs. If Tampa wins the Cup in the next two years with contributions from Coleman and Goodrow no one is going to say they were a mistake. Judging them as good or bad trades now is short-sighted because they aren't supposed to be a win on paper. Let's see if they're a win on the ice.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
cool, I’ve been watching them for 25 years. You still don’t know what the hell you're talking about. He’s not worth a first but calling him a borderline NHLer is a joke.
Cool, you've watched a team win nothing of note for 25 years. I've seen several championships, and what types of players drive the team to a cool. Goodrow is a 4th line, not a particularly great one, and offers no single impact skill. Hence, borderline NHLer- a guy who falls out of the league without anyone noticing.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Cool, you've watched a team win nothing of note for 25 years. I've seen several championships, and what types of players drive the team to a cool. Goodrow is a 4th line, not a particularly great one, and offers no single impact skill. Hence, borderline NHLer- a guy who falls out of the league without anyone noticing.

You must be fun at parties.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Guess Tampa really wants to win a cup or 2 in the next 2 years and cost be damned.

There is no reasonable defense for this combined with the Coleman trade. None. But if they win a cup in the next 2 years, nobody will care about it.
If they don't win a cup, these will go down as a few of the worst trades valuewise we have ever seen at the deadline. Especially this one.

It doesn't take much brains to understand the Coleman trade.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It doesn't take much brains to understand the Coleman trade.

Oh I understand it. And it makes sense to a certain extent even though I believe it is still a hilarious overpayment. But combined with then going out and dropping another 1st on freaking Goodrow? Yeah....
He better win the cup during those 2 years...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad