Confirmed with Link: [TBL/COL] Ross Colton traded for the 2023 37th overall pick

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
How the heck can Colorado afford Colton and we can’t?

What a terrible trade. Losing Killorn and Colton, and not even getting a single asset back that helps this year; now I have a much worse outlook for this season, but hey, at least all the doom and gloom posters in here can have a party I guess.

Colorado gets a 1st+2nd for Newhook, N.J. gets Toffoli for Sharangovich+3rd, and all JBB can get is a pitiful 2nd for Colton.
We don’t know if we are losing Killorn yet

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Not too upset about losing Colton as he's a player I view as very replaceable, and happy we got a high 2nd round pick for him as well. Still wouldn't be surprised if Killorn is gone, just too many holes to fill and I don't think JBB wants them to all be filled by minimum salary guys.

Reactions: Outl4w

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not too upset about losing Colton as he's a player I view as very replaceable, and happy we got a high 2nd round pick for him as well. Still wouldn't be surprised if Killorn is gone, just too many holes to fill and I don't think JBB wants them to all be filled by minimum salary guys.
Yeah, I think in terms of the window, or what's left of it, Killorn is the bigger loss, so if Colton had to go, we pretty fair value.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
How the heck can Colorado afford Colton and we can’t?

We don’t know if we are losing Killorn yet
Colorado should have Landeskog on ltir for the whole season, so that probabaly helps. If Killorn re-signs, it makes the Colton trade easier to understand, but if not, it's an even bigger L.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Colorado should have Landeskog on ltir for the whole season, so that probabaly helps. If Killorn re-signs, it makes the Colton trade easier to understand, but if not, it's an even bigger L.
I
Agree if killorn doesn’t resign then this makes no sense at all

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I would assume there is some face-saving going on this offseason and they're going to find a way to make sure at least Jeannot signs. Too many assets and too many question marks of what could have been if someone didn't land on his leg before the playoffs.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Finally, all of those top 100 draft pick guides are useful.
Felonious wins the message board today. Everyone else, got have a cold one.

So we give up the farm for Jeanno and get back about a quarter of said farm for a better player. Great work JBB
cee5a286-9fd5-48f5-acdf-be4ea17b29ac_text.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I would assume there is some face-saving going on this offseason and they're going to find a way to make sure at least Jeannot signs. Too many assets and too many question marks of what could have been if someone didn't land on his leg before the playoffs.
After what JBB gave up there was no chance we weren’t signing Jeannot agree. The bad thing is I would not have trade Colton unless I had a hand shake deal done with killorn.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
After what JBB gave up there was no chance we weren’t signing Jeannot agree. The bad thing is I would not have trade Colton unless I had a hand shake deal done with killorn.
Knowing what we know about JB to this point I wouldn't be shocked if something was in place. I know Alex is out doing his summer influencing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If Killorn's camp informed the Lightning they would not accept the deal, you trade Colton now while you still can. You don't play chicken with a dude who's gonna score you 20 goals while Jeannot himself (in the best case scenario) replaces Colton's production.

If you offer Killer the $2 million AAV Colton might've gotten at 5 years it's not chump change. That's 10 million reasons to stick to it here

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Ok so the Colton trade thread on the trade forums is making it sound like Colton is going to be a 40 ish goal scorer next year lol.

I feel like people are over hyping it by a lot. Am I wrong?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I
Agree if killorn doesn’t resign then this makes no sense at all

No, it just means Colton is more expensive than we thought, there were some crazy lowballs here but realistically he will be right around what Killorn signed his 7 year deal for if not more due to the raising cap. Expect his extension to be in the 4.5-5M range.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
No, it just means Colton is more expensive than we thought, there were some crazy lowballs here but realistically he will be right around what Killorn signed his 7 year deal for if not more due to the raising cap. Expect his extension to be in the 4.5-5M range.
I don’t see how Colorado can pay him that and fill out a roster?

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
They have 15.5 approximately using Landeskog's 7 million of ltir to sign 8 or 9 players. Byram will eat up the most, but they have the room for Colton. If Byram gets around 4.5-5 though, giving Colton that much as well is dicey for them, so who knows.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
They have 15.5 approximately using Landeskog's 7 million of ltir to sign 8 or 9 players. Byram will eat up the most, but they have the room for Colton. If Byram gets around 4.5-5 though, giving Colton that much as well is dicey for them, so who knows.
Fair to say both together eat up 10 million of the 15.5 ?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

They can afford him even if he goes to arbitration for a 1 year deal, Tampa couldn't. This is treated as a rental for them and they're gearing up for another cup while they can get guys like Colton and Johansen on the team for cheap along with hoping Landeskog comes off LTIR during the playoffs.

If they can't sign him long term, they only paid a 2nd to get a full year rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad