Confirmed with Link: [TBL/COL] Ross Colton traded for the 2023 37th overall pick

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
What a terrible trade. Losing Killorn and Colton, and not even getting a single asset back that helps this year; now I have a much worse outlook for this season, but hey, at least all the doom and gloom posters in here can have a party I guess.

Colorado gets a 1st+2nd for Newhook, N.J. gets Toffoli for Sharangovich+3rd, and all JBB can get is a pitiful 2nd for Colton.

Reactions: T REX

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What a terrible trade. Losing Killorn and Colton, and not even getting a single asset back that helps this year; now I have a much worse outlook for this season, but hey, at least all the doom and gloom posters in here can have a party I guess.
There's been so much trade activity because teams don't really like this year's free agent group.

That same free agent group is also rich in bottom pair/bottom six types that TB needs.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
There's been so much trade activity because teams don't really like this year's free agent group.

That same free agent group is also rich in bottom pair/bottom six types that TB needs.
Kind of need a top 6 forward now though, since Killorn and Colton are gone. Unless what I said yesterday holds true and the plan is forcing Jeannot into the top 6 with Stammer and Cirelli.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Kind of need a top 6 forward now though, since Killorn and Colton are gone. Unless what I said yesterday holds true and the plan is forcing Jeannot into the top 6 with Stammer and Cirelli.
save us, ABB!

(numbers-wise, ABB is the next verhaughe/JAM that we're all pining for)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Cirelli/Stamkos has never worked, we'll need another top 6 player, unless Killorn is signed and they go back to Stamkos - Paul - Killorn

Jeannot is most likely 4th line with Maroon

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

None of whom are close to replacing what they just lost in Colton and Killorn. The trade is a complete loss for Tampa, a team in a win now spot that just gave away 5 picks for Jeannot lol, and then trade a far better player for one whole 2nd. And now I hear they are interested in OEL, who should cripple the defense nicely.

Reactions: Reparlana and T REX

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Hate this trade because it feels like a direct result of the Jeannot trade.

Silver lining - there should be a really good player available at 37 if we keep the pick.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
God what an awful line that would be.

Hate this trade because it feels like a direct result of the Jeannot trade.
Still weird how Colton wad worth a 2nd....but Jeanot was worth a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th....

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Would have preferred to get a late first than an early second, but it's still decent.

FA activity has to save us on getting cheap replacements

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Would have preferred to get a late first than an early second, but it's still decent.

FA activity has to save us on getting cheap replacements
Colorado held picks 27, 31, and 37.

We'd probably have needed to add in order to move up.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Thanks for your time and big goal here Ross. I am not sure if we are going to draft someone or trade the pick for hemp on defense.

God what an awful line that would be.

Still weird how Colton wad worth a 2nd....but Jeanot was worth a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th....
Yeah but players cost more a the deadline and Ross still has to sign there. He holds the power in negotiations because they obviously value him.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

Colorado gets a 1st+2nd for Newhook, N.J. gets Toffoli for Sharangovich+3rd, and all JBB can get is a pitiful 2nd for Colton.
JBB is on the chopping block, agreed?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
JBB is on the chopping block, agreed?
We have to wait and see what happens. We got at least one forward spot and one defenseman spot to fill. Can we trade Myers and our 7th even and mid or low tier prospect to Arizona as a cap dump to free up some more space.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
We have to wait and see what happens. We got at least one forward spot and one defenseman spot to fill. Can we trade Myers and our 7th even and mid or low tier prospect to Arizona as a cap dump to free up some more space.
I was joking

A player that can help the team in 2026 or 2027! Can't wait....
What exactly did you expect on a return for a pending RFA like Colton?

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I was joking

What exactly did you expect on a return for a pending RFA like Colton?
At least one player that could help now. Any team interested in him should've been a team able to re-sign him, so JBB should have been able to get more. Both Newhook and Sharangovich, players of comparable ability, returned far better than Colton. It was a terrible return.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
He's trending in the wrong direction 100%.
Does Jeannot get a leash like Hagel or are we already confirming that he's a bust?

At least one player that could help now. Any team interested in him should've been a team able to re-sign him, so JBB should have been able to get more. Both Newhook and Sharangovich, players of comparable ability, returned far better than Colton. It was a terrible return.
A 37th OA pick for a pending RFA of Coltons caliber is a bad return?

Reactions: AHockeyFanatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad