Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CBJ/DET] Lightning trade 1st, 3rd, and 4th rd picks for David Savard (25%) & Brian Lashoff

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Regular season.
Hedman/ Savard/Cernak
Sergachev/ Cernak/Cernak
McD/ Foote
We need to rest Hedman and McD a few minutes a night and give the younger guys room to grow . Having a healthy McD and Hedman will go a long way for the playoffs.
Playoffs
Hedman/ Savard
McD/Cernak
Serga/Foote

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Killorn and Johnson have spent years being on again/off again dog turds. But if both guys were to play at the level we saw of them both last night I won't have a problem with Cooper's use of them because Colton is getting his almost no matter what and I'm not under the impression it would be like "Look how much better we'd be if HE got 7 extra minutes over Killorn/Johnson"

For the first time in a while Johnson had some pep in his step. He had a few other games recently where he looked like he was finding his speed too. Killorn was meh but at least his habit of falling down drew us a penalty. But all in all I'm not ready to grab the pitchforks yet. I wanna see if these 2 can continue showing signs of life before we see them banished to the void between dimensions. With Stamkos out I think it's only natural they're gonna draw more TOI

Tj looked better yesterday. Maybe he's having a sigh of relief to know he won't go anywhere. I suppose something could still happen there but my bet is no.

As for killorn I think he hasn't been great this year but I'm still holding out hope we see the killorn from the playoffs last year and early this season. Maybe we can get a "switch" in good play from Killorn when we need it most too.

I do feel good about our chances if those two arent a liability like they have been. The good thing is if they don't some other guys have been able to step up. Even some who didn't step up last year or just weren't in position to do so.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Tj looked better yesterday. Maybe he's having a sigh of relief to know he won't go anywhere. I suppose something could still happen there but my bet is no.

As for killorn I think he hasn't been great this year but I'm still holding out hope we see the killorn from the playoffs last year and early this season. Maybe we can get a "switch" in good play from Killorn when we need it most too.

I do feel good about our chances if those two arent a liability like they have been. The good thing is if they don't some other guys have been able to step up. Even some who didn't step up last year or just weren't in position to do so.
All Killorn has done is continue to take dumb penalties

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Regular season.
Hedman/ Savard/Cernak
Sergachev/ Cernak/Cernak
McD/ Foote
We need to rest Hedman and McD a few minutes a night and give the younger guys room to grow . Having a healthy McD and Hedman will go a long way for the playoffs.
Playoffs
Hedman/ Savard
McD/Cernak
Serga/Foote
McD and the Serg are why Hedman gets to rest up with like 22-25 minutes a night, then come playoffs he should be getting 30 a night. We have the luxury of having basically three #1LD

I'm much more confident with our RD now with Savard joining in. He'll bring physicality, shot blocking and be a nice stay at home guy for Hedman or Serg (most likely Heddy)

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Kucherov > all TDL acquisitions

Give me a rusty kuch over a mid season Hall any day. Crazy to think this team can ice a roster as good, if not better, during the playoffs. Colton, Stamkos and Savard replaces what we lost. And we have depth still....

DrunkBoatParadeKuch > TDL acquisitions.

Just saying.

image0-1-1.jpeg

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
Feels like an overpayment for a depth player. Is he a rental as well? Not much coming up the pipeline either. Cup or bust.

He is definitely going to be a rental but I don't like using the term depth player to refer to a guy your going to slot in your top 4. I think most would consider Savard a top 4 D vs depth defenseman. For a depth defenseman it would definitely be an overpay. Also deadline deals don't usually come cheap and he was the best defenseman available if you look at his career stats (not just this season).

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
we might win another cup but we are destroying our future for it with lack of picks
Flags fly forever.

Also this is a very bad draft without even factoring in the development time lost to Covid. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those drafts like the 1999 draft where barely any full-time NHLers - forget impact players - come out of it.

Reactions: DaBolts

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think the competition is also at a higher level than last year as well. Some pretty damn loaded rosters right now. Washington, Boston, Toronto, Colorado, I can't recall a year this strong for cup contention.

Then there's Vegas, Winnipeg, Carolina, and New York, it's going to be a blood bath playoffs.

Reactions: longtime lurker

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't like Bostons D. Paper tigers IMO.

Caps are riding a rookie goalie which is always dangerous.

Avs are legit. Leafs probably too. Vegas will he good but don't scare me.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah I’m not too concerned with the picks we gave up in a covid season and with us finishing at the top of the rankings again.

That defense we iced a week ago was horrible, Savard gives us a great double punch on the right side with Cernak (who has also much improved this year): Big, tough, sound defensively.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah I’m not too concerned with the picks we gave up in a covid season and with us finishing at the top of the rankings again.

That defense we iced a week ago was horrible, Savard gives us a great double punch on the right side with Cernak (who has also much improved this year): Big, tough, sound defensively.

Well, were banking on Savard rebounding because he's actually been pretty awful defensively this year. Hopefully it was more of a team thing than a personal thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad